Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shops/Businesses opening/closing down

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,422 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Eeden wrote: »
    Select Cartridge look to be moving back into Westside, specifically in the building which also houses Fine Wines (near Subway/Domino's). There was previously a betting shop there for a short while. Seems to be taking a long time to fit out the place, though there are signs in the window and a few cartridges on shelves in the shop. The interior isn't anywhere near finished.

Paddy P (I think 'twas them. One of the big firms anyway) was going to take over from the other bookies but planning permission was refused for a satellite dish so they pulled out.

Shannon Dry Cleaners on Cross St moving to the Square.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,112 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Elverys going into the former HMV unit in Edward Square.
    Are they moving out of the cramped unit at the entrance to Corbett Court?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,137 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

flazio wrote: »
    Are they moving out of the cramped unit at the entrance to Corbett Court?

You would think so, but I've no idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,940 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

The Lantern in Ballybane is open again.

Word is that last Saturday was opening day. Didn't want to say anything til I'd seen the door open myself though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

heard... <hearsay, snipped>.

• Advertisement

heard... <hearsay, snipped>.

Also heard that.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Hearsay removed. See first post in thread.

Sign on window of the former xmas shop in market st,think it was mex clothing at one point,planning application to change use to restaurant

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Jack Pepperoni front is covered up with newspaper and signage down
    http://jackpepperoni.ie/ has no mention of it.

However FB https://www.facebook.com/jackpepperonipizza/ says "closed for renovation".
    Weirdly all updates on the FB page is in Polish, not English.

biko wrote:
    says "closed for renovation". Weirdly all updates on the FB page is in Polish, not English.

Polish owned,and foods mainly polish..nice dinners in there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭12thofthe12th

They are gonna change it into a restaurant I hear.

They are gonna change it into a restaurant I hear.

New signs saying Lunchtime going up a few minutes ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Only ate there once but the portions were huge, food was great, and reasonably priced.

empty unit next to capones(between capones and david martin) is being converted into a bar,combining with capones

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭westgolf

empty unit next to capones(between capones and david martin) is being converted into a bar,combining with capones

An odd move as these are small n tight units. Capones only has spacy feel because its a double unit already.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Really, well that's interesting. Any idea who's behind it?

capones are behind it,will be all the one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Wondered that. Good luck to them, I'll certainly check them out. There's room for more than just Sheridan's, especially when good pub grub is on offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,651 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

I notice the old Sofa place under / beside the Maldron Hotel Sandy Road Galway (formally Pillo Hotel Galway) seems to be under renovations, windows blacked out and a planning application (dated Jan 16) on the window. Due for completion soon.

The Application has an email address "did.ie". I will avoid any "speculation" as to whom might be going in here.

I notice the old Sofa place under / beside the Maldron Hotel Sandy Road Galway (formally Pillo Hotel Galway) seems to be under renovations, windows blacked out and a planning application (dated Jan 16) on the window. Due for completion soon.

The Application has an email address "did.ie". I will avoid any "speculation" as to whom might be going in here.

Thought it was the old n17 unit they were going into, it's one of them anyway.

• Advertisement

Will they be keeping their unit in Briarhill?
    I had forgotten it was there.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Stevolende

HAs anything been said about the front/square entrance to the Eyre Square centre being converted into one shop?
    Or is this the right thread? Got told that all the units are closing down and becoming one big one. Not sure what it is as yet.
    Or what will happen about access from that side of the building, whether it will mean having to go through the shop to enter the centre. Not sure waht other entrances there are there.

Or alternatively why there is such a large divider in front of the shoe shop. Looks like everything on the other side of taht door will be one though. &all the smaller units have either been vacant for awhile or just moved to new premises in the case of the repairs sewing shop.
    Have wondered why there had been no activity in any of those units for ages. The internet shop there closed down rapidly and had the computers inside for a seemingly massive amount of time. Had thought that if it was closed down due to non rent payment it would have to be vacated rapidly. Though maybe that isn't how something like taht works anyway.

Stevolende wrote: »
    HAs anything been said about the front/square entrance to the Eyre Square centre being converted into one shop?

Planning was granted for knocking and rebuilding that entire section a while back. Seems it's going ahead.

The glossy for attracting tenants to the various new units (now to be over 3 floors) is here: http://www.eyresquarecentre.com/opportunities/

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Stevolende

If that's 3 floors does that then go anywhere near where Hickey's is on the top floor.

Actually I was wondering what the story was on the shops on that floor since there do seem to be named hoardings up there which would suggest that they had at one point been occupied. While the only ones that I am aware of actually being active recently were the sewing repairs shop and i think a beauty salon/hairdresser or something, though I rarely go beyond Hickey's.

EDIT

I've now seen where this is going a biot better since I saw the front of that centre from a different angle earlier today.
    I'm assuming that part of this development is going to be utilising the space inside the building that now houses the Aran Islands office and used to be a bank.
    I couldn't work out where a 3rd floor was going to go so thought it might be building on top of what already exists. I still can't quite work out what's what in the structure of that centre but can see that Hickey's and the things on that floor must be in a different section that doesn't extend that far back from William street. May go about half the length of that side road that exits next to that entrance. Or something like that.
    I'm assuming that they're not really thinking about building on top of the existing centre are they?

The former Central Bar on Woodquay re-opening tonight as McKeoghs, or something like that - my source's spelling was vague.

Being managed by someone with family links to long-standing staff in another pub in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,422 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

We'll have to start calling Woodquay 'The Mc Quarter'.

mcgins?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

If that's 3 floors does that then go anywhere near where Hickey's is on the top floor.

Actually I was wondering what the story was on the shops on that floor since there do seem to be named hoardings up there which would suggest that they had at one point been occupied. While the only ones that I am aware of actually being active recently were the sewing repairs shop and i think a beauty salon/hairdresser or something, though I rarely go beyond Hickey's.

EDIT

I've now seen where this is going a biot better since I saw the front of that centre from a different angle earlier today.
    I'm assuming that part of this development is going to be utilising the space inside the building that now houses the Aran Islands office and used to be a bank.
    I couldn't work out where a 3rd floor was going to go so thought it might be building on top of what already exists. I still can't quite work out what's what in the structure of that centre but can see that Hickey's and the things on that floor must be in a different section that doesn't extend that far back from William street. May go about half the length of that side road that exits next to that entrance. Or something like that.
    I'm assuming that they're not really thinking about building on top of the existing centre are they?

its the entrance that opens onto eyre square

EDIT

I'm assuming that part of this develo
    pment is going to be utilising the space inside the building that now houses the Aran Islands office and used to be a bank.
    They will be demolishing the entrance from Eyre Square (the ramps and glass part) and replacing it with a new three story building. The bank will stay unchanged.

image.jpg
    http://www.irishtimes.com/business/commercial-property/eyre-square-centre-to-undergo-4m-revamp-1.2536827

The three story part with Hickeys is an older separate shopping center called Corbetts Court - it is small and when the Eyre Square centre was built it linked into it. There are two storey townhouse apartments built on top of the Eyre Square part.

• Advertisement

The former Central Bar on Woodquay re-opening tonight as McKeoghs, or something like that - my source's spelling was vague.

Update: Actually called the Lough Inn. (Vagunesse on steorids!)

Wet paint isn't quite dry, hasn't managed to open yet. Most likely tomorrow.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement