Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shops/Businesses opening/closing down

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

Delighted about Iceland moving in. Any idea where it'll be?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,122 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Hazel Mountain Chocolate opened at the weekend a few doors from Milanos. Bought 2 hot chocolate drinks...... €9!!!!!! Won't be going back.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

dinneenp wrote: »
    Hazel Mountain Chocolate opened at the weekend a few doors from Milanos. Bought 2 hot chocolate drinks...... €9!!!!!! Won't be going back.

Were they nice?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

dinneenp wrote: »

To be fair most people would think absolutely nothing of paying that for two pints (and many more besides), so if it's particularly good hot chocolate, I wouldn't necessarily be too offended with that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭gifted

To be fair most people would think absolutely nothing of paying that for two pints (and many more besides), so if it's particularly good hot chocolate, I wouldn't necessarily be too offended with that price.

Even if willie wonka himself poured the chocolate I wouldn't pay that money lol lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭talking_walnut

gifted wrote: »
    Even if willie wonka himself poured the chocolate I wouldn't pay that money lol lol

I would if it was Gene Wilder :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,212 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

are these the guys from down towards lahinch? was in their factory before,and cafe poured the hot choc from a big old kettle, was as thick as hot nutella

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Once at a boutique chocolate shop we were charged something like that. However, it did come with a nice sized hunk of fudge hanging off the lip of the cup and tower of cream on top. So despite the high price, it was good value in terms of calories.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,886 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Former Goalpost has re-opened as Caribou.

From their Twitter presence I'd guess aiming for a different target market than the previous clientele.

To be seen whether the Woodquay location ("over 50 and grumpy") works for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Former Goalpost has re-opened as Caribou.

From their Twitter presence I'd guess aiming for a different target market than the previous clientele.

To be seen whether the Woodquay location ("over 50 and grumpy") works for that.

It's quite hipster but has a good beer selection.

• Advertisement

Pura Vido (spelling) cafe on Spanish arch is gone. Sign on building says restaurant for lease.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Whereisgalway

There developing the building above centra on the Dublin road, parking is quite tight there at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 6,212 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

bout time

• Registered Users Posts: 15,549 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

There developing the building above centra on the Dublin road, parking is quite tight there at the moment

From what I heard, the mini Centra franchise of 'Casey's Centra' (there are 5 of them around Galway/Mayo region) have not renewed their contract with Centra and are changing to a different brand. Whether this is the reason behind the development or not, I do not know.

FitzShane wrote: »
    From what I heard, the mini Centra franchise of 'Casey's Centra' (there are 5 of them around Galway/Mayo region) have not renewed their contract with Centra and are changing to a different brand. Whether this is the reason behind the development or not, I do not know.

Doubt it. There's scaffolding over the whole building ... and a big business as usual sign from the central.

Doubt it. There's scaffolding over the whole building ... and a big business as usual sign from the central.

I think they are changing from centra

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭paconnors

There not. They are changing the units above from office accommodation to apartments.

And how do I know I have a friend that works in that said centra.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

I've gone blank, what was here before on Flood St?
    CyW8QS9XUAAzi6e.jpg:small

• Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

snubbleste wrote: »

Where is that?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

Not a whole lot by the looks of things

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,549 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

paconnors wrote: »
    There not. They are changing the units above from office accommodation to apartments.

And how do I know I have a friend that works in that said centra.

Well I have heard from someone closely aligned with the Retail business that all 4 stores in the Caseys Centra franchise will not be continuing with Centra as they are changing brands.

Also, in a slightly related note, Topaz (who are going to re-brand Esso also I think) who were bought by Couche-Tard last year are going to be rebranded as Circle K in the future. That probably means that all Topaz & Esso will be re branded as Circle K.

I know about the Centra's rebranding because of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Flower shop?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,090 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Hearing aid place or dentist.

I see buses are back operating from the couch station, go bus, city link etc provide a tremoundous service

• Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Their service is excellent for sure, long may it continue.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,915 ✭✭✭Storm 10

I saw Bus Eireann buses in the coach station today, are the operating from there now

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Storm 10 wrote: »
    I saw Bus Eireann buses in the coach station today, are the operating from there now

They are using it for Christmas park and ride from race course..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,047 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I see buses are back operating from the couch station, go bus, city link etc provide a tremoundous service

The couch station? Sofa so good?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,318 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

D Trent wrote: »
    Not a whole lot by the looks of things

Art gallery.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

flazio wrote: »
    The couch station? Sofa so good?

They seem to have settee'd in fine by now

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement