Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shops/Businesses opening/closing down

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ratracer

D Trent wrote: »
    They seem to have settee'd in fine by now

I hope a mod 'bus'ts this carry on before it gets out of hand!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

ratracer wrote: »
    I hope a mod 'bus'ts this carry on before it gets out of hand!!

It's wheely not my place to intervene...

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Breaston Plants

Brian Fahy bookmakers in Woodquay closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

This article from today's Irish Times references Diesel clothing and Starbucks both taking units in Eyre Square SC.

http://www.irishtimes.com/business/commercial-property/diesel-to-open-sizeable-store-in-ilac-centre-in-2017-1.2894914

• Registered Users Posts: 10,318 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Brian Fahy bookmakers in Woodquay closed.

Sold to Paddy Power apparently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,886 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Carrols in Dominic St opened again last week, after their fire. Apparently they painted inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭westgolf

New diecast shop, model trucks cars etc, opened in lower level corbett court. Also, in a kind of wheel going full circle note, o'reilly name is now over former lohans premises in salthill.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Nexarz

New sushi place opened on Eglinton street where Ming garden used to be.. upstairs from Maxwell's

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Nexarz wrote: »
    New sushi place opened on Eglinton street where Ming garden used to be.. upstairs from Maxwell's

Glad to see something substantial move into that space. If anyone happens across the name or a link please post it here. Sushi in Galway is very welcome indeed. Especially if they consider a deliver option, as nobody services us out in the sticks in Knocknacarra anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Glad to see something substantial move into that space. If anyone happens across the name or a link please post it here. Sushi in Galway is very welcome indeed. Especially if they consider a deliver option, as nobody services us out in the sticks in Knocknacarra anymore.

Spotted the new signage yesterday. It's called Tomodachi Sushi Bar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭MargeS

Nexarz wrote: »
    oh! when did the Ming garden close?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Galway's crying out for a good, cheap, informal sushi bar in town! Hoping this is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,122 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Art gallery.

Where?

dinneenp wrote: »
    Where?

Used to be where Catherine connelly has moved in.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Nexarz

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    Galway's crying out for a good, cheap, informal sushi bar in town! Hoping this is good.

went for take away for lunch today.. really really tasty...
    It's not cheap (average 4 for one plate of sushi, spent 14 quid to fill me) but they have a much bigger selection and a good change from the huge rolls that wa cafe and kappa ya have that are full of just rice... it wouldn't be an everyday but def worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Ludikrus

You'll never get good quality fish for cheap so decent sushi can't be cheap. I'd be a bit worried if it is! Looking forward to trying this place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Best advice for a sushi restaurant is if you smell fish when you walk in, turn around and leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

New headshop in Corbett Court I hear, any further tell on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Ard Bia closing temporarily due to an increase in 'rodent activity' outside its premises.

http://www.galwayindependent.com/news/topics/articles/2016/12/14/4131807-galway-city-restaurant-temporarily-closes-due-to-rodent-activity/

I could understand if they closed due to a rodent problem inside their restaurant, however unless there are hoards of rats roaming the Spanish Arch attacking patrons as they come and go, it would appear to be a very drastic decision to shut up shop.

I smell a rat.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭martinkop

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    Ard Bia closing temporarily due to an increase in 'rodent activity' outside its premises.

http://www.galwayindependent.com/news/topics/articles/2016/12/14/4131807-galway-city-restaurant-temporarily-closes-due-to-rodent-activity/

I could understand if they closed due to a rodent problem inside their restaurant, however unless there are hoards of rats roaming the Spanish Arch attacking patrons as they come and go, it would appear to be a very drastic decision to shut up shop.

I smell a rat.

Walking down that way last night and saw a few rats running across the path outside, probably not inside but still would put most off going in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,090 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

And the cosmic ballet goes on, now its Headford Rd Tandoori and Kebab or some such. Brilliant, surely deserving of its own thread by now.

Taste of France has opened beside Charcoal on Cross St, a deli, homeware, craft type place. http://www.advertiser.ie/galway/article/79642/taste-of-france-now-open-at-cross-st-lower

By now they really deserve their own thread, its now an Asian Street Food 'restaurant', passed by this evening, they are in the midst of the newspaper inside the windows phase. Has to be some form of money laundering or illegal immigration racket, surely!!!!

martinkop wrote: »
    Walking down that way last night and saw a few rats running across the path outside, probably not inside but still would put most off going in

How many legs did they have?

New headshop in Corbett Court I hear, any further tell on it?

It's a hairdressers :) Called Head Start (or something .. definitely has the word Head in the name). Upstairs in the bit that Hickeys is in. Sorry to disappoint ...

Cafe in St Augustine St / Buttermilk [walk/lane - I can never remember which is which], previously Luna / Il Viccolo / Cask, now has signs up saying is't opening as Bondi (or it is Bandi) Bistro in the new year, serving Malaysian / Western cuisine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

It's a hairdressers :) Called Head Start (or something .. definitely has the word Head in the name). Upstairs in the bit that Hickeys is in. Sorry to disappoint ...

oh think I saw that.

Is it "Gimme Head" ?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I've been trying to get in touch with them about a booking with no joy.

I drove over today and they have a closed sign up.

Anyone know the scéal?

Temporary or permanent?

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭aw

It is closed for good.

All of their equipment is for sale. Great price on your own bowling alley :eek:
    https://www.donedeal.ie/all?userId=2476942

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

aw wrote: »
    It is closed for good.

All of their equipment is for sale. Great price on your own bowling alley :eek:
    https://www.donedeal.ie/all?userId=2476942

Good to know. Thanks for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

Aw crap, many a few good times in there

[ QUOTE]

Cafe in St Augustine St / Buttermilk [walk/lane - I can never remember which is which], previously Luna / Il Viccolo / Cask, now has signs up saying is't opening as Bondi (or it is Bandi) Bistro in the new year, serving Malaysian / Western cuisine.[/quote]

Bonda Bistro opened on monday this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,929 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Jaysus thats a bit of a loss to Oranmore, I was always surprised by how busy that place was when I was around there. Did they just not have the numbers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭westgolf

biko wrote: »
    Aw crap, many a few good times in there

Where are we talking about ?

edit.
    Just spotted cross linked thread re City Limits in Oranmore.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement