Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shops/Businesses opening/closing down

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

Yes. ABC have closed that shop but a sign in the window says school books are still available from their Tuam Rd shop.

The unit now has signabe up for a different book company. Books... something (can't remember the name).

That's right,

Books and Cocaine

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Ruben Remus

Salthill Fish and Chips is closed, as I discovered when I tried to go there on Friday. No sign on the door to say if it's permanent or temporary. Some sort of renovation/refitting work seems to be taking place inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭irisheddie85

Salthill Fish and Chips is closed, as I discovered when I tried to go there on Friday. No sign on the door to say if it's permanent or temporary. Some sort of renovation/refitting work seems to be taking place inside.

it was recently sold to the owners of da roberata next door i think. It had an issue with planning last year and toilet access for having seating maybe these issues are being rectified.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Nooooooooooooo!

Some of the best fish and chips in town:(

• Registered Users Posts: 25,936 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Former bookies premises on Cross St has been refurbed and looks very close to opening as Tigh Nora, cafe and bar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,414 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

^
    Presume it's just an extension of The Front Door with a different entrance. The Side Door so to speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

^
    Presume it's just an extension of The Front Door with a different entrance. The Side Door so to speak.
    You'd be right.

New Virgin Media phone shop going in beside Candleworks downstairs in ESC.

^

Yes it does indeed look like an extension of the empire with a very carefully created new brand .... see attached pic.

They forgot to put the fag hanging out of her mouth on the sign.

Yes it does indeed look like an extension of the empire with a very carefully created new brand .... see attached pic.

Or maybe not.

Just walked past and the external signage is covered over and it looks like they're doing more work inside.

Maybe Mr OBumble wasn't the only one to make a joke about calling it Wards of Cross St.

Wouldn't be the first time that a pub almost opened with a female name but they changed it at the last minute.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Funky donuts opening on Dominick st in the coming weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Funky donuts opening on Dominick st in the coming weeks

Is that where the Kebab House was? Shutters were up last week and works going on in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

No I think it's going in by Carroll's pub,not 100%

I'd be pretty sure the donut are going in ex kebab house: lots of fitout going on in there and a reliable source says they were doing things with power supply for deepfryers.

ISupply in augustine st (ex Quay Lane) have a sign saying the branch is closing today (28 feb) - all enquiries to their sea rd branch.

Allman Reynolds estate agent going in on the corner if Abbeygate st and merchants rd - solicitor who was there moved to ... somewhere else in town.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,262 ✭✭✭ratracer

The 'Chopped' fresh food franchise arrives in Galway tomorrow, opening at 1pm in the Londis store opposite the hospital.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭inisboffin

I'd be pretty sure the donut are going in ex kebab house: lots of fitout going on in there and a reliable source says they were doing things with power supply for deepfryers.

ISupply in augustine st (ex Quay Lane) have a sign saying the branch is closing today (28 feb) - all enquiries to their sea rd branch.

Is that the one on Flood St, or is there another further up?
    Did it look like a temporary closure (as in see the Sea Road while we are closed) or do you reckon it is gone for good?

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭buzz11

Has KC Blakes pantry in Knocknacarra closed down for good? In the last 2 weeks, its been closed every time that I pass it.

inisboffin wrote: »
    Is that the one on Flood St, or is there another further up?
    Did it look like a temporary closure (as in see the Sea Road while we are closed) or do you reckon it is gone for good?

Actually you're right, it is Flood St.

Sign doesn't specify, but i got the impression it was permanent . I'll keep an eye out to see if they empty the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,454 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Is the diesel shop the real stuff or the cheap Irish stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Is the diesel shop the real stuff or the cheap Irish stuff?

Cheap Irish stuff. I think the only places in Ireland that sells genuine Italian Diesel clothing are concessions in Brown Thomas and Arnotts and maybe one or two other places.

• Advertisement

Or maybe not.

Just walked past and the external signage is covered over and it looks like they're doing more work inside.

Maybe Mr OBumble wasn't the only one to make a joke about calling it Wards of Cross St.

Wouldn't be the first time that a pub almost opened with a female name but they changed it at the last minute.

Tigh Nora, Galways 'newest' (only) gin bar opens next Friday 10/3.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

buzz11 wrote: »
    Has KC Blakes pantry in Knocknacarra closed down for good? In the last 2 weeks, its been closed every time that I pass it.
    not sure but noticed the same every time i passed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

buzz11 wrote: »

Will anyone miss it?

Other than some nice quiche and desserts I've always found their selection too boring to pay for.

I liked their salads.

Did you ever mention to them that you found it too boring?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

I'm not trying to complain about the quality or anything. Just that what they sell typically is the type of food we already make for ourselves. When we splurge for a takeaway we prefer meals that we wouldn't make for ourselves. I always assumed they were more popular with the older generation who might be more keen on their offerings.

Actually you're right, it is Flood St.

Sign doesn't specify, but i got the impression it was permanent . I'll keep an eye out to see if they empty the place.

Checked: iSupply sign says the branch is closing. Place is being cleared out.

Providence Market Kitchen in Abbeygate St appears to be gone: there's no sign up, but the place is having stuff removed from it just now.

ITM solutions closed on Prospect Hill.

A Four Star Pizza is operating out of the Londis in Mervue.

Tigh Nora, Galways 'newest' (only) gin bar opens next Friday 10/3.

It will have a normal bar available also.

It will have a normal bar available also.

I was going off their promo material.

• Advertisement

The Spanish Arch is turning into The Residence boutique hotel.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement