Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shops/Businesses opening/closing down

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭westgolf

The Spanish Arch is turning into The Residence boutique hotel.

Source ?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,886 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

westgolf wrote: »
    Source ?

Dunno about his source.

But it's already been renamed that on expedia and the like, eg https://www.expedia.ie/Galway-Hotels-The-Residence-Hotel.h3050982.Hotel-Information

• Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

No mention of "Boutique" on Expedia.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,071 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

• Registered Users Posts: 10,318 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

westgolf wrote: »
    Source ?

They are Twittering themselves as that. Looks fancy alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

After looking at the expedia pics, they really should hire a better photographer/editor. More than 10 pics of the same room in different angles, and then 10 generics Galway pics from google images..

Tigh Fox on Eyre Square was closed when I walked past about 10pm. No sign on the door but they're usually open then.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,338 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Providence Market Kitchen in Abbeygate St appears to be gone: there's no sign up, but the place is having stuff removed from it just now.

Called into it today and the door was locked and looked cleared out inside. No notice up or anything. I'm guessing the lease was up or something.

Tigh Fox on Eyre Square was closed when I walked past about 10pm. No sign on the door but they're usually open then.

Had it confirmed from an excellent source that it closed for the last time on Saturday night.

Also had confirmation that Providence is definitely gone, its not just a refurb.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ratracer

Had it confirmed from an excellent source that it closed for the last time on Saturday night.

Also had confirmation that Providence is definitely gone, its not just a refurb.

Rumour around Kinvara is that Providence is opening out here soon, I hope that's true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭testtech05

The Spanish Arch is turning into The Residence boutique hotel.

I assume they will be taking over the bar also, like that place has some good bands there at weekends.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,929 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

On mobile, what was Provedence?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

Thargor wrote:
    On mobile, what was Provedence?

It was a lovely cafe on the corner of ausgistian Street and abbeygate Street

• Registered Users Posts: 4,687 ✭✭✭serfboard

JillyQ wrote: »
    It was a lovely cafe on the corner of ausgistian Street and abbeygate Street
    'Twas indeed. I ate there quite a few times - nice food. It's a pity to see it go.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 182 ✭✭rabjoshu

Feericks butchers in Lower Newcastle closing 30 January according to the advertiser
    Being replaced by a sandwich bar

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

rabjoshu wrote: »
    Being replaced by a sandwich bar

Planning has been up for a while. Nothing wrong with an alternative to G&L (Don't even mention Topaz for sandwiches)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,049 ✭✭✭Guffy

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Planning has been up for a while. Nothing wrong with an alternative to G&L (Don't even mention Topaz for sandwiches)

They make sandwiches :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,318 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

gufc21 wrote: »
    They make sandwiches :D

That's gas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

Hazel Mountain chocolate shop opening on Middle St near Milanos

Wonder will they be as popular as Butlers on William st

• Registered Users Posts: 14,458 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Have they not been there for a while now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

D Trent wrote: »
    Hazel Mountain chocolate shop opening on Middle St near Milanos

Wonder will they be as popular as Butlers on William st

Well they'll be opening tomorrow I suppose but they opened for business before Christmas , but don't think many people know they are there tbh. Not the best location.

Subway on High St is gone.

Signs in the windows say its being replaced with Murphys Icecream.

Icecream must be the new coffee: the ultra small coffee / tourist stuff shop further down the other side of high st is now a an icecrean shop. And theres a new-enough Maple Moose in the Eyre Square centre too.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,929 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

How long has that massive chocolate shop been there at Charlie Browns and River Deep Mountain High? Lovely looking shop, completely empty whenever I pass though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Looks like The Kebab House is going to be another takeawy (or similar) - 'arty' sign up on the wall inside saying 'Hamburger'

Pitty i've moved on to spicebags across the road :eek:

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭J.pilkington

Subway on High St is gone.

Signs in the windows say its being replaced with Murphys Icecream.

Icecream must be the new coffee: the ultra small coffee / tourist stuff shop further down the other side of high st is now a an icecrean shop. And theres a new-enough Maple Moose in the Eyre Square centre too.

That's a pity, once Galway was full of subways now finding one involves firstly googling to make sure it's still open then a trip to the other side of the city

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

Bunch of bicker removed.
    It was dragging thread offtopic

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Bredabe

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Looks like The Kebab House is going to be another takeawy (or similar) - 'arty' sign up on the wall inside saying 'Hamburger'

Pitty i've moved on to spicebags across the road :eek:
    Is that the kebab house in eglinton st?

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Bredabe wrote: »
    Is that the kebab house in eglinton st?

That's called Capital Kebab!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

The long vacant ex Sean Loughnanes on Bothar Breandan ui Eithir is currently being worked on.
    Agape Electronics beside Crowds is closed too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

That's a pity, once Galway was full of subways now finding one involves firstly googling to make sure it's still open then a trip to the other side of the city

What ones are there now? I know there's the Tuam Rd, Galway Shopping Centre and Newcastle...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement