Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shops/Businesses opening/closing down

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,886 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Artisan restaurant is gone. Walked past every day since Monday.

Ditto Quay Noodles. Building exterior was getting a facelift a day or to ago.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭youngrun

Ditto Quay Noodles. Building exterior was getting a facelift a day or to ago.
    Surprised at both
    Quay Noodle maybe New owners ? Was for sale a while back.
    Artisan thought that was going ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,348 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Surprised as well that Artisan is gone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Surprised as well that Artisan is gone

They were advertising for a new head chef at the end of March. It certainly seems very sudden!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

They were still busy working on Hooked and Ali's fish shop when I walked past yesterday. By the looks of it, it will be early May at the earliest.
    I wish they'd hurry up, I really like the place!

I ran into Ali today and he said Hooked will re-open the end of next week/early the week after.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Foxes is reopening today as Darcys bar

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭ArtyC

Artisan are gone due to their lease being up. They posted up on their facebook page.... seemed like they'd be looking for a new premises ( well that's what I got from it anyways )

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭tenacious-me

I've seen a post floating around facebook saying the Corrib Great Southern is getting renovated into a children's play centre in the style of Peter Pan but can't find any concrete details of it anywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

I've seen a post floating around facebook saying the Corrib Great Southern is getting renovated into a children's play centre in the style of Peter Pan but can't find any concrete details of it anywhere
    Fairly sure that page is Galway's equivalent of Waterford Whispers.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭tenacious-me

WallyGUFC wrote: »
    Fairly sure that page is Galway's equivalent of Waterford Whispers.

Haha, stupid enough of me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭12thofthe12th

Does anyone know what happened to Pure Raw on abbeygate street? There was a notice on the window saying closed for maintenance for a couple of weeks, now it's completely striped down.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,886 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Does anyone know what happened to Pure Raw on abbeygate street? There was a notice on the window saying closed for maintenance for a couple of weeks, now it's completely striped down.

No. But it was being painted by the same lads who were doing the front of the former Dough Bros. Likely the same nightclub-owning landlord of the whole building.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭ArtyC

No. But it was being painted by the same lads who were doing the front of the former Dough Bros. Likely the same nightclub-owning landlord of the whole building.

Had a look at their fb page. There was an update about the refurb saying there was a major electrical fault and it would take longer. Nothing more since....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭youngrun

ArtyC wrote: »
    Had a look at their fb page. There was an update about the refurb saying there was a major electrical fault and it would take longer. Nothing more since....

That fault must have blown the entire place and staff to another galaxy , doesnt look like they are coming back...

pureraw was good spot , surely will be another cafe or idea there soon, funny street so close to the action but sees huge cafe/food business changes regularly

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

youngrun wrote: »
    That fault must have blown the entire place and staff to another galaxy , doesnt look like they are coming back...

pureraw was good spot , surely will be another cafe or idea there soon, funny street so close to the action but sees huge cafe/food business changes regularly

are they not part of purefit?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Tiger upstairs in the eyre square centre is gutted. Hopefully just a refurb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭45mhrc7evo1d3n

Tiger upstairs in the eyre square centre is gutted. Hopefully just a refurb

They are rebranding all their shops to their new name, Flying Tiger. So hopefully that’s what’s going on at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,929 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Hopefully after the rebrand they'll start selling decent stuff instead of complete tat.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭whineflu

Hooked is open again. Looks great. :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

whineflu wrote: »
    Hooked is open again. Looks great. :D:D:D

Can it hold more people now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

Can it hold more people now?

Yes!
    The shop area is smaller than it used to be so the restaurant seating area is bigger. Looking forward to trying it soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

I was there at the weekend and it's great. The usual excellent food and a lot more space.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭12thofthe12th

Has anyone been in the new Papa Rich Bistro inside Born shopping center yet? Still haven't got a chance to try it out, I wonder what the food is like.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭westgolf

Inisfree bar, former kracma, seems closed up for the last few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭Laviski

westgolf wrote: »

no surprise there...
    When they took over from KRACMA they booted out the regular salsa scene on friday nights where they have a huge following, empty nearly every night.

salsa scence moved to Wednesday in Monroes where its packed week in week out - their loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Name rings a bell, where is it?

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Bredabe wrote: »
    Name rings a bell, where is it?

Site of the Castle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭45mhrc7evo1d3n

I have it on good authority that it's going to re-open as a steak house under new ownership.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,623 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

The Gala store on the corner of Eglinton Street and Mary Street is closed, a sign on the door says it closed for Maternity leave and renovations, forgot to take a photo of it. Still stock visible on shelves.

There is also two "For Sale" signs from different companies on the building, but not sure if that is for the upper floors or what?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement