Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shops/Businesses opening/closing down

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,492 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

I'm guessing any failures will be replaced by donut/doughnut shops.

Ice-Cream shop surely?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Haughes butcher in Terryland looks closed. Anyone confirm this?

Pity if it is as I always found it excellent.

Yes, they even removed the signage now. Bought a few bits there and it was decent but lot of competition with the one beside Dunnes and Heaney's just down the road in Liosbaun.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,348 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Worn Out wrote: »
    What happened to Body Dynamics in Knocknacarra?

They have relocated to Barna
    https://www.facebook.com/BodyDynamicsGalway/

• Registered Users Posts: 13,155 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

pjohnson wrote: »
    Ice-Cream shop surely?

not if cork is anything to go by....6 donut shops in the last 9 months and at least one more coming apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭McTigs

xckjoo wrote: »
    The one on Newcastle Road is gone too.
    aaaaaagh that's my local branch.... Fcukers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,348 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Bredabe wrote: »
    Ppl who say they are "allergic" to something that dont like, why lie?
    makes it so hard in some groups to get our proven allergies believed.

So would that be ice-cream or donuts that you are allergic to? :D:p

• Registered Users Posts: 25,886 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Just Art It, variously described as "your local art lab" ... "a creative space" ... has opened across the road from Rouge in the premises which had the fire.

Facebook event says it's open to artists and the public alike.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Bredabe

So would that be ice-cream or donuts that you are allergic to? :D:p
    Both actually, but thanks for showing me the delete doesn't work. I'll try again now, just an fyi in case you look foolish if it disappears.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

Sign on the freezer in Maxol Whitestrand saying that it's closing on Friday at 2:00.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭westgolf

Eeden wrote: »
    Sign on the freezer in Maxol Whitestrand saying that it's closing on Friday at 2:00.

Current lease holder is getting out. Twas mentioned some time back on this forum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

westgolf wrote: »
    Current lease holder is getting out. Twas mentioned some time back on this forum.

I remember something about the Westside Maxol on here but don't remember seeing anything about the Whitestrand one.

I remember something about the Westside Maxol on here but don't remember seeing anything about the Whitestrand one.

Same lease holder in both locations.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,315 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Funny time of the year to be closing a freezer. Ya kno, it being ice cream season and that.

Whitesstrand still open with old and new staff today. No notices about closure anywhere.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭youngrun

m17 wrote: »
    Ulster bank is now closed down at the briarhill shopping center last FridayIMAG3846_zpssgjvtb0q.jpg

This used to be very handy . Actually moved account from UB as a result .

You would wonder that if all these branches close down will people eventually forget about banks that dont have a decent retail presence? Out of sight etc. . Or am I just the wrong vintage ?!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Whitesyrand stll open with old and new staff today. No notices about closure anywhere.

Closed on Friday @ 2.00pm opened again Sat morning under new management.

Part of the transition deal was to retain existing staff if they wished to remain.

The owners of the Spar shop at Pat's corner have the station now.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

Closed on Friday @ 2.00pm opened again Sat morning under new management.

Part of the transition deal was to retain existing staff if they wished to remain.

The owners of the Spar shop at Pat's corner have the station now.

Pat's corner? Where's that?

?Cee?view wrote: »

St Patrick's school O'Brien's bridge, across from seven (7).

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

youngrun wrote: »

You would wonder that if all these branches close down will people eventually forget about banks that dont have a decent retail presence? Out of sight etc. . Or am I just the wrong vintage ?!
    I agree, we've closed our BOI a/c's when they forced us to use machines for under 700€, touch and go as AIB going towards this too. We liked this as it had a way of depositing money after hours(tricky I know, but you cant talk to some ppl). Banking going the wrong way I think, just hope I live long enough to see the turn around on this.

youngrun wrote: »

Wrong vintage.

There's this thing called advertising.

Have you ever heard of Rabodirect? Number26? CurrencyFair? Amazon? Paypal? Netflix? Ever seen thier branches / stores/ etc?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭youngrun

Wrong vintage.

There's this thing called advertising.

Have you ever heard of Rabodirect? Number26? CurrencyFair? Amazon? Paypal? Netflix? Ever seen thier branches / stores/ etc?

Heard of some of them and dont use any of them . Arent Rabo pulling out of Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭ArtyC

I agree, we've closed our BOI a/c's when they forced us to use machines for under 700€, touch and go as AIB going towards this too. We liked this as it had a way of depositing money after hours(tricky I know, but you cant talk to some ppl). Banking going the wrong way I think, just hope I live long enough to see the turn around on this.

BOI have lodge machines outside some branches. So handy to lodge over the weekend. Cash goes straight in too!

?Cee?view wrote: »

Spar shop in old vineyard premises.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,070 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Bamboo takeaway closed, sign down and black plastic up in door..

• Registered Users Posts: 28 DeltaDelta

Apparently Nigel's Cycles on the Tuam Road has closed, can anyone confirm this? I was looking for their website, but after searching the net, there is no sign of anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

DeltaDelta wrote: »
    Apparently Nigel's Cycles on the Tuam Road has closed, can anyone confirm this? I was looking for their website, but after searching the net, there is no sign of anything.

See this post in the thread from the end of May:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=103667059&postcount=2610

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Sign up on the abc bookshop unit in eyre square centre saying a record shop is opening soon

Former Mez Masquerades in Middle St has reopened as Casa Crafts. Looks like hippy clothes from the window didplay.

Rak Thai in Eglinton Street for sale..didn't give it much time to develop a base of business.

• Advertisement

westgolf wrote: »
    Rak Thai in Eglinton Street for sale..didn't give it much time to develop a base of business.

Is it the building or the business that's up for sale?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement