Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shops/Businesses opening/closing down

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

You mean the former Anglo-Irish building?

There was a planning app to put a large back-packer hostel in there I think, but it was declined.

Would be a real shame if the upper floors aren't used for offices, there's a real lack of decent office space in the city.

Agree with your last point Mrs OB. There is a shocking dearth of office space in the city centre, instead it is located on the business parks in the suburbs and this creates unsustainable traffic patterns.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭westgolf

"Salt" - new name being installed on former KRCMA / Inisfree premises opposite Salthill church. Apparently an upmarket bar / restaurant.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭StonedRaider

westgolf wrote: »
    "Salt" - new name being installed on former KRCMA / Inisfree premises opposite Salthill church. Apparently an upmarket bar / restaurant.

O'Sullivan from across the road has taken over

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

O'Sullivan from across the road has taken over

Galleon opening it....? looks interesting from their facebook page?Opening soon https://www.facebook.com/SaltRestaurantGalway/

Raceweek I would imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Foster court hotel has a sign up that they are opening Friday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,623 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Just in time for race week.

Just in time for race week.

Fully booked according to one of the workers i spoke to

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Whereisgalway

There open tonight, pint wasn't great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

How much is a pint out of interest?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,549 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I'd imagine it wouldn't be. Sure the taps haven't been used in a long, long time! Give it time. The lads who are running it (Connaught, Pucan, 1520) know how to run a good place to be fair.

I've heard they are trying to run it as a 'trendy bar', anyone else heard similar?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

New Thai restaurant/takeaway in Liosbcalled Khow Thai. Had a takeaway from there this evening, delicious.
    Had sit-down dinner there recently, very nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

biko wrote: »
    Had sit-down dinner there recently, very nice.

Noticed they're listed now on JustEat in case anyone wants to order it.

How do they compare it to Thai Garden?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,549 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

FitzShane wrote: »
    I'd imagine it wouldn't be. Sure the taps haven't been used in a long, long time! Give it time. The lads who are running it (Connaught, Pucan, 1520) know how to run a good place to be fair.

I've heard they are trying to run it as a 'trendy bar', anyone else heard similar?

Was actually in there at the weekend.

Food was good - no complaints from me or the other half.
    I got a couple pints and thought they were also good. Again, no complaints! I actually said it when I was ordering that I didn't know which one to have as the taps hadn't been used in a while so was unsure which one to have. I was offered a little taster which was a nice touch! Didn't take the offer but the pint I had was good.

I'd a pint in there at the weekend, twas grand nothing more nothing less

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭Laviski

Papa Rich has opened another inside of born at newtownsmith for daytime hours.

was roaming yesterday and found that their original location has changed hours - doesn't open till 5. Needless to say i went to the new place and sat down enjoying a much better view with same great menu.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Laviski wrote: »

was roaming yesterday and found that their original location has changed hours - doesn't open till 5. Needless to say i went to the new place and sat down enjoying a much better view with same great menu.

I think the owner/head chef has moved to the new premises. He was going around to tables, meeting people and talking about the food when I was last in there.

Cracking view as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Is the food as good as the Woodquay premises??

ronnie3585 wrote: »

Absolutely! I also think there's a very slight variation on the menu, as I thought I saw one or two things listed that I don't recall seeing in Woodquay. Could be wrong there, though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭45mhrc7evo1d3n

Laviski wrote: »

Does anyone know if they are planning to open in the evenings in the Born location? It would be a lovely spot for dinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭Laviski

ronnie3585 wrote: »

yup and they now have a sushi menu as well.

• Advertisement

Does anyone know if they are planning to open in the evenings in the Born location? It would be a lovely spot for dinner.

Yup. They opened upstairs for evening meals about two weeks ago. That's what I thought people were talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

Yup. They opened upstairs for evening meals about two weeks ago. That's what I thought people were talking about.

Is the menu online anywhere?

Bought some dvds in the new shop in the Eyre Square shopping centre. It seems to have a good broad selection.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,886 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Former Kettle of Fish in Cross street is now Fritto Fritto Napoli - doing fish and chips, and deep fried pizza (I have not idea what the latter is like, just reporting what was on the menu board).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,315 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Sounds healthy. Is it the same crowd that have Pizza Napoli across the road?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭45mhrc7evo1d3n

Thanks so much for that! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Sounds healthy. Is it the same crowd that have Pizza Napoli across the road?

Yep, saw the owner there a couple of weeks ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Mr Starman

Yep, saw the owner there a couple of weeks ago.

Why did they call it Pizza Napoli?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Fozzie Bear

We were in the downstairs part Sunday. Wife had a look at the meun for the upstairs restaurant on the way out and mentioned that they open late in the evening. Think she said 10pm?!?

The menu looks the same too as the old Woodquay spot. Food was lovely btw, we will be back to sample the upstairs offerings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,492 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Bought some dvds in the new shop in the Eyre Square shopping centre. It seems to have a good broad selection.

Agreed. Excellent shop. Great to have one back. Badly missed HMV.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement