Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shops/Businesses opening/closing down

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭what_traffic

ratracer wrote: »
    I am a county commuter but I can't get a train or bus into town at times suitable for my work, I often park and cycle in from Oranmore.
    Of topic - do ya park at Oranmore train station? and do you use a fold up bike?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,248 ✭✭✭ratracer

Of topic - do ya park at Oranmore train station? and do you use a fold up bike?

No, I park in the village at the AstroTurf pitch. I use a normal bike, fits in the car if I fold the back car seats down.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Might not be the best idea to advertise where your vehicle is left unattended all day?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭what_traffic

Might not be the best idea to advertise where your vehicle is left unattended all day?

Would be safer to park in the Village than Oranmore train station. Plenty of passive security. Oranmore is a busy village town.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,886 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

A few changes on Abbeygate St:

Freedom Clothing St is closed - they've had closing-down sale signs up for days, now the shop unit is totally cleared out.

Sicilian restaurant 'U Liotru has opened in Cafe Venice's old spot (https://www.facebook.com/uliotrusicilianfood/ - though they don't seem to be updating it).

Deli / Cafe Gerona is opening next week, in the old Providence Market Kitchen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

New Italian restaurant after opening where Rak Thai (briefly) was on Francis Street https://www.facebook.com/dasimonegalway/

• Registered Users Posts: 13,043 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Sadly CEX has down scaled and the DVD selection which used to take up the entire basement is now just a few shelves upstairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

flazio wrote: »
    Sadly CEX has down scaled and the DVD selection which used to take up the entire basement is now just a few shelves upstairs.

Are they closing? Selling dvds whether new or old would be a pretty silly business these days

• Registered Users Posts: 13,043 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Are they closing? Selling dvds whether new or old would be a pretty silly business these days

No, they just refurbished to take the staff out from behind a counter and out onto the floor. All on one level now. And no, DVD sales are not silly business. I still collect MCU releases and TV series boxsets. I like to stay legal thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

No, they just refurbished to take the staff out from behind a counter and out onto the floor. All on one level now. And no, DVD sales are not silly business. I still collect MCU releases and TV series boxsets. I like to stay legal thanks.

Sorry my mistake. They are dvd shops opening all over the place

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

In fairness the reason they removed that entire section is because buying and selling DVD's these days is bad business for them from a commercial viewpoint.

On one hand, I like the new layout because it's much easier to see what's on display in their cabinets - in the old layout, half the stuff was hidden away and you couldn't see it, and there was always loads of stuff 'in stock' on the website but not on display in the store.

On the other hand....the new layout is absolutely horrible for queue management, people standing in every direction and no indication where the queue is supposed to form - not to mention when it's busy the queue completely blocks off some of the sections from browsing.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Sorry my mistake. They are dvd shops opening all over the place

Stay legal folks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,488 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

HEAD in the shopping center probablt made Cex give up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Mocha Beans in the Eyre sq Hotel closed to be replaced by a coffee shop run by the hotel its self

and

Mocha Beans in Newcastle finally opened up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Mocha Beans in Newcastle finally opened up

Walked past that yesterday, looks nice but the smell of 'burnt' coffee was putting me off.

Walked past that yesterday, looks nice but the smell of 'burnt' coffee was putting me off.

always found their coffee nice

They just won an award for it at the irish food awards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

always found their coffee nice

They just won an award for it at the irish food awards.

I generally like Costa coffee, too but it really smelled off putting. Will give it a try next time (if the smell has improved).
    Maybe the staff is all new and still inexperienced?

A new music store has opened on Bothar Ui Either - the link road between Prospect Hill and the new coach station.

I noticed it being fitted out and saw an ad for it on Facebook but can't find the name or website now.

Edit: it is called It music - expanding from Castlebar.
    http://www.itmusic.ie/

Flannahans shoes in eyre square centre is closing. Has had signs up for a week or two, stock was seriously run down today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Is the Starbucks in ceannt station still open?

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,488 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Flannahans shoes in eyre square centre is closing. Has had signs up for a week or two, stock was seriously run down today.

Flanagans is that the shop beside the butchers?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

Flanagans closed on Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Phone care open beside Hole in the Wall. It Music open beside GoBus.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,436 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Anyone know if "Calbro Motor Factors" on the Tuam road is gone completely? Called there today and it was completely shut, cleared out. They've been there for 30+ years I'd say...

JoeA3 wrote: »
    Anyone know if "Calbro Motor Factors" on the Tuam road is gone completely? Called there today and it was completely shut, cleared out. They've been there for 30+ years I'd say...

I was there in August: at that stage, the Calbro signage was still outside, but inside there were signs saying "Euro Car Parts / Team P R Reilly - we have moved to units 6-8 Merlin Park Industrial Estate, Doughiska Rd".

(My memory's not that good! I took a photo of the building, was able to check it just now due to Google's geo-tagging.)

JoeA3 wrote: »

the unit was up for let earlier in the year, But i dont know the answer to your question

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭islanderre

Calbro is now located across from the NCT centre in Merlin Park. Same helpful lads still there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,436 ✭✭✭JoeA3

islanderre wrote: »
    Calbro is now located across from the NCT centre in Merlin Park. Same helpful lads still there too.

Great to hear, would be a shame if they were gone.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Whereisgalway

Murty rabbits is closed for external work til the 11th of November

• Advertisement

Murty rabbits is closed for external work til the 11th of November

Internal work. (There may be some external work too, I don't know about that.)

No change of management involved.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement