Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shops/Businesses opening/closing down

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭m17

Flannahans shoes in eyre square centre is closing. Has had signs up for a week or two, stock was seriously run down today.

XL newsagent which is next door are taking over in January,there making the newsagent bigger

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

m17 wrote: »
    XL newsagent which is next door are taking over in January,there making the newsagent bigger

They opened it during the week

• Registered Users Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Does anyone know the food truck type set up outside the children's play center in knocnacarra, what type of food are they selling?
    The complex opposite Aldi.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

islanderre wrote: »
    Calbro is now located across from the NCT centre in Merlin Park. Same helpful lads still there too.

Part of Team PR Reilly (probably joint ownership) who in turn are associated with Euro Car Parts which is owned by LKQ corp - largest parts co in usa.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭paconnors

Al Fredos in Ballybane seems to have closed down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,458 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

paconnors wrote: »
    Al Fredos in Ballybane seems to have closed down.

Alfredos, on the Ballybane Road in Co Galway was also served with an enforcement order in September.

The order states there were numerous non-compliances in relation to cleaning and sanitation of the food premises and its equipment.

The entire premises were in a filthy condition, it said.

https://www.rte.ie/news/2017/1009/910905-food-closures/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I was in the Head music store yesterday, and they have a great selection of Blu-rays

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

• Registered Users Posts: 15,640 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Seems like there is some major construction work going on down beside where the Townhouse Bar is. I think I remembering someone saying before that that place can't be opened again as there are issues with insurance & flooding. So I don't know if it is that building, or the old one beside it?

There is also a good bit of construction going on in the Park House (?) building.

And the coffee place (Mocha Beans?) beside the Eyre Sq. Hotel seems to be closed too, or maybe a refurbishment.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,623 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Actually is Hartmans Jewelers closing down? Signage is gone but dunno if they are painting it or closing it.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭youngrun

FitzShane wrote: »
    Seems like there is some major construction work going on down beside where the Townhouse Bar is. I think I remembering someone saying before that that place can't be opened again as there are issues with insurance & flooding. So I don't know if it is that building, or the old one beside it?

There is also a good bit of construction going on in the Park House (?) building.

And the coffee place (Mocha Beans?) beside the Eyre Sq. Hotel seems to be closed too, or maybe a refurbishment.

Townhouse was sold to the same crowd who bought the rundown building on the corner http://connachttribune.ie/derelict-quay-street-block-brought-back-life-022/
    Could look great when finished

park house were to extend

Galway badly needs a bit of building work plenty more sites falling down/disused like Old tourist office at Vic, barretts site at Docks, Taaffes, Old garage at Fairhill, Corrib GS , Crown Sq, Connacht laundry, Eyre sq

Next couple of years could be busy with new hotels planned at Shannon dry cleaners, Market street, and a couple more afaik

Badly needed really , of course the main other choker is the lack of infrastucture and transport network investment which feeds into the city...I like the recent reactivation of the GLUAS idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

youngrun wrote: »
    Townhouse was sold to the same crowd who bought the rundown building on the corner http://connachttribune.ie/derelict-quay-street-block-brought-back-life-022/
    Could look great when finished

sites falling down/disused like Old tourist office at Vic,
    That's occupied

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭westgolf

That's occupied

It's occupied alright but if the semi derilect warehouse opposite it adjoining the Victoria was developed it would improve that whole corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,262 ✭✭✭ratracer

westgolf wrote: »
    It's occupied alright but if the semi derilect warehouse opposite it adjoining the Victoria was developed it would improve that whole corner.

Not 100% sure, but I think I read that Fallers Swearer shop are going in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,939 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

ratracer wrote: »

I presume you mean the corner where the Townhouse was. Yes, they've said it will include a sweater shop, don't remember if they said which one.

The corner by the Victoria is a completely different kettle of fish. I'm not sure how occupied the ex tourist office is. It was the public service card centre, but they've gone to the new SW office. Not sure who's in there now - looks like a very miserable building to be in.

Also, there's scaffolding outside the building beside the Park House this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,395 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Works ongoing at Maloney's at the corner of Mary St & Eglinton St.

Works also going on at PJ Cookes (closed for a number of weeks) small retail store on the Shantalla Rd.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

I presume you mean the corner where the Townhouse was. Yes, they've said it will include a sweater shop, don't remember if they said which one.

The corner by the Victoria is a completely different kettle of fish. I'm not sure how occupied the ex tourist office is. It was the public service card centre, but they've gone to the new SW office. Not sure who's in there now - looks like a very miserable building to be in.

Also, there's scaffolding outside the building beside the Park House this week.

Thats part of Park House's extension, bought the old bank offices years ago.

That corner building on Quay St is for a sweater shop from Killarney or somewhere not Galway related. Work has been going on in Townhouse for at least three weeks now.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,623 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

No one knows about Hartmans then?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

pjohnson wrote: »
    Nope...?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Nope...?

Their website is up and running and their Facebook page was last updated on the 22nd of this month advertising an in-store event mid-December.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

Yes, I agree, none of that talk...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,111 ✭✭✭✭flazio

ratracer wrote: »

Ah for f*** sake. :D

I see that the XL store are using their newly acquired premises in the Eyre Square centre to sell Christmas stuff. I would imagine the plan is to knock though the wall after Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,414 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

The Radisson to be rebranded as The Galmont.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,111 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Is that pronounced "Gal" as in she's my Gal. Or "Gawl" as in Galway?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,414 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Was wondering that myself. I presume it's related to Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,395 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

westgolf wrote: »
    Permission granted for Bonham Quarter development, subject to any appeals. Do I detect a tiger beginning to growl again ?

Appeal lodged unfortunately.
    An Taisce appeals Bord Pleanala permission for Bonham Quay development

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭testtech05

Poppyseeds cafe on Eyre street seems to have closed!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

pjohnson wrote: »

It was very much open for business today. Looks like they’re having their sign re-painted.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭bearclaire

Appeal lodged unfortunately.

Not Really Unfortunate, The project should be built But not by Barrett, he owes millions and a lot of people very nearly lost there jobs.
    The Project is Sound, Barrett However isn’t

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Dank Janniels

Will anything ever happen to that Crown Plaza site or whatever its called? Passed it there last week for the 1st time in ages, had forgotten all about it!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement