Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Questions about science course in UCD

Options
  • 01-06-2013 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hey guys i have a question. Does any of you know what the science course is like in UCD. i have not done chemistry and physics for my leaving cert and maths is one of my weak subject. My worry is if i have choosen biology and chemistry as a module for the general science degree, would i struggle with chemistry that i have vague foundation of.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭IrishKnight

The lecturers assume you know nothing and teach everything as if you never did a days science in your life. I didn't do chemistry for the LC but I ended up doing two years of it for my undergrad getting mostly Bs for it. I was required to take an Introduction to Chemistry module in first semester so I'd assume you'd have to do the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭DaisyFay

You'll get to do intro to chem in your first semester, as well as foundations of physics if you want and these modules are the basics of these subjects so you'll be fine. By the end of the first semester you'll be at the same level of chemistry as those that did it for the leaving. After that you can sorta manage to avoid these subjects if you want, if biology is what you want to focus on :P. Maths is compulsory in first year, but there is a choice of maths modules, so you can take intro to maths if you feel that not that great at it.

Advertisement