Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone played Footee yet? (Football Golf)

• 01-06-2013 5:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭

Anyone played it yet? Basically Football golf.

http://footee.ie/ More info here.

Was up there yesterday and it's good craic! Is a lot harder than you think but wasn't too bad! Hit a 12 on the first hole which is a par 5 but got better from then.

Ended up with a 57, with 45 being par. A birdie and a couple of pars.

Great little trip and just something different!

The place seemed packed yesterday so hopefully it's doing well.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Yeah played two weeks ago.

Like yourself the first hole was my downfall. Went over the back of the green and all the way down the hill and ended up getting a 9 on it. Shot a 50 in the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

Frisbee wrote: »
    Yeah played two weeks ago.

Like yourself the first hole was my downfall. Went over the back of the green and all the way down the hill and ended up getting a 9 on it. Shot a 50 in the end.

Yeah I hit it down that hill too, took 5 shots to get it back up.

Found putting a lot harder than I expected, once the ball starts rolling, you're definitely off the green but overall was a good laugh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Did something similar in Thailand a few months back. Thought it was great and wondered why we didn't have something like it at home. Good to see someone has picked up on the idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

Shot a 12 myself on the first hole, hills were my downfall. It's great craic.

942658_10151920351555830_141574738_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭DerekDGoldfish

Played it a few weeks ago and it was great fun, altough the weather was terrible the day we were playing so the wind kept blowing the ball off the green or back towards you so most of our scores were exceptionaly poor. Are the sheep still grazing there or have they shifted them yet?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Sounds good! Although a game of soccer-tennis is hard to beat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭recyclops

Great idea, poor execution far to much ****e around the place too enjoy it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Like what ? Sheep ?

I enjoyed it . First hole is a killer if you go down the hill .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

One problem I had was the wind. Was pretty poxy at times. The sheep make it funny. Enjoyed it though!

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

recyclops wrote: »
    Great idea, poor execution far to much ****e around the place too enjoy it.

A few of us are heading out there this coming weekend hopefully for the first time. What was wrong with it?

It's going to be a surreal experience for me as it, what with it being the golf course I first became a member of when I was a teen and one I played near weekly for four or so years!

• Advertisement

Yeah its good craic.

They could try and clear the sheep and with it the sheep ****e though.

Advertisement