Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who to contact about dangerous junction?

• 01-06-2013 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭

Not far from me there is a junction where traffic from Road A turns into Road B - often when the pedestrian lights are green. (I found out when crossing with the lights in my favour and a car drove across the crossing in front of me.)

It happens fairly often, so much so that I think the following are causes:
    *There seems to be no indication at the lights on Road A that pedestrians are crossing Road B.
    *Timing of the signals.

What's the best way to approach Dublin City Council about this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Any email I've sent to DCC about a roads issue has been dealt with, ranging from within 24 hours when it was some confusing/mislocated signs that could have lead to people getting pulled over for an illegal turn unawares to a few months for a non-safety traffic light timing issue; but nothing has ever been ignored.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,012 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

tawnyowl wrote: »
    Not far from me there is a junction where traffic from Road A turns into Road B - often when the pedestrian lights are green
    I see this all the time at the Drumcondra/Clonliffe Road junction. Most drivers don't seem to understand the difference between a green arrow and a full green light. Some even have the cheek to sound their horn at pedestrians who are legally crossing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,337 ✭✭✭dowlingm

Might help if you videoed it on your phone. Maybe visit your local Councillor's office and try and get his/her Executive Assistant or whatever the title goes by interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

traffic@dublincity.ie giving the exact location.

If you can, include photos. Video if you can keep it to a reasonable size - 5-10MB.
    dowlingm wrote: »
    Might help if you videoed it on your phone. Maybe visit your local Councillor's office and try and get his/her Executive Assistant or whatever the title goes by interested.
    The risk is that the message gets lost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

I see this all the time at the Drumcondra/Clonliffe Road junction. Most drivers don't seem to understand the difference between a green arrow and a full green light. Some even have the cheek to sound their horn at pedestrians who are legally crossing.

An absolute chaotic mess of a junction.

In addition to the situation described by Wishbone Ash,the constant habit of North Bound drivers having exited Clonliffe Road then suddenly stopping for the Red Signal appropriate to Traffic coming from Dorset St is beyond sane explanation.

Totally chaotic and dangerous situation which could be avoided by clearer and more specific Signal Siting.

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭tawnyowl

dowlingm wrote: »
    Victor wrote: »
    traffic@dublincity.ie giving the exact location.

If you can, include photos. Video if you can keep it to a reasonable size - 5-10MB.

The risk is that the message gets lost.

I'm already thinking of that - I have two things in mind:
    *Still photo of lights on Road A showing roughly what drivers might see. (No arrows at all, IIRC.)
    *Video footage of drivers driving across pedestrian crossing, with both pedestrian green light and Road A in view.

Advertisement