Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pyrex carto tanks in ireland?

Options
  • 01-06-2013 6:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭

I may be totally blind, do any of the online shops that sell pyrex carto tanks?

I want to be able to vape ginger ale, cinnamon and orange flavours etc. Which i cannot do with my AGR or JTank.
    The only option i have seen is ordering off IBTanked in America. Or a vaperfexion tank. The vaperfexion with a pyrex tube is too much € for me.

I was contemplating a protank, but dont really like clearos and hate metal drip tips :p

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

I don't like clearo's either but to be fair to the Protank, the Pyrex tank does work well and the flavour seems cleaner than the normal clearo's. The draw is very airy though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Got a couple of pro-tanks here. On one of them, the screws are banjaxed, won't screw onto anything straight. The other is just fine though. They produce a real nice flavour, sure it's an airy draw but doesn't impede the vapour production. I get clouds from the one that does work, with the 1.8 heads. Only thing I don't like about it is that metal tip. It would be great if I could stick my own drip tip on there, but, you get used to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Ionised

Only thing I don't like about it is that metal tip. It would be great if I could stick my own drip tip on there, but, you get used to it.

You can get replacement tanks for the protank that takes any driptip. Not cheap though.

https://www.cigtechs.com/mobile/home.asp?cat=66&#page-27

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭BeansBeans

Sure I might give the Protank a go for the meantime. Assuming it is better than a T3.

I had a big ornate steel drip tip on my AGR before so the whole thing weighed a ton :p I nearly knocked out a tooth while drunk one night. So I have been well put off.
    I did see in Busardos latest video a clever stainless tank that takes the Protank heads and you can stick whatever drip tip you want on it, hopefully it will makes it way over here.

I missed Ionised post obviously. Ya theyre the ones.

BeansBeans wrote: »
    Sure I might give the Protank a go for the meantime. Assuming it is better than a T3.

I had a big ornate steel drip tip on my AGR before so the whole thing weighed a ton :p I nearly knocked out a tooth while drunk one night. So I have been well put off.
    I did see in Busardos latest video a clever stainless tank that takes the Protank heads and you can stick whatever drip tip you want on it, hopefully it will makes it way over here.

I missed Ionised post obviously. Ya theyre the ones.

I agree about the AGR...it's a heavy old beast but does work so well I forgive it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

The problem with the Tatroe tanks are, well, you can only get them from the states it seems, and it's pretty much like using a completely different tank than the pro-tank. You may as well spend on any other SS tank you can fetch from UK at that. The best thing about the pro-tank is the price.

In regards to glass tanks... I did just take delivery of a glass replacement for my Aga T. Just have to vape away the remnants of juice before I swap it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

The. New smok carto tank is Pyrex. Available on TBS and Vaperus.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭heliguyheliguy

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭mrplop

Got a couple of pro-tanks here. On one of them, the screws are banjaxed, won't screw onto anything straight. The other is just fine though. They produce a real nice flavour, sure it's an airy draw but doesn't impede the vapour production. I get clouds from the one that does work, with the 1.8 heads. Only thing I don't like about it is that metal tip. It would be great if I could stick my own drip tip on there, but, you get used to it.

Got less than two months before my Protank died

Threads are made from brass, they basically wear down after a while.
    It's a great tank otherwise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭StickyIcky

quintron wrote: »
    The. New smok carto tank is Pyrex. Available on TBS and Vaperus.

How well does it grip the carto?

I've found all the Smok carto tanks as super slippery and basically need their flanged dual coil cartomisers in order to work the way they're intended.

Soon as someone brings out a cheap (less than 15 euro) carto tank with pyrex that really holds tightly onto the carto (so you don't end up with a lap or pocketful of juice) is going to get all my money.

I'm still on the carto that came with it Sticky. It's a flanged one obviously, so no issues.
    It is a decent tank for the money.
    However, there is some horrible white "SMOK" lettering down one side which you don't see in any online images, but other than that, it is solid and the cheapest glass option that I'm aware of right now.
    I also got one of the new(?) CE2 "cartos" (with the larger hole and wicks inside) but haven't used it yet.
    I have seen some videos or images online where people are putting regular boge XL's in this tank "upsidedown" to alleviate or eliminate the dreaded slip. I have a DCT tank that has slipped before and I consequently got juice everywhere so that's just messy.
    Bottom line; this tank is designed for flanged cartos, and some people will be just fine with that, I suppose. I agree though that a glass tank that can accommodate regular boges would be great. Does anyone make glass for the AGR tanks? If not, that's a missed opportunity.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

quintron wrote: »
    I have seen some videos or images online where people are putting regular boge XL's in this tank "upsidedown" to alleviate or eliminate the dreaded slip. I have a DCT tank that has slipped before and I consequently got juice everywhere so that's just messy.
    Bottom line; this tank is designed for flanged cartos, and some people will be just fine with that, I suppose. I agree though that a glass tank that can accommodate regular boges would be great. Does anyone make glass for the AGR tanks? If not, that's a missed opportunity.

Does a ming drip tip not keep it in place? Worked for me when I used DCTs in the past, don't see why it wouldn't work for this tank.

AGRs are threaded, so glass is a no-go.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Rattleshakes

Have say the silver is the most fcuked up looking tank I've ever seen.The aluminium looks terrible on a SS PV/Mod.Its bright and kinda speckled and kinda gay and...
    It does hold ok but you've still got to be mindful.For me a tank without a locking cap just isn't worth the hassle.

EDIT;Sorry,I didn't see your post quintron.If its working for you that's all that counts.

This is the one I use works perfect with no spillage, I did drill and tap the base for an m3 grub screw.
    IMG_0911.JPG

http://en.finnvape.com/product/504/rapid-tank-stainless-steelglass

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭StickyIcky

Drill and tap the base for an M3 grub screw...

You mean you made a hole with threading so you could screw an m3 grub screw into the whole using an allen key

and the hole purpose of this is to make that carto tank bite down into the mod so it's not going anywhere, right?

If so... that's really smart. That's given me some great inspiration.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

The ming style drip tip does work if its tight in the carto. A wrap of plumbers tape(PTFE tape I think) under the o-rings can tighten it up.

StickyIcky wrote: »
    Drill and tap the base for an M3 grub screw...

You mean you made a hole with threading so you could screw an m3 grub screw into the whole using an allen key

and the hole purpose of this is to make that carto tank bite down into the mod so it's not going anywhere, right?

If so... that's really smart. That's given me some great inspiration.

Yes drill a 2.5mm hole in the base and then thread it with a 3mm tap insert grub screw to secure the carto/killer.
    The hole needs to be drilled on a drill press as there is very little clearance, I suppose it could be done by hand if you're good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

This is the one I use works perfect with no spillage, I did drill and tap the base for an m3 grub screw.
    IMG_0911.JPG

Thats a nice bit of engineering heli !

Agree Rattleshakes, the silver is ugly. I got the black one, and well, yes it's ugly too. It just doesn't look good on anything I put it on, but, it's cheap, it's glass and it works.
    Threads on the AGR. Of course. D'oh.
    Heli, fab idea!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭BeansBeans

The problem with the Tatroe tanks are, well, you can only get them from the states it seems, and it's pretty much like using a completely different tank than the pro-tank. You may as well spend on any other SS tank you can fetch from UK at that. The best thing about the pro-tank is the price.

Well it looks great. But ya, i think its just aiming at a niche of people that dont like to use cartos or RBAs, but want an aluminium tank and/or a replaceable drip tip for the protank. Im a tad bit tempted myself.
    [

I forgot about the rapid tank. Very nice, that looks like a solution. I also assumed for some reason the Siam tanks were €40 plus. As someone else mentioned i would love a pyrex tube for the agr. :o
    Too many shiny bits have appeared lately for vapers. Bestshop got the smoktech Sid, nice ego style coating on it, so me want! well with the 18350 tube.

Advertisement