Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graphics card to run Skylanders

Options
  • 01-06-2013 6:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi
    I am getting Skylanders Spyro Adventures for pc for my Son for his Birthday
    When I go to canyourunit.com it says my graphics card isnt up to it

Can someone recommend what I need, hopefully around the € 50 mark

The specs required to run the programme are
    100% DirectX Compatible 9.0c 512MB 3D Graphics Accelerator - NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT or ATI Radeon HD 3450 series or greater

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

I would recommend buying a second hand card. While the requirements for the game aren't high you won't get anything new that's much good for under €50.

There are other restrictions like power available in the pc and power connections.

What pc is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 JB101

its a barebones I bought from Komplett about 2 years ago with an ABIT motherboard
    Plenty of power supply connections and a big power unit so should be okay there

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

There are specific connections needed for cards and power requirements. There are specific graphics card connections that are either 6 pin or 8 pin.

You can get cards that don't need them though.

Can you take a picture of the label with voltage information on the side or even better find out exactly what model it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

It would be safer to check the motherboard and PSU model first but I would be shocked if a 6570 did not work.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/VTX3D-Graphics-Display-PowerPlay-Technology/dp/B00910ULMW/ref=lh_ni_t?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

Graphically it's a very lightweight game and this is well above the requirements.

Advertisement