Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strictly Come Dancing 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Mister R

Heroditas wrote: »
    I have done ballroom and Latin dancing in the past.
    My wife competes at amateur level and is taught by a friend of ours who is an ex Irish ballroom champion who danced professionally with the likes of James and Ola, Matt Cutler, Kevin etc.
    I wouldn't know as much as my wife or our friend but they have expressed the same sentiments and have been utterly scathing of how the show has degenerated in the last couple of seasons.

Bear in mind that Bruno and Craig have zero ballroom and Latin dancing experience! The only person who really knows what he's talking about is Len but he allows himself to be swayed by the male dancers as long as they're sportsmen or "lads lads"

It's a real pity but the show has dropped in standard in the last few seasons. A lot of the pros are quite poor and do not come from a Latin or ballroom background. Some were dancers on Burn the Floor, hardly ballroom pedigree. It's all about eye candy nowadays and dumbing the show down to ensure it competes against the likes of X Factor.
    At least Ian Waite, Matt Cutler, Karen Hardy, Erin Boag etc are proper dancers.
    Karen Hauer etc simply shouldn't be there.

Rant over for another week! :)

I have to say this series has been pretty dire, the judges have been ridiculous in the marking and criticism and I agree about how its all about looks which is why they are so easy on Ben week in week out.

Yeah Len loves any macho guy who has any type of rhythm at all and then the other 3 usually have the hots for them so it always results in inflated scores.

The show has gone very ITV but I guess it is beating the X Factor so the BBC is happy about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

Have to call shenanagins on this! That sounds totally fabricated. Ola has had the lead role in every single pro dance this year. I'm nearly sick of looking at her. It's never nice if someone is unkind but that "insult" was so wide of the mark it bordered on ironic. Why Ola would be devastated by it?

The BBC have confirmed it's true, and Ola mentioned it on Twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,951 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

bopper wrote: »
    The BBC have confirmed it's true, and Old mentioned it on Twitter.

Ok I stand corrected.Thanks.

Does seem strange though as Ola has been featured very prominently this year in the pro dances.

Ok I stand corrected.Thanks.

Does seem strange though as Ola has been featured very prominently this year in the pro dances.

Well what exactly was said is still hearsay but it's been confirmed Karen had an outburst towards Ola and has since apologised.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Something ive always wondered is who choses the music for the dances. Is it the professionals or production
    Also it must be weird when theu rehearse to the song as its usually a cd, and its slowed right down on the live shows, especially when the women are singing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,485 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Snoopy1 wrote: »
    Something ive always wondered is who choses the music for the dances. Is it the professionals or production
    Also it must be weird when theu rehearse to the song as its usually a cd, and its slowed right down on the live shows, especially when the women are singing.

The professionals used to choose the music but now the producers do.
    As a result we get ridiculous songs such as a Westlife one being chosen for a rumba!

Heroditas wrote: »
    The professionals used to choose the music but now the producers do.
    As a result we get ridiculous songs such as a Westlife one being chosen for a rumba!

Thank you. I thought some of the songs lately didnt suit the dances

This week Fiona and Anton are dancing
    a Paso to Song 2 by Blur
    :eek:

Oh god antons dance this week!!!

@ each other but your driving me mad. That and all the fawning over him and the pouting and the fact your in the dailymail every day is probably why u were in bottom two.
    Also why does zoe wear such high heels when she knows ian is going to make her dance!!!
    Full of rage today

• Advertisement

STOP PRESS: Natalie is out tonight. Fainted twice in rehearsals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

STOP PRESS: Natalie is out tonight. Fainted twice in rehearsals.

No Bruce tonight either.

I presume he's saving his energy for Blackpool Tower next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,324 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

No Bruce tonight either.

I presume he's saving his energy for Blackpool Tower next week.

Thank the Lord for small mercies.

(Bruce, not Natalie, although I'm not sorry she's ruled out either..... she'll just get a bye to next week IIRC)

Will Natalie be able to come back next week? Love Hairy Daves kilt!

Was Ben rehearsing in his knickers :confused: :eek:

Have to say I agree with Craig.....

ETA - jaysus, not to the extent of giving him a 4 though:eek:

Kristina seemed to be limping as she came off. Craig needs to go to Specsavers.

I like Fiona's hair tonight :D

which is nothing to do with anything, really.....

That was all a bit.... safe?

How many double entendres can they fit in one show :eek:

Well, I wasn't expecting that!!!

I must admit to a bit of a groan when I heard Abbey was doing charleston, but by golly they pulled that off in style!

• Advertisement

Lordy.......

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Lordy.......
    Lardy! Lead in the bum indeed. Not great, was it?

hahahaha! Good girl Claudia :D

10's all round for the dress, couldn't concentrate on the dance for watching the swishing!

Some day I want to wear a dress like that!

HB looks like he's wearing tights or something.....

Cannot possibly take this seriously on any level.... the singing is the worst I've EVER heard, and the song I associate with lepping around the place late at night at wedding receptions......

AWFUL :eek:

If that doesn't get rid of him, we may as well just award the glitterball tonight and be done with it :eek:

ETA - ah Darcey... seriously???

They didn't glue Ola's hair down properly tonight :D

That was brilliant! And fast and furious!

Hmmm, not quite as good as I'd have hoped.....

I miss Flavia and Vincent!

Wow! I continue to be wowed by Patrick! If ever there was a dance made for a man......
    Those lifts!!! Wasn't sure how close he came to dropping Anya during some of them, but wow!
    And Darcey.... do try and concentrate, dear!!!

I do love Claudia... can we send a petition to BBC to ditch bruce for her?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,026 ✭✭✭Call me Al

Yes Patrick was fab wasn't he!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,485 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Patrick was very good.
    Dave awful yet again and he got quite snippy when he was criticised. Suck it up!
    Fiona and Ben were over marked, thought the judges were overly critical about Mark's rumba. It wasn't as bad as they made it out to be.
    Thought the rest were all ranked correctly.

Advertisement