Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strictly Come Dancing 2013

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Watching Iveta stomp around in that catsuit was very pleasing indeed........I lost all interest after that!!:P:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

Grid. wrote: »
    Watching Iveta stomp around in that catsuit was very pleasing indeed........I lost all interest after that!!:P:D

I'm a straight female and even I didn't pay much attention to Mark :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

yeah, I wish she'd stop going through my wardrobe! :P

I much prefer Tess / Claudia presentation combo

fair result at the end of the show I think

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

I love Patrick, and every week i think Ben is overmarked, so im glad Patrick got higher. I cant believe Patrick is 50 years old!!
    Claudia and Tess are way better at presenting. Did anybody notice that they didnt really have the silly clips where the contestants go to places etc. It showed more training this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Bagheera

Patrick is brilliant and I like Ashley too. I thought the judges were a bit harsh on Sophie but they marked her fairly in end up. No way should Ben have got 8 from Len, he seems to over mark most people!

It was lovely not having Bruce presenting, I didn't have to fast forward as much as usual :)

• Advertisement

I didnt fast forward anything last night, normallly I fast forward loads

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

I've given up on watching the Saturday show.
    So much of it is repeated on the results show, there's no need.

I don't think the voting public like catsuits on dancers!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,154 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Well, halle-flippin-lujah!

Let the comeptition REALLY begin now :D

Len - really??? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭Heroditas

HeidiHeidi wrote: »

Len - really??? :eek:

That was actually a bit spiteful of him, in my opinion.
    Mark was still miles better than Dave. What a ridiculous thing to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Bagheera

What did Len say? I must have missed that. For once the two weakest dancers were in the bottom two. I like Mark though and he has given some very entertaining performances. I'd rather see him live to fight another week over Fiona.

• Advertisement

Len said if that if the deciding vote had been with him, he'd have voted to keep Dave because Mark had made too many mistakes in the dance-off.
    Even if that was the case, he was still far better than Dave.
    I know Len always has a thing for what he considers to be "real lads" but he was talking utter nonsense tonight.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Tess's outfits are always much better when Bruce isn't around. Hard to believe he would have imput into her wardrobe, but the evidence speaks for itself. :)

Claudia FTW

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Mister R

Len was hypocritical, he criticised Craig for being nit picky with Ben but then he goes and attacks Mark after the dance off. I'm so done with Len, I see some Americans want a whole change to the DWTS judging panel, and to be honest I wouldn't mind the back of him from this too.

A Charleston.... In Blackpool... To Will-i-am.

I'm glad I won't be at home to watch it and will be sinking pints at the Ireland game.
    The producers should be pistol-whipped for such an idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

Heroditas wrote: »
    A Charleston.... In Blackpool... To Will-i-am.

I'm glad I won't be at home to watch it and will be sinking pints at the Ireland game.
    The producers should be pistol-whipped for such an idea.

Some parts of the song in question are actually perfect for a Charleston (It think) so the shortened down version for the dance could actually work well.

Denise and James also scored 39 for their Charleston in Blackpool last year so it's not surprising the producers opted to have another one there this year.

I don't have an issue with the Charleston, it's the music.
    Granted, there's plenty of other appalling musical choices this week.

EDIT: I see the song being used is Bang Bang. Thought it was a different one for some reason. Yep there are a few elements in the song that would fit the Charleston alright. They will really need to speed it up though, it's quite slow and stop/start.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Another beautiful dress for Sophie.
    Anton is too old for the spandex.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,596 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Really really can't take to Natalie she comes across a very smug.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

ABi was great again. Craig too fussy with comments there.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Really really can't take to Natalie she comes across a very smug.
    I agree and I don't think her Charleston deserved that score Sophie should have got that score I think Patrick was brilliant and I like Mark but I think he will be in the dance off with the Bond lady who dances with Anton whose name escapes me, Abbey was good too:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Call me Al

My favourites tonight were Patrick again, the Carmen dance (I thought it was absolutely amazing), and, for the first time yet, Natalie and her funky Charlston.
    I didn't think much of Abi at all and agreed with the 7 Craig awarded her. Her elbows were flapping around all over the place when she was in hold.
    I really loved the choreography of the Paso and the charlston though. I didn't think anything else was in the same league tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Call me Al

What did Bruce say or do that they needed to apologise for?
    I didn't think he needed to bring up the big guys weight as he did though.

Natalie
    "poor me, my poor back, im so exhausted, I keep fainting, but ive had 2 weeks of sympathy so now im gonna get 10's"
    She drives me mad, she is so smug. Constantly complaining

I didnt like her dance an im annoyed she got same marks as Susanne paso. Now I thought that was an excellent dance.

I think fiona and Mark in the dance off

Call me Al wrote: »

I thought that was really rude of Bruce

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

I actually thought the apology was for Bruno saying "that was crap" at one stage, I think in response to something Craig said.

Loved Kevin and Susanna!

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 7,596 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Call me Al wrote: »

I thought Tess apologised for Bruno because he said that's a load of bull.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

TBH, I thought Kevin (from Grimsby:p) was fantastic in the paso!! Loved that he kept it traditional as well.

I enjoyed Abbey's dance; it wasn't the crispest but I could help but smile through it.

Why do a Charleston to Will.I.AM?!?!:mad: Hated Natalie's hair...didn't suit her at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Mister R

I don't think the pros should be blamed for song choices and the themes I think production decide some of that stuff. I know the pros and celeb used to pick music years ago but I don't think so anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,951 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Snoopy1 wrote: »
    Natalie
    "poor me, my poor back, im so exhausted, I keep fainting, but ive had 2 weeks of sympathy so now im gonna get 10's"

You big meanie :p

Sher they were justified complaints,she was genuinely not alright. You couldn't call her a moaner, if anything she's a little overly positive and always seemingly in overly robust form. I kind of like that about her though, she puts a 100% in and enjoys it a 100%. I don't begrude her any of it.
    Unfortunately I really didn't like the dance tonight.

I thought Bruces comments about Marks weight were really poorly judged. I'm sure he meant no harm but it wasn't cool.

Also I thought the judges laughing about Fiona's attempts at the lift were cruel too , it was like an in joke with Anton, "you don't travel light...haha", "you'd need (I can't remember) to get her up there!". It just felt too "lets point and laugh".

Sophie and Susannah were the highlights for me tonight. Sophie was seriously undermarked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

Snoopy1 wrote: »
    Natalie

I didnt like her dance an im annoyed she got same marks as Susanne paso. Now I thought that was an excellent dance.

She was simply describing why she couldn't perform last week, as I'm sure she was told to do. I don't think she complains at all I think her attitude is quite positive.

I wouldn't say that I didn't like her dance but I much preferred Susanna's. Poor Susanna to receive the highest score of the series so far only to have it matched by Natalie ten minutes later!

Advertisement