Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strictly Come Dancing 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,464 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Why are people so sensitive about Bruce's comments about Mark?

The guy is grossly overweight and would make the jive difficult for him (Did you see his strapped knees in training). I don't see anything wrong with Bruce's comments to be honest.

I would be more concerned about Mark's obesity and his poor heart.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,596 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

murpho999 wrote: »

The guy is grossly overweight and would make the jive difficult for him (Did you see his strapped knees in training). I don't see anything wrong with Bruce's comments to be honest.

I agree. How is it any different to when they comment on how the jive is difficult for tall people. There wasn't a lot of jive content in Mark's jive last night simply because he wasn't able to execute the moves properly or for a period of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Call me Al

murpho999 wrote: »

to me it was how he said it. It sounded to me like Mark was to be pitied, sure how could a man of that size possibly be expected to manage a jive.
    We can all see he's a large size, as was the Emmerdale lady last year. She was still a cracking dancer though.

Call me Al wrote: »
    to me it was how he said it. It sounded to me like Mark was to be pitied, sure how could a man of that size possibly be expected to manage a jive.
    We can all see he's a large size, as was the Emmerdale lady last year. She was still a cracking dancer though.

Apart from the last 2 nights, Mark wasn't too bad. Thought he was a bit upset last night at Bruces comments. They were uncalled for, but then again they do go on about age, height etc. Can't take to Natalie. Loved Susannah, Patrick and Abbey. Hope they make up the final!

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Mister R

I'm so sick of Susannah. I can imagine her being a right pain in the arse in reality.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

Mister R wrote: »
    I'm so sick of Susannah. I can imagine her being a right pain in the arse in reality.

I kind of love her. I want to be like her when I grow up.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,151 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

OK, I didn't see the show last night (UPC ARE YOU LISTENING - ANOTHER FAIL :mad:)

But....

I think the Charleston should be exempt from Len's Lens.... I've no doubt that dance was brilliant, but just looked like random, out-of-time jumping around when shown in slo-mo :D

Anyone know a good spot to watch recordings of last night's dances? None seem to be up on YouTube (yet).....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

Yeah, the Charleston looks really weird in slo-mo.

I like Mark, happy to see him stay another week. Soo many mistakes from Fiona in the DO though. She obviously didn't take Bruno's advice and 'focus daaarling'.:)

Keep an eye on YT. The dances should be up soon enough I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Bagheera

Definitely the right result. Mark was much better in the dance off.

On another note, Craig seems to be the only judge who has a clue how to mark appropriately. The other judges hand out 10s willy nilly. A 10 indicates a flawless performance and while Abby, Susannah and Natalie all danced very well, their routines were not absolutely perfect. (Can't remember if anyone else got a 10, they are the three that spring to mind).

• Registered Users Posts: 13,348 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Patrick is an absolute legend in my book. The man has so much rhythm. I hope he goes all the way :)

Susannah, although I do like her, really really needs to lay off the fake tan!! Ronseal called, they want their buckets of 5-year wood stain back! :pac:

It was a close call in the dance-off. Mark danced the jive to the best of his ability, and poor Fiona just makes too many mistakes. It was the correct call. Although when Fiona is mistake free, she can be quite good. I did think she managed to do the lift at the end of the dance a lot better in the dance-off. She also seemed to thoroughly enjoy her time on the show, which was great to see.

I normally only like fairly traditional themed Pasos, but I did like Ashley and Ola's version. And I agree with others that Sophie and Brenden were under-marked compared to the other couples.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Susannah, although I do like her, really really needs to lay off the fake tan!! Ronseal called, they want their buckets of 5-year wood stain back! :pac:

Don't you mean tins? :o:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

Craig: "I preferred Sophie's [Charleston] to be honest." :D

Just said it on ITT.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,554 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I love Craig. He was very funny tonight with his 'whipped' comment :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,951 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

According to Ola on ITT tonight not only is the music chosen for the couples the theme of the dance is too. She said she was told by producers she had to create a western style cowboy passo last week!

That seems like the producers are manipulating things more than we realise. I thought the western passo was a bizarre choice last week and very lack lustre compared to susannahs classic passo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

According to Ola on ITT tonight not only is the music chosen for the couples the theme of the dance is too. She said she was told by producers she had to create a western style cowboy passo last week!

That seems like the producers are manipulating things more than we realise. I thought the western passo was a bizarre choice last week and very lack lustre compared to susannahs classic passo.

I wonder at what point the producers decided to take such control. I've never liked a dance based on the "theme", but I've definitely disliked more than a few (like Mark's space disco Paso Doble!).

I remember Alesha saying when she was a contestant on the show that she sat down with Matthew Cutler (her partner) and they went through a list of her favourite songs. That gives a much more personal touch to each dance and I think it makes them much more interesting to watch.

The producers have been all over the place with their delegation of the dances this series. We're going into week 9 and Ben and Sophie have so far only done three ballroom dances each! And they're both doing Latin yet again this week!

The producers have certain people they'd rather win, on all reality shows hence why they interfere so much.

Its clear that in the past the pros and celebs had more input into the music of the dance than recent seasons.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

The silence on the thread is deafening! I was underwhelmed by last night's show. The judges' comments on Sophie & Brendan's rumba were quite harsh but then they still got a very good score. I'd imagine it's Mark & Iveta with Ben & Kristina in the dance off, with Mark to go. Abbey & Aljaz was the best dance of the night for me.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

I dont like Natalie but I thought her dance was good I didn't think the music and her dance went together,loved Ben and Christina and yeah I'd say Mark is for the chop tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Ive really gone off it this year. Partly its due to Natalie, and partly its due to finding out how much the producers are calling the shots with themes and music etc. I liked it moire when the proffessionals had more say.
    Felt extremely sorry for sophie last night, and i do agree with Brendan.
    I thought a lot of the songs didnt match the dance too.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Bagheera

The judges were very harsh on Sophie as usual, I thought her rumba was beautiful. Susannah really annoys me, her facial expressions were ridiculous during her dance!

I thought mark upped his game a bit but I'd say he's for the chop tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Ben :(

Not impressed with judges

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

efb wrote: »
    Ben :(

He'd be good in a weight lifting competition but his footwork is clumpy and slow. surprised they saved Mark ahead of him though.

Howjoe1 wrote: »
    He'd be good in a weight lifting competition but his footwork is clumpy and slow. surprised they saved Mark ahead of him though.

Mark Barely moved ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 7,596 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Well at least the judges were consistent. In other weeks they have said they were basing the vote on the final dance and Ben just made too many mistakes in the dance off. He had to go.

Aw I'm actually gutted they went tonight, I thought they had another week or two in them yet.

I would have loved to see them do one more ballroom, and still think it was unfair that they only got to do 3 in 9 weeks! Also, I must say I'm impressed that the fact Ben is clinically deaf hardly (if at all??) got brought up as a ploy for sympathy votes.

I'm sure the producers are a bit relieved as they seem to be really pushing for a female winner this year, and I can't imagine any of the guys left have the same level of public support that Ben did despite being good dancers.

Hot guy goes and the fat guy stays and the world is outraged despite it being the right decision. More proof if it was needed that the world is shallow.

Kristina is a sore loser every year, apparently she is annoyed by "favouritism" and loved how she commented how Ben never danced before and how amazing that was, when she was with Jason Donovan I'm sure she wasn't moaning about his previous experience. She seriously annoys me.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,151 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Just caught up with this now - delighted with the result.

Much as I'll miss looking at the gorgeous Ben every week, I find Kristina intesely annoying (Ben consoling her when they were up for the dance-off ffs :confused:) and I really thought Mark got a rough deal with his foxtrot tune - I think he'd have done a whole pile better to a traditional Sinatra croon.

And as much as Kristina annoys me, I'm loving Iveta more and more every week - she's hands down my favourite pro at this stage.

Patrick and Chitty Chitty Bang Bang - bring it on!!! Love that tune. Normally I hate the themed shows, but I cannot WAIT for musicals week!

I love Iveta too, she's also a former 10 dance world champ so is one of pros with the most pedigree compared to some of the others like Janette who've zero pedigree competition wise.

• Advertisement

Mister R wrote: »
    Hot guy goes and the fat guy stays and the world is outraged despite it being the right decision. More proof if it was needed that the world is shallow.

Well unless you're from another planet that must mean you are shallow and outraged that Ben is gone.

Of course that would be making the brass assumption that someone can only be a Ben fan based on him being "hot" (which is surely a matter of opinion), that someone not being a Mark fan is because of his weight, that someone can't be a fan of both Ben and Mark, and that a slight disappointment over a reality tv result actually equals outrage.

Advertisement