Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strictly Come Dancing 2013

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

casio4 wrote: »
    John Barrowman is very annoying and has gone all American, his accent is ridiculous on his new game show, he will never be the host of Strictly

I wouldn't want him hosting Strictly myself - but, alas, we can't say never.

Vernon Kay is even more annoying, though, and his accent is at least as ridiculous as John's. And it's quite likely that hosting Strictly alongside his wife would elevate him to super-unbearable. But, again, we can't say never...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Vernon Kay is even more annoying, though, and his accent is at least as ridiculous as John's. And it's quite likely that hosting Strictly alongside his wife would elevate him to super-unbearable. But, again, we can't say never...
    I don't think Vernon will ever present it with Tess, this is her gig and I don't think she will ever forgive him for the sex texts he was doing a while ago. They look a great couple and they started out as models but she has surpassed him in her career:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

Mister R wrote: »
    All TV presenters have a window of popularity, Ulrika Jonsson, Davina McCall, Brian Conley, Melanie Sykes, Denise Van Outen, Patrick Kielty etc. all had periods of massive popularity only to eventually become kind of washed up. Thats showbiz. Unless of course you're an old white man at the BBC then you last forever on TV it seems.

None of those ever reached the same the same level of popularity Bruce has in his career. Plus they all gained a huge following on the basis of one show - Big Brother for Davina, The Big Breakfast for Denise, Gladiators for Ulrika, for Patrick eh.....Fame Academy? Celebrity Love Island? I really don't think he was ever "massively" popular, neither were the other two.

Bruce on the other hand is associated with a number of successful shows - Play Your Cards Right, Generation Game, Price is Right etc. That really says something about his level of popularity. He definitely seems to have some kind of midas touch so it's no surprise the BBC wants to hang on to him. If they thought he was doing some kind of damage to the show I don't think they'd hesitate for a second in getting rid of him. They didn't think twice about getting rid of Arlene based on the response of focus groups naming her as the least popular judge. Bruce is obviously not everyone's cup of tea but there is still clearly an big audience out there that he appeals to.

Out of all those continuously named as Bruce's potential replacement I would think that Anton, Paul O' Grady or Graham Norton are the most likely candidates. I doubt they'd hire someone younger than Tess.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,079 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I wouldn't mind Alexander Armstrong or Julian Clary as co presenter with Tess :P

• Advertisement

bopper wrote: »
    Out of all those continuously named as Bruce's potential replacement I would think that Anton, Paul O' Grady or Graham Norton are the most likely candidates. I doubt they'd hire someone younger than Tess.
    JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind Alexander Armstrong or Julian Clary as co presenter with Tess :P

Xander is a year younger than Tess... :D;)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Claudia is the best replacement for him. It's a question of whether the BBC is too staid to give a prime time presenting slot to two women. They wouldn't think twice about giving it to two men. Look at the baffling appeal of Ant and Dec.

Genealogy Forum Mod

pinkypinky wrote: »
    Claudia is the best replacement for him. It's a question of whether the BBC is too staid to give a prime time presenting slot to two women. They wouldn't think twice about giving it to two men. Look at the baffling appeal of Ant and Dec.

I think Ant and Dec are quite good, actually... :o:);)

And they were perfect for Friends Like These, which aired in the slot more or less occupied by Strictly today.

Assuming that the Beeb weren't willing to replace Bruce with another senior man, then I have to agree, Claudia would be the best replacement for him.

We could suggest all the younger male presenters in the world, and no doubt a fair few of them would do a decent job.

But very few of them would know this show like the backs of their hands, as Claudia undoubtedly does. And very few of them would possess wit and sparkle in seemingly endless quantities, as she does. And very, very few would have both of these qualities, as, well, she does...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

I think Ant and Dec are quite good, actually... :o:);)

And they were perfect for Friends Like These, which aired in the slot more or less occupied by Strictly today.

Assuming that the Beeb weren't willing to replace Bruce with another senior man, then I have to agree, Claudia would be the best replacement for him.

We could suggest all the younger male presenters in the world, and no doubt a fair few of them would do a decent job.

But very few of them would know this show like the backs of their hands, as Claudia undoubtedly does. And very few of them would possess wit and sparkle in seemingly endless quantities, as she does. And very, very few would have both of these qualities, as, well, she does...

Tess does better when she's doing the Bruce role and doesn't have to improvise with the contestants, but if we could have Claudia with somebody else, I'd be happiest.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Patrick is doing the rhumba this week.
    Thats him in the dance off :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Snoopy1 wrote: »

It looked good in training.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,348 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

why would you say that??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

Bizarre music choice for Susannah and Kevin. Dance was great, but the music destroyed the atmosphere.

Bit behind so just seen Ashleys dance
    Tess dress is way shorter than normal!
    Why the glass of wAter for asley?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

bit of a mixed bag tonight.

All of this year weve been complaining about the music. Whats going on with the producers? Are they deliberately chosing bad music for their non favourites

• Registered Users Posts: 28,464 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

That swingathon was built up really big but was over very quick and did not really work on TV imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Mister R

All of this year weve been complaining about the music. Whats going on with the producers? Are they deliberately chosing bad music for their non favourites

This is the first week Susanna got dodgy music, she is a producer fave if anything. Her paso and Ashley's were the same week and his was wild west themed and her's was traditional so she can't moan. She was also first out in the swingathon at this point in the show she is bottom 2 material.

In terms of the swingathon is was rather lame, its difficult to keep up on TV and the whole thing looked kinda messy, Natalie did seem the most consistent of them so deserved win for her.

If anything I reckon my girl Abbey is in danger cause I still don't feel she is raking in the votes. Wouldn't mind seeing the back of either Sophie or Susanna preferably the latter.

Wow Susanna with the two lowest scores. I was sure she was gonna win this but now it seems pretty open again.

murpho999 wrote: »
    That swingathon was built up really big but was over very quick and did not really work on TV imho.

This is the way it works out every year. It always looks brutal on TV.

• Advertisement

Why the glass of wAter for asley?

He always gets a really dry mouth after each performance, so I suppose it makes sense for him to get some water asap after the dance!

You didn't have to worry about Patrick's rhumba. It was class!

Did anyone else think that Natalie got a really rough deal off Len. I know he wasn't happy with Artem's choreography (again), but telling Natalie that she has to pull her socks up was a bit out of order IMO.

He always gets a really dry mouth after each performance, so I suppose it makes sense for him to get some water asap after the dance!

You didn't have to worry about Patrick's rhumba. It was class!

yea thank god, thought he did a really good job, and he said in the week he hated the song.
    Now i am a Natalie hater, so i do agree with Len, that there isnt enough dance content in a lot of her dances.
    I just think the producers are chosing weird songs sometimes for the dances. I did prefer it when the proffessionals chose the music.
    Brendans's choregraphy was amazing again.
    I was naughty, and found out who went :D

I'm absolutely disgusted with the public vote. Susanna & Kevin were bottom of the judges leaderboard, but for the viewers to give them the most votes ahead of everyone else is complete bulls**t.

And also, Patrick must have got either the lowest or second lowest amount of viewers votes, which is ridiculous as well. He's one of the best male celebs ever on the show!

And also, Patrick must have got either the lowest or second lowest amount of viewers votes, which is ridiculous as well. He's one of the best male celebs ever on the show!

He had to have finished bottom with the public vote and Susanna was obviously in the top two.

Can't say I'm sad to see Ashley and Ola go though. They were technically good but I never found them interesting to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,470 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Two things stood out from this weekend:

1. Susanna has the popular vote. If she gets through next week, she'll win the final

2. They're going to have to seriously over-mark Patrick next week if they want a bloke in the final.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

I thought poor Darcey was going to cry when she was choosing Patrick to stay. I like Patrick. I think he's a fabulous dancer to watch, but clearly the British public don't.

Happy Ola and Ashley are gone. I have never warmed to Ola and I really don't like her husband at all.

I would love Patrick to win but I can't see it happening. Out of the girls, Sophie is probably my favourite.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Mister R

Susanna is a lock for F2 I reckon, if she wins I'm done with this show, obviously the demographic and tastes of the average viewer is nothing at all like mine.

• Advertisement

Heroditas wrote: »
    2. They're going to have to seriously over-mark Patrick next week if they want a bloke in the final.

I think an all female final is what the producers are hoping for.

Advertisement