Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strictly Come Dancing 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Mister R

Yeah I think they kind of wanted that from the start. I reckon they're hoping for one of their own (Susanna) to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

Mister R wrote: »
    I reckon they're hoping for one of their own (Susanna) to win.

It certainly looks like it.

I do like her partner Kevin however. He seems like a nice guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,903 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Pang wrote: »

I would love Patrick to win but I can't see it happening. Out of the girls, Sophie is probably my favourite.

Also love Patrick dancing, think he has really puts his heart and soul into each dance and it really shows. Would love him to be in the final, would make my Christmas :)

Anyone else think Len was a bit harsh in what he said when Tess asked who would have chosen to stay?

Len was in a pissy mood all evening, and I don't know why the jet lag is over since DWTS finished you'd think he'd be happy he isn't flying over and back to LA every week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

Yep. Len went on way too much, to the extent that he made poor Patrick feel bad.

He's been a right old whinger later.

Maybe time to put him out to grass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,466 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Anyone else think Len was a bit harsh in what he said when Tess asked who would have chosen to stay?

He was right in what he was saying.
    It was a fundamental flaw in Patrick's dance.

In the US there were rumours of judges getting the axe at DWTS but I don't think that came to anything, although wouldn't be shocked if it happened for Sept. 2013.

Doubt the BBC would switch up the judges again although I feel they should, Bruno is particularly useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

Heroditas wrote: »

Still he could have simply said who he would have saved and the reason why in the same tone as all the other judges. He doesn't have to be so aggressive and go on as much he does sometimes. Patrick was top of the leader board but Len was pretty much telling him he doesn't deserve to still be in the competition.

Len did the same a few weeks back with Mark and Iveta, laid into them. So maybe producers like him to make a fuss occasionally.

Fair point, but I think it was mainly the way it came across, it was very aggressive and dismissive of Patrick in general IMO.

• Advertisement

how come the other 3 geniuses didn't notice:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 35,902 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Why was Bruce forsyth not on show this week ?

Howjoe1 wrote: »
    how come the other 3 geniuses didn't notice:rolleyes:

Bruno and Craig are not ballroom or Latin dancers. Many of their comments, despite being on the show for years, border on the nonsensical.
    Darcey is a ballerina.
    It's an entertainment show nowadays, a million miles from the old Come Dancing where it was all based on pure technical ability. Most people want to be entertained and aren't too fussed about the technicalities of Ballroom or Latin dancing and the minutiae of the steps.
    People like hearing "you really put 100% into that" instead of "you led with your heel" or "your kick ball changes were poor"

Fair point, but I think it was mainly the way it came across, it was very aggressive and dismissive of Patrick in general IMO.

I agree. I think he was just in a ratty mood and thought Ashley might have stayed if it hadn't been for the aborted lift at the end.
    Hard to tell with him sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

Annoyed by that!!! Can't believe Susanna is still in it. I thought she was poor this week and last week. Really don't want her to win. For some reason, I can't warm to her.

She has to go next week. The other dancers are much better than her! I do like Kevin though!:)

2 dances next week!!! Eeeeepp!:D

Patrick was a better dancer than Ashley so I gather that's another reason why the other three judges chose him.

I thought Len went a bit OTT.

Bruno and Craig are not ballroom or Latin dancers. Many of their comments, despite being on the show for years, border on the nonsensical.
    Darcey is a ballerina.
    It's an entertainment show nowadays, a million miles from the old Come Dancing where it was all based on pure technical ability. Most people want to be entertained and aren't too fussed about the technicalities of Ballroom or Latin dancing and the minutiae of the steps.
    People like hearing "you really put 100% into that" instead of "you led with your heel" or "your kick ball changes were poor"

Agree, but was Ashley better? didn't think so myself. he's been middle of the road throughout. never the best but never the worst. Patrick, despite errors I thought deserved it. or at least not to be attacked so verbally in what as you have stated is now just an entertainment show.

Why was Bruce forsyth not on show this week ?

They let him take weeks off every now and again, despite his several hundred thousand pound tax payer funded salary.

Howjoe1 wrote: »
    Agree, but was Ashley better? didn't think so myself. he's been middle of the road throughout. never the best but never the worst. Patrick, despite errors I thought deserved it. or at least not to be attacked so verbally in what as you have stated is now just an entertainment show.

Over the course of the series, Patrick has definitely been better.
    I think we just have to put this down to Len being a narky old git tonight.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Glad Patrick got through....would like to see him win it now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

How does it work this week. Does one person go leaving 4 for the final, or does 2 people go?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,346 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Snoopy1 wrote: »
    How does it work this week. Does one person go leaving 4 for the final, or does 2 people go?

There were 4 in the final last year if I remember correctly so I presume it's the same this year.

It was four last year and each couple danced two dances each, then one couple were eliminated. The other three couples then danced again.

I was delighted Louis won last year. Come on Patrick this year or Sophie!

I was kind of hoping for a double this week. Damn the 4 person finale.

For some reason i thought it was going to be a 2 person final. Thats how it happened a few years ago isnt it, or am i just completey losing my mind :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

There was a 2 person final a couple if times. Once because Jimmy Tarbuck dropped out. There would have been another the year Tom Chambers won, because of John Sargent but they messed up the voting in the semi final and all three had to be put through.

God, I'm such a Strictly nerd.

I think they have an extra person in hand so if someone withdraws it means there is at least 3 in the final to avoid the 2 person finals of before.

Please please please make my christmas and let Patrick be in the Final...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

I thought Abby looked upset at the start of the show.

• Advertisement

Please please please make my christmas and let Patrick be in the Final...

Would make my Christmas too

Advertisement