Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strictly Come Dancing 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Sophie and Abbey are my favorites now.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Addle wrote: »
    Sophie and Abbey are my favorites now.

same here and I also like Patrick but the judges like Natalie so they will want here kept in I just can't warm to her at all

• Registered Users Posts: 7,951 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Thought Sophie, Abbey and Natalie were superb tonight. I hope Patrick or Suzannah gets the chop, preferably Patrick. He didn't even try in the Passo tonight, he just walked around and presented Anya. The annoying thing is that so often he's proved that he has more to give when he makes a proper effort, but he holds back too much for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,403 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I nearly fell off my chair laughing when Craig said that Bruno is on 'the turn' after his comments about Abbey :D:D

As long as Abbey & Natalie reach the final I'll be happy. Those two are the best dancers and have very little weaknesses.

And I'd like Brendan to make the final because his choreography is amazing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,478 ✭✭✭Heroditas

More inconsistent marking again tonight.
    Looks like the judges are rowing in behind Susannah. She was criminally over-marked for her first dance. Her salsa was ok, just ok.
    Patrick wasn't great, particularly the Paso. Just marched his way through it.
    Abbie - crazy marking for her Samba. She certainly was not as good as they made her out to be. Square hips and awful feet. Shudder.
    Thought they were overly harsh on Sophie for her second dance, particularly when you compare the marks to some of the other dances this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

I thought Sophie's paso was great! Loved the beginning of it especially. Didn't have enough Spanish influence imo but thought it deserved more than 35.

I've really warmed to Abbey in the past few weeks!:)

Latin really shows up Susanna's weaknesses. All the other dancers can do ballroom and Latin very well but she falters at the Latin. Her facial expressions annoy the crap outta me!!:o

Sophie or Abbey for the win.

I was bold and looked up the spoiler. It was either that or have my dad asking "Who's gone? Look it up now!! Coommee oooonnnn!!!!" until tomorrow night!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

casio4 wrote: »
    same here and I also like Patrick but the judges like Natalie so they will want here kept in I just can't warm to her at all

You realise it's a dance contest and not a personality one.
    I don't get the dislike for Natlalie on this thread.

And I'd like Brendan to make the final because his choreography is amazing.

I'm liking Brendan a lot more this year.

Is Susannah popular or is Kevin from Grimsby doing her a lot of good?

Addle wrote: »
    I'm liking Brendan a lot more this year.

Is Susannah popular or is Kevin from Grimsby doing her a lot of good?

I'd say she's very popular. The BBC Breakfast TV contestants always seem to have a very loyal fan base.
    However, Kevin certainly isn't doing her any harm. His choreography is excellent and he also comes across as a really nice down-to-earth guy.

• Advertisement

I'm not a fan of the show dance at all.
    It's more acrobatic than dance.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭elleelle19

I am not Natalies biggest fan but what that actual f*ck? Was sure it would be Susannah and Patrick in the dance off and Susannah would go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

Not impressed with this DO at all!!! :mad::mad::mad:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Natalie & Patrick in the dance off???????:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭elleelle19

Well no big surprise there. I typed this before it even finished. Patrick had no chance.

Abbey for the Win :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

Heroditas wrote: »
    I'd say she's very popular. The BBC Breakfast TV contestants always seem to have a very loyal fan base.
    However, Kevin certainly isn't doing her any harm. His choreography is excellent and he also comes across as a really nice down-to-earth guy.

Whatever it is, I have money on her to win so I'm rooting for her...

Although I think Natalie and Abbey are better dancers, and I really like Sophie. So I'll be happy, whoever wins. Just richer if it's Susanna. :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Awww.. no more Patrick:( Natalie's dance was excellent in fairness though;)

I think it's between her and Abbey now.

Grid. wrote: »
    Awww.. no more Patrick:( Natalie's dance was excellent in fairness though;)

I think it's between her and Abbey now.

Natalie was joint top of the leaderboard and still ended up in the dance-off.
    The final is purely based on the public vote so there is no way on earth that Natalie will win it.
    Susanna is the hot favourite to win it now, Abbie and Sophie have an outside chance.

EDIT: hated the self-indulgent nonsense imposed on us by Artem and Aliona.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Susanna has a massive public vote - she's not the best dancer left but she's got a really strong chance of winning anyway. I loved Patrick & Anya - they were great but the judges would never have picked anyone against Nat & Artem.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Natalie is streets ahead of the other dancers. Funnily enough, I don't think she's improved that much over the course of the series.
    Anyway, despite that, she won't win. Looks like she doesn't have the popular vote.
    Chalk down another win for the BBC Breakfast Team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

Susanna has this. I'll be shocked if she doesn't win it.

I'm still rooting for Sophie as I think she's the most likable.

Sad that Patrick has gone but he hadn't a hope in the dance off against Natalie as the judges love her. Also did anyone notice Tess didn't ask Len did he agree with the other judges?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Shocking result.

These shows are a poor advertisement for democracy.

It's a popularity contest that leads to a good dancer going out and a potential winner in the dance off.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Well the producors got what they wanted a woman winner.
    Havnt been into strictly as much this year and im really not bothered about the final now.
    As long as Natalie doesnt win

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO to the British public :(
    I'll be amazed if Susannah doesn't win it. She has pretty much all the public vote, yet she is the weakest dancer left by far.

I'm glad Natalie, Abbey and Sophie have made the final. Patrick was one of my favourites, he's such a great dancer.

I have to say I really went off Suzannah tonight. She was very triumphalist about not ending up in the dance off. Other weeks couple who escaped managed to be sensitive but ole Suzy couldn't contain her glee. She has to know she is streets behind the others and I thought she'd be a little more low key in her delight seeing a better dancer was leaving over her.Zero shame!

I thought Natalie being in the dance off was ridiculous, her dances were brilliant last night. Abbey or Natalie should win, Abbey probably barely shades it because she's come on so far over the weeks.

Oh and Sophies Passo, it was sublime! I loved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO to the British public :(
    I'll be amazed if Susannah doesn't win it. She has pretty much all the public vote, yet she is the weakest dancer left by far.

You'd be surprised how many people vote in the final who haven't voted previously. Denise Van Outen seemed to fall under the same curse as Natalie by being deemed smug/too good etc. and finished bottom two at the semis. She beat Dani Harmer though in the final who had never been in the bottom two previous. If rumours are to be believed (although nothing has ever been confirmed) she beat Kimberley Walsh too and finished 2nd overall despite it being considered a sure thing that she would place 4th.

Plus Sophie has never been in the bottom two either so obviously she's popular with voters too. Although I'd definitely be putting my money on Susanna I wouldn't be surprised if she was pipped to the title at the final hurdle. The showdances are always crucial and usually swing a few undecided voters.

I think when it comes to the final, the most deserving on the night usually wins.

I thought Natalie being in the dance off was ridiculous, her dances were brilliant last night. Abbey or Natalie should win, Abbey probably barely shades it because she's come on so far over the weeks.

Abbey's ballroom dancing is excellent. Her Latin on the other hand is nowhere near as good.
    It's very tough to be good at both. A lot will depend on your body shape, particularly depending on when you start dancing. It sounds a cliche at this stage but typically shorter people are good at Latin and taller people good at ballroom.
    Of course, many pros are excellent at both, e.g. Matthew Cutler, Ian Waite, Brendan Cole etc...

Heroditas wrote: »
    Abbey's ballroom dancing is excellent. Her Latin on the other hand is nowhere near as good.
    It's very tough to be good at both. A lot will depend on your body shape, particularly depending on when you start dancing. It sounds a cliche at this stage but typically shorter people are good at Latin and taller people good at ballroom.
    Of course, many pros are excellent at both, e.g. Matthew Cutler, Ian Waite, Brendan Cole etc...

Abbey got 40 for her Salsa though, and I thought her Samba last night was probably the most enjoyable Samba I've ever seen. I used to hate it .I think she's come full circle and she's getting pretty good at both. :)

• Advertisement

Abbey got 40 for her Salsa though, and I thought her Samba last night was probably the most enjoyable Samba I've ever seen. I used to hate it .I think she's come full circle and she's getting pretty good at both. :)

That's the thing though. She was disgracefully over-marked for both those dances.
    For example, Natalie's salsa was far better yet it didn't get a 40.
    Abbey's Samba last night was technically quite poor for such an advanced stage of a competition. Square hips and her feet were placed awfully at times.
    Don't get me wrong, she's a good dancer but she's not as good as the judges are making her out to be.

Advertisement