Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strictly Come Dancing 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,403 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Abbey now holds the record for the highest scored samba, 39 out of 40 (it's one of the few dances that no one has ever got a perfect score. Pop Quiz: can anyone name another dance? :) )

Anyway, I thought she was very slightly over-marked, there wasn't enough bounce for my liking (Craig said it as well :) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

Abbey now holds the record for the highest scored samba, 39 out of 40 (it's one of the few dances that no one has ever got a perfect score. Pop Quiz: can anyone name another dance? :) )

Anyway, I thought she was very slightly over-marked, there wasn't enough bounce for my liking (Craig said it as well :) )

I'm guessing... rhumba?

vitani wrote: »
    I'm guessing... rhumba?

yep!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Did Rachel & Vincent not get a 40 for their rumba?

Genealogy Forum Mod

pinkypinky wrote: »
    Did Rachel & Vincent not get a 40 for their rumba?

Well worth a watch. It's nearly almost NSFW :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭maryfred

Would love Abbey to win,I think she has such grace and elegance and she has improved the most out of all of them.Sophie makes me laugh,cos she's like a new born foal sometimes who'se just discovered these long limbs and doesn't quite know what to do with them.sussana,do not like.i think she's very smug and to be honest,she's not even that good a dancer,Kevin makes her look good and she seems to want to distract everyone with these stupid faces she pulls!Natalie,i really am not a fan of.it's so obvious that she has had a lot of dance training in the past, but IMHO, Abbey has surpassed her as a dancer,Natalie seems to be the same standard each week.so would love Abbey to win,think sussana possibly could.not enjoying the show much this year.both Bruce and Tess seem so stilted and wooden,Tess is so reliant on her cue cards this year.would love Claudia and Zoe to take over.Anyway that's my tuppence worth,just realised that it's quite a long post so that is all!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

I always liked watching them improve in their dancing. For me, Abbey has improved the most and I'd love to see her win it. Natalie has been tops from the beginning, beautiful dancer but no real change. Would hate to see her finish 4th though!! Can't stand Susanna's facial expressions. I cringe everything she does Latin...not her thing! She's bottom of the four finalists and I think it would be a shame if she won it.

Ooooh, Claudia and Zoe hosting...that would be interesting.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

why is that woman susanna still in it - I find her boring compared to the other three.

I would like to see natalie win - I think she's the classiest dancer out of the other three. That dance at the weekend was fabulous - couldn't believe she was in the bottom two.

Don't know what the hype is about aby- yes she's a good dancer but nothing outstanding compared to natalie

Dances for the final are below. All four couples dance the Judges' Choice and Showdance. Then one couple will be eliminated. Then the three remaining couples dance their favourite dance.

Abbey and Aljaz:
    • Judges’ Choice: The Waltz to “Kissing You” by Des’ree
    • Showdance: “Sweet Child of Mine” by Guns N Roses
    • Couples’ Favourite: The Quickstep to “Walking On Sunshine” by Katrina and the Waves
    Natalie and Artem:
    • Judges’ Choice: The Cha Cha to Boney M’s “Rasputin”
    • Showdance: “Steppin’ Out with My Baby” by Christina Aguilera and Tony Bennett
    • Couples’ Favourite: American Smooth to Jennifer Hudson’s “And I’m Telling You, I’m Not Going”
    Sophie and Brendan:
    • Judges’ Choice: Viennese Waltz to “My Favourite Things” by Julie Andrews
    • Showdance: “I Wanna Dance with Somebody” by Whitney Houston
    • Couples’ Favourite: The Charleston to “Rock It For Me” by Caravan Palace
    Susanna and Kevin:
    • Judges’ Choice: The Quickstep to Tommy Steele’s “Good Morning”
    • Showdance: “Your Song” by Ewan MacGregor
    • Couples’ Favourite: The Paso Doble to Carmen’s “Los Toreadors”

I reaaaalllllly hope Sophie & Brendan get to dance their Charleston! It'll be great! I also really like their Viennese Waltz from Musical week :)
    It's rare that we will to get to see a Cha-Cha performed so late in the competition, and by a very good couple, so Natalie & Artem's performance should be exciting.
    Although I'm not a big fan of Susanna anymore, I would like to her Paso Doble again, it was immense. She struggled with the Quickstep first time round, so it'll be interesting to see how she gets on in the final with it.

Abbey & Aljaz are performing the Waltz as picked by the Judges..... great opportunity to get a 40 there. I think their Showdance is a mixture of Paso and Tango, I'm expecting big things! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

why is that woman susanna still in it - I find her boring compared to the other three.

I would like to see natalie win - I think she's the classiest dancer out of the other three. That dance at the weekend was fabulous - couldn't believe she was in the bottom two.

Don't know what the hype is about aby- yes she's a good dancer but nothing outstanding compared to natalie

You're not forgetting that this is a popularity contest as well as a dancing one, are you? :o:o:D:);)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,026 ✭✭✭Call me Al

Dances for the final are below. All four couples dance the Judges' Choice and Showdance. Then one couple will be eliminated. Then the three remaining couples dance their favourite dance.

Abbey and Aljaz:
    • Couples’ Favourite: The Quickstep to “Walking On Sunshine” by Katrina and the Waves
    Natalie and Artem:
    • Couples’ Favourite: American Smooth to Jennifer Hudson’s “And I’m Telling You, I’m Not Going”
    Sophie and Brendan:
    Susanna and Kevin:

I reaaaalllllly hope Sophie & Brendan get to dance their Charleston! It'll be great! I also really like their Viennese Waltz from Musical week :)
    It's rare that we will to get to see a Cha-Cha performed so late in the competition, and by a very good couple, so Natalie & Artem's performance should be exciting.
    Although I'm not a big fan of Susanna anymore, I would like to her Paso Doble again, it was immense. She struggled with the Quickstep first time round, so it'll be interesting to see how she gets on in the final with it.

Abbey & Aljaz are performing the Waltz as picked by the Judges..... great opportunity to get a 40 there. I think their Showdance is a mixture of Paso and Tango, I'm expecting big things! :D

Thank you for posting.

Of that lot I am really looking forward to seeing Susannah and Kevin's Paso. I know much of the rest of her dancing leaves a lot to be desired but that has been one of my favourite dances ever from strictly.
    Abby got great marks for her quick step but I thought her arms and hands were all over the place. And will she ever keep her mouth closed when she's dancing!

Abbey and Aljaz:
    Natalie and Artem:
    Sophie and Brendan:
    Susanna and Kevin:

And, courtesy of BBC entertainment correspondent Tim Masters, here's what the ladies have to say ahead of tomorrow night:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-25449276

Notice that Tim has made sure to include a positive comment from each of the judges. :D;)

And notice too that he says that William Hill make Susanna 6/5 to win.

Paddy Power and Coral do the same, while Ladbrokes are offering even shorter odds, 11/10.

Abbey is around 9/4, and Sophie around 7/2. And Natalie is around 10/1 - another indication that it's not just about how well you can dance, it's about how popular you are with the public as well... :o:D:);)

I'm hoping that the public come to their senses and vote Susanna off tomorrow! If only Ireland could vote.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,951 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

RosyLily wrote: »
    I'm hoping that the public come to their senses and vote Susanna off tomorrow! If only Ireland could vote.:(

If you have unblockus or a vpn for netflix you can vote online from Ireland.

I totally agree Rosylily. It would be a travesty for Susanna to win.

It takes two was not shown in Ireland today which was a shame. I watched it online and it was quite good. Everyone but Sophie was very emotional and openly crying watching vids of their families and friends. Only Natalie did not have any family on the video, it was just her friends, I felt sorry for her. She seemed very grateful for the experience and didnt mind about winning, there was something very sad about her though.

If you have unblockus or a vpn for netflix you can vote online from Ireland.

I totally agree Rosylily. It would be a travesty for Susanna to win.

It takes two was not shown in Ireland today which was a shame. I watched it online and it was quite good. Everyone but Sophie was very emotional and openly crying watching vids of their families and friends. Only Natalie did not have any family on the video, it was just her friends, I felt sorry for her. She seemed very grateful for the experience and didnt mind about winning, there was something very sad about her though.

How come It Takes Two wasn't shown in Ireland? I have it series-linked to record on UPC, and I was wondering what went wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,478 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Susanna is now Evens on Paddy Power and Abbie is 2/1.
    Easy money.

I always liked the last episode of ITT.:( Damn you BBC Northern Ireland!!!

I really hope Natalie isn't voted off first tonight in lieu of Susanna. Nat is one of the best dancers they've had on the show. She's not my personal favourite but it would be such a shame if she finished 4th!! Hopefully, she's another Denise VO case- not the public fave but still wasn't voted off first in the final.

Late surge of bets on Abbey!! Come on Team Abbejaz!!!:D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

ITT is being shown this evening at 1725 according to my EPG.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Let's take one last look at what the bookies are offering, then:

Paddy Power: Susanna 5/6, Abbey 2/1, Sophie 7/2, Natalie 10/1
    Ladbrokes: Susanna 4/5, Abbey 5/2, Sophie 5/1, Natalie 10/1
    William Hill: Susanna 8/11, Abbey 5/2, Sophie 9/2, Natalie 12/1
    Coral: Susanna 8/11, Abbey 11/4, Sophie 9/2, Natalie 14/1

So Ms Reid is now odds-on to make it three wins for BBC Breakfast, following on from Natasha Kaplinsky and Chris Hollins...

However, Bopper made a good comment last week:
    bopper wrote: »
    You'd be surprised how many people vote in the final who haven't voted previously. Denise Van Outen seemed to fall under the same curse as Natalie by being deemed smug/too good etc. and finished bottom two at the semis. She beat Dani Harmer though in the final who had never been in the bottom two previous. If rumours are to be believed (although nothing has ever been confirmed) she beat Kimberley Walsh too and finished 2nd overall despite it being considered a sure thing that she would place 4th.

Plus Sophie has never been in the bottom two either so obviously she's popular with voters too. Although I'd definitely be putting my money on Susanna I wouldn't be surprised if she was pipped to the title at the final hurdle. The showdances are always crucial and usually swing a few undecided voters.

So for anyone who still thinks that Susanna has this in the bag, stop. :D:)

And don't take the above odds too seriously, either. They're just a guide, after all. :D:);)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

I'll be cheering for Abbey to win, Sophie second, don't care who is third.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Is it just my perception or does there appear to be a heavy promotion of Suzanna's dance partner from the hosts. It seems that him & Suzanna get a lot more love than the others.

Is it just my perception or does there appear to be a heavy promotion of Suzanna's dance partner from the hosts. It seems that him & Suzanna get a lot more love than the others.

Well, what do you expect? Susanna's a BBC personality...

That was a beautiful dance from Abby. So pretty and very romantic. Best of the two so far imo.

Didn't think much of Susanna's show dance. All that smoke you couldn't see her feet.

What a Paso for a show dance. B-)

I'll be very surprised if she doesnt clean up the votes after that performance.

Great show dance from Abbey. She certainly is the most improved over the series. Any justice she should win.

Not a fan of Natalie but show dance was brilliant. Great choreography from Artem.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Not a fan of Natalie but show dance was brilliant. Great choreography from Artem.

Only show dance that didn't disappoint.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

Thought the show dances in general were very disappointing. I have no love for Natalie but at least hers was decent.

I keep thinking of Louis' fabulous dance from last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,951 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Oh I hope Natalie wins after that,she was amazing. Abbey for a close second!

Advertisement