Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strictly Come Dancing 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Snoopy1 wrote: »
    Im liking the guy from casualty

What was he wearing in training?!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Obviously im not into the short shorts and socks and dancing shoes look :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,331 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Addle wrote: »
    What was he wearing in training?!

This! My eyes nearly popped - who let him out like that :eek:

Vanessa Feltz and Julien McDonald need to go, SOON.

Didn't see the first show, so can't form an opinion on those guys.

I think Rachel Reilly is great, but like someone else, am cringing already at the thoughts of her cha cha cha.....

The hairy biker I don't even want to think about :eek:

Just watched last nights show. The best yet! Laughed all the way through! Have to admire anyone that willingly gets up in front of others and make complete fools of themselves!

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Mrs Docjewel

I thought Abbey was the best so far, which was quite a surprise. Loved the hairy biker guy so much that I watched him a second time, laughed so much that I spluttered my tea all over myself and ended up having to change my clothes!!!
    Feeling a bit sorry for Anton again this year!

• Advertisement

Oh and Julian Macdonald has to go ASAP, very annoying!

When will they EVER give Anton a real partner?

And why does he keep turning up year after year, when all he's ever given are joke partners?

(at least this year the lady - of whom I've never heard - seems to be at least capable of putting one foot in front of the other.....)

HeidiHeidi wrote: »

And why does he keep turning up year after year, when all he's ever given are joke partners?

(at least this year the lady - of whom I've never heard - seems to be at least capable of putting one foot in front of the other.....)

Yes but did you notice he had to 'place' her several times during their dance, I know it's only the first week but hopefully he'll get a couple of weeks from this one.
    Don't know why he comes back year after year. Wonder will he replace Brucie eventually?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,490 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Anton is an awful Latin dancer, in fact he can't dance Latin at all.
    He's not even the best male ballroom dancer - that would be Brendan and possibly Kevin ( based on his family).
    He keeps turning up every year because he gets paid decent enough money and just even being on the show means he can charge top buck for lessons.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Yes but did you notice he had to 'place' her several times during their dance, I know it's only the first week but hopefully he'll get a couple of weeks from this one.
    Don't know why he comes back year after year. Wonder will he replace Brucie eventually?
    I never thought of Anton as a replacement for Brucie that could be a good idea :)

• Advertisement

casio4 wrote: »
    I never thought of Anton as a replacement for Brucie that could be a good idea :)

It's the only way he'll last on the show until December! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I enjoyed the weekends shows. I was surprised how good Abbey was, although at the end of the day it was only a waltz. Patrick Benton from Casualty was very impressive considering he's 50 and he had the jive. Mark Benton was quite good performing the tango, I had expected him to be awful.

Poor Dave the Hairy Biker. He was shockingly bad. Although I think his partner Karen shouldn't have included so much disco dancing into the routine. It only made it worse. I'm not a fan of Vanessa Feltz.

Rachel Riley and Suzanna Reid are my favourites :D:);)
    Heroditas wrote: »
    Bruce is an absolute disgrace now and brings nothing to the show.
    Sentimentality shouldn't come into it, he's actually just a very poor presenter now. Time to cut him loose, he's an embarrassment.
    Mister R wrote: »
    If it was commercial TV not a chance Bruce would still be around, he doesn't really appeal to advertising demographics but since the BBC is non commercial they can keep dinosaurs like him around for as long as they want even though if you look at twitter he isn't at all popular with viewers.

He's awful, surely they could find a much cheaper guy in his 30s/40s to host this.

I'm probably in the minority, but I don't think he's that bad! A lot of the time he's making fun of himself for being the way he is. I'd say it's great craic whenever the cameras go up to Tess for the post-dance interview, Bruce always seems to be chatting with the crowd.

He's taking more and more breaks during the last few series due to being so tired after the shows, so I'd say he'll step down at the end of the series or at most next year. It won't be the same without him though imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

The last time he was given a "real" partner he made an offensive comment about her race so it's not surprising the beeb have stuck him with the oldies ever since. He's 47 anyway so it makes more sense for him to be partnered with an older contestant.

They need to stop with the "Bond Girl" crap with Fiona Fullerton. It's incredibly tedious and cringeworthy. They did it previously with the actor who had a bit part in a couple of Bond films.
    It's boring.

They need to stop with the "Bond Girl" crap with Fiona Fullerton. It's incredibly tedious and cringeworthy. They did it previously with the actor who had a bit part in a couple of Bond films.
    It's boring.

yeah I totally agree. Surely she would prefer to be known on the show as an author rather than a Bond girl considering her on-screen time in 'A View to a Kill' was only a few minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Anton is an awful Latin dancer, in fact he can't dance Latin at all.
    He's not even the best male ballroom dancer - that would be Brendan and possibly Kevin ( based on his family).
    He keeps turning up every year because he gets paid decent enough money and just even being on the show means he can charge top buck for lessons.

Who are his family ?

Who are his family ?

His parents Keith and Judy Clifton were former world champions and his sister is European champion and has danced with a world champion as well I think.
    Definite pedigree compared so some of the other so-called "dancers"!
    A friend of mine knows him very well

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Mister R

yeah I totally agree. Surely she would prefer to be known on the show as an author rather than a Bond girl considering her on-screen time in 'A View to a Kill' was only a few minutes.

I know I'd imagine Alison Doody is calling her agent wondering how on earth Fiona Fullerton is getting reality gigs and she's not :pac:

I am going to marry abby's partner cant spell his name
    Im called Alli he's ali too so its a perfect match, and hes gorgeous.
    Who did anton insult I cant remember.

Snoopy1 wrote: »
    Who did anton insult I cant remember.

Laila Rouass

image-8-for-strictly-come-dancing-contestants-revealed-gallery-851794312.jpg

• Advertisement

Ahh thanks
    Id forgotten :)

Yaaaaaaaaaaay!!

Obviously I hope it's not too serious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

The only previous time that flu prevented Brucie from hosting an episode, in 2009, Ronnie Corbett stepped in.

On this occasion, though, the Beeb have simply turned to Claudia. Much as I love her, I guess they felt that the cost of booking Ronnie again, or someone like him, was a tad too prohibitive...

His parents Keith and Judy Clifton were former world champions and his sister is European champion and has danced with a world champion as well I think.
    Definite pedigree compared so some of the other so-called "dancers"!
    A friend of mine knows him very well

A bit more info on Kevin:
    Kevin is former Youth World Number 1 and four times British Latin Champion, an amazing achievement for a youngster from Lincolnshire. He trained in ballroom and Latin from an early age, taught by his parents, former World Champions Keith and Judy Clifton.

As the son of Keith and Judy Clifton, of Clifton’s Dance School it’s not surprising that Kevin followed in his parent’s footsteps as a professional dancer, having started dancing aged just four years old. His career went from strength to strength and he is now a British and International Ballroom Champion. Kevin’s sister Joanne Clifton is a current World Champion Ballroom dancer with her partner Paolo Bosco.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

Kevin Clifton is also engaged to Karen Hauer!
    The only previous time that flu prevented Brucie from hosting an episode, in 2009, Ronnie Corbett stepped in.

On this occasion, though, the Beeb have simply turned to Claudia. Much as I love her, I guess they felt that the cost of booking Ronnie again, or someone like him, was a tad too prohibitive...

Claudia did it once or twice before, I'm sure... I remember her telling Nicky Byrne to pipe down at some stage and that wasn't during a results show.

vitani wrote: »
    Kevin Clifton is also engaged to Karen Hauer!
    Claudia did it once or twice before, I'm sure... I remember her telling Nicky Byrne to pipe down at some stage and that wasn't during a results show.
    He had the "Flu" last year too and Claudia stood in for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

He had the "Flu" last year too and Claudia stood in for him.

He didn't have the flu last year he asked for that particular week off because they were filming the Wembley Arena show the following week. It's already been confirmed that Claudia will be standing in for Bruce for three weeks this year (excluding this week I'm guessing as this was last minute). He's 85 years old so I don't think anyone can blame him for not being able to work as much as he used to!

Anyone tuned in???

Delighted to see Claudia on instead of Brucie - long may that last! The fringe is a bit distracting, I'd love to take a garden shears to it - but Claudia with a full-face bike helmet would be preferable to Bruce!!

Running a bit behind here, so only on Tony Jacklin now..... my goodness, he's aged a lot :eek:

The newsreader - whoever she is - was great.

Thought (from comments at the beginning of this thread) Aliona was gone from the show :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

Sweet zombie jesus..... Rachel Riley is a babe.

Advertisement