Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strictly Come Dancing 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,330 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Sweet zombie jesus..... Rachel Riley is a babe.

Still playing catch-up, so can't comment on her yet (although I suspect I'll agree, even tho I'm a girl :D)

Two of the duds out of the way (hairy biker and Tony Jacklin) - Deborah Dragon was another one I was afraid of, but she did a lot better than I expected! I think there's one more old lad left?

The Casualty fella's doing well for a fella of his age!

ETA..... oh God, just remembered Julien Mcdonald still to come.... :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

HeidiHeidi wrote: »

Thought (from comments at the beginning of this thread) Aliona was gone from the show :confused:

Natalie Lowe broke/fractured her ankle just before the show started so Aliona took her place.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Sophie and Brendan were amazing. Show is so much better without brucie, wish him a speedy recovery though

Sophie and Brendan were amazing. Show is so much better without brucie, wish him a speedy recovery though

That Charleston was A-MAZ-ING! Haven't seen one of those (ie an amazing one) in quite a while.

ETA - OK, I take that back - just found Kimberly Walsh's one from last year on YouTube....

Sophie's was still brilliant though :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

ETA..... oh God, just remembered Julien Mcdonald still to come.... :eek:

Somebody must have had a word with him after last week. He barely said two words.

Not that I'm complaining....

Sophie was fantastic, and Brendan's choreography was wonderful - that dance was made for her.

• Advertisement

That Charleston was A-MAZ-ING! Haven't seen one of those (ie an amazing one) in quite a while.

Flavia and Lewis did a fantastic charleston last year but I really loved Sophie and Brendan, nice to see Brendan with a great partner too!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Can we (in Ireland) vote online?
    I can only seem to access a BBC Europe website.

Flavia and Lewis did a fantastic charleston last year but I really loved Sophie and Brendan, nice to see Brendan with a great partner too!

Oh yes... forgot about that one as well! Memory of a goldfish here.....

Whatever else Ben Cohen is good at (rugby, looking good, etc), it certainly ain't ballroom....

Addle wrote: »

I'd love if we could - but I seriously doubt it :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Sophie and Brendan were amazing.

Sophie was great - better than Brendan.

• Advertisement

What was up with Abby after her dance - she looked like she was going to burst into tears?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

What was up with Abby after her dance - she looked like she was going to burst into tears?

I think she messed the dance up but none of us noticed:D she still looked good but I thought she looked very nervous in front of the judges I think she thought they were going to say nasty things about her mistakes but they didn't seem to notice either:)

casio4 wrote: »
    I think she messed the dance up but none of us noticed:D she still looked good but I thought she looked very nervous in front of the judges I think she thought they were going to say nasty things about her mistakes but they didn't seem to notice either:)
    I thought she did a terrible job. She was making loads of mistakes and her head seemed elsewhere. I wasn't surprised how upset she looked at the end. The judges went easy on everyone, hope they're back to proper judging next week.

Natalie Lowe broke/fractured her ankle just before the show started so Aliona took her place.

Ah.

What a shame, she was one of my favourite professionals.

(and Aliona isn't!)

Ah.

What a shame, she was one of my favourite professionals.

(and Aliona isn't!)

Completely agree. I reckon Aliona could be gone this weekend though, Tony isn't great.

Completely agree. I reckon Aliona could be gone this weekend though, Tony isn't great.

There's quite a queue of potential exiters this week.... but what money that someone with actual potential gets the boot, while all the duds fluke it through? Wouldn't be the first time.....

It'll be five or six weeks before all the bottom-of-the-pilers are gone, THEN we'll have a real competition on our hands! And I reckon this could be a good one - there's quite a few who look like they have serious potential....

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Mister R

Addle wrote: »

If you try Chrome's Hola Unblocker it might work, I think that lets people watch the iplayer and lets me watch US TV sites.

I love Aliona :p I always felt production weren't fond of Aliona which made me like her, I hate when these shows have their faves and they clearly do.

Although I reckon Natalie dropping out is why Ben is dancing with such a munchkin, the height difference is laughable with Kristina. They probably didn't want to give Aliona a popular guy so switched her with Kristina or something. I find it hard to believe they'd have paired Kristina and Ben otherwise.

Mister R wrote: »
    If you try Chrome's Hola Unblocker it might work, I think that lets people watch the iplayer and lets me watch US TV sites.

I love Aliona :p I always felt production weren't fond of Aliona which made me like her, I hate when these shows have their faves and they clearly do.

Although I reckon Natalie dropping out is why Ben is dancing with such a munchkin, the height difference is laughable with Kristina. They probably didn't want to give Aliona a popular guy so switched her with Kristina or something. I find it hard to believe they'd have paired Kristina and Ben otherwise.

She won it two years ago with Harry Judd (clear contender and judges fave from the start) so the producers must have liked her.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

Mister R wrote: »

Do you not remember the height difference between her and Colin Salmon last year? He's even taller than Ben!

Yeah that was odd but I assumed it was cause Natalie was already with another tall guy. Like Kristina is one of the shortest and they give her tall guys.

• Advertisement

Kristina got Colin Salmon because she was willing to travel overseas to where he was filming.

Oh ok didn't know that, I'm also surprised other dancers weren't willing to fly over seas considering they're being paid. I just think Iveta, or Aliona would have been a better match for Ben.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Mrs Docjewel

I don't normally like the charleston but loved Sophie and Brendan tonight. Other favourites were Ashley, Patrick and thought Mark was very entertaining. Thought Abbey was very nervous tonight and agree I thought she was going to start crying at one stage. And of course I loved Hairy Dave, luckily he didn't make me spill my tea all over myself tonight ;)

Kristina got Colin Salmon because she was willing to travel overseas to where he was filming.

That wasn't planned before they were paired, he was already done filming before Strictly began. He was called overseas last minute three weeks into Strictly for re-shoots.

After his exit Colin said himself that he didn't understand why the producers paired him with Kristina, and he blamed the height difference for his exit.

For those not aware, the results show is actually filmed after the main show. So for the impatient few (like me) you can find out who is voted off by googling strictly spoilers a couple of hours after the Saturday night show airs.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,490 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Who is this Colin Salmon person?
    Don't you all mean James Bond actor, Colin Salmon?

I see Fiona was introduced as "Bond girl and former model Fiona Fullerton" last night. I really hope she cringes every time she hears that. It's pathetic.

Anyway, moving away from my bugbear, wasn't it a great show without that doddering old man last night? There's definitely 5 or 6 people who are very good.
    Mark Benton was under marked.
    The Wardrobe/Breeze Block did ok too. However, it was a waltz so I'll reserve judgment until he has to do another Latin dance.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Just watching it now
    Sophie was amazing
    Mark made me laugh so muxh
    Ben has definitely improved

Heroditas wrote: »
    Who is this Colin Salmon person?
    Don't you all mean James Bond actor, Colin Salmon?

I see Fiona was introduced as "Bond girl and former model Fiona Fullerton" last night. I really hope she cringes every time she hears that. It's pathetic.

In terms of acting credits though, A View to a Kill is all Fiona is known for. At least Colin has been a few other movies and shows that people would have heard of.

Plus it's probably the highest paid gig Fiona has had in a while so I'm sure she'll manage to grin and bear it when they introduce her as a bond girl.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

Not surprised to see Tony go.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

I thought the judges were running away with themselves, 9s in week 2, bit early for that. Granted the dances were good, but they should improve a hell of a lot more in the coming weeks, giving 9s is IMO a bit premature.
    Much much prefer Claudia, I might even watch it live when she's presenting, otherwise I record it and fast forward through the 'gags'.

Advertisement