Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strictly Come Dancing 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,154 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Well thank goodness for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Wooooohooo :)
    I love watching Deborah too, its clear to see how much shes enjoying it and she gets on really well with robin. Shes totally different to what I expected

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

I'm enjoying this series way more then I ever thought I would. The women are all just surprising me!

Even though I loved Natalie's character in Coronation St I can't warm to her here. No idea why.

Then on the other end there's Abby Clancy. I hate her on this morning but my god do I love her on this. She seems so lovely.

My favourite is Susanna. She's so fluid on the dance floor. And Kevin's a wonderful partner.

My favourite thing about this show is the women, and that includes the marvellous Darcy and Claudia

gubbie wrote: »
    I'm enjoying this series way more then I ever thought I would. The women are all just surprising me!

Even though I loved Natalie's character in Coronation St I can't warm to her here. No idea why.

Then on the other end there's Abby Clancy. I hate her on this morning but my god do I love her on this. She seems so lovely.

My favourite is Susanna. She's so fluid on the dance floor. And Kevin's a wonderful partner.

My favourite thing about this show is the women, and that includes the marvellous Darcy and Claudia
    Natalie comes across as being smug, which I think will go against her with the public. Abbey is so natural and warm, that I think will be an advantage. I love all the men. Even the bad ones! Loving Darcy more this series. I'm even warming to Brucie! Loving this series!

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭elleelle19

Natalie comes across as being smug, which I think will go against her with the public.

Funny when I was watching the results with my Mam and they had them lined up to call out who was saved they showed Natalie and Artem and we both at the exact same time said "She looks so smug"
    Don't think the public will warm to her, but even if she ends up in the dance off the judges are never going to kick her off :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,951 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

elleelle19 wrote: »
    Don't think the public will warm to her, but even if she ends up in the dance off the judges are never going to kick her off :(

Nor should they, she's the best dancer by a million miles.It's not "who has the sweetest facial expressions", it's a dancing show.

Personally I tune in to see some talent, I don't want to spend my Saturday nights watching mediocre middle aged people trotting around like ponies when I could be watching something artful and moving. Strictly will be dead in no time if voters continue on down the road of trying to make it a dancing big brother style personality contest.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Mister R

Ok can we please stop with the "it's a dancing contest" thing. It's Saturday night celeb-reality entertainment. There is no prize but a plastic glitter ball and an extended period of fame for the z-lister who wins. Some fans take the whole competition way too seriously.

It has always been a personality contest. Look at the winners, some were arguably not the best dancers in their respective seasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

Mister R wrote: »
    Ok can we please stop with the "it's a dancing contest" thing. It's Saturday night celeb-reality entertainment. There is no prize but a plastic glitter ball and an extended period of fame for the z-lister who wins. Some fans take the whole competition way too seriously.

It has always been a personality contest. Look at the winners, some were arguably not the best dancers in their respective seasons.

I think z-lister is a bit harsh considering the standard of celebs strictly gets compared to CBB or I'm a Celeb.

Technically it is a dance competition, that's the whole premise of the show. Granted personality plays a huge part in the way people vote but it still would regardless of what the winner gets, and even it wasn't celebs but actual aspiring dancers competing.

Also, I'd argue that more than half the time, the best dancer has won their respective season, and even the ones who weren't were still among the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,473 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Chris Hollins, we're talking about you again! Honourable mention to Tom Chambers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

Heroditas wrote: »
    Chris Hollins, we're talking about you again! Honourable mention to Tom Chambers.

Austin was robbed!!!!

I'm not getting a 'smug' vibe from Natalie at all, and I couldn't really care less if she has previous dance experience. Her rumba on Saturday was absolutely spectacular and I'd prefer to watch that rather than someone like Vanessa Feltz stomping around.

• Advertisement

It's only a personality contest because a portion of the audience make it on,a portion who analyse personality based on facial expression. I'm sorry but I don't really want those people determining the quality of what I watch.

Since when has the prize dictated how serious a competition is too?

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Mister R

It's only a personality contest because a portion of the audience make it on,a portion who analyse personality based on facial expression. I'm sorry but I don't really want those people determining the quality of what I watch.

Since when has the prize dictated how serious a competition is too?

If it was a serious dance contest there wouldn't be a public vote, the minute the public vote on anything its a personality contest.

To me Strictly is a show where celebrities learn to dance and part of the joy of the show is watching them improve over the weeks and really fall in love with dancing. For me it really defeats the point it someone is a trained dancer and looks like a pro week one, if people just wanted to see pros dance then Come Dancing would still be on.

elleelle19 wrote: »
    To me Strictly is a show where celebrities learn to dance and part of the joy of the show is watching them improve over the weeks and really fall in love with dancing. For me it really defeats the point it someone is a trained dancer and looks like a pro week one, if people just wanted to see pros dance then Come Dancing would still be on.

Thats what I watch it for too. I don't resent Natalie being there though as with the exception of 4 the rest are so very mediocre this year. The Hollyoaks guy is definitely not a beginner either. He missed 2 days training 2 wks ago and one day last week and still he glided out like a pro dancer no problem. There have to be a few "wow" moments to keep the show ticking over though. I do think it's a pity though when people take a dislike to someone and think they should get the boot because they think they look smug etc though.

think they should get the boot because they think they look smug etc though.

I don't dislike Natelie(I don't know her) and I don't think she should get the boot for looking smug, I just don't think she should be there in the first place. But that is just my opinion.

I'm really looking forward to seeing who improves over the weeks and surprises everyone. Really missing It Takes Two this year as I'm super busy and don't have time to watch. I love watching the training room stuff and analysis.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

According to the Daily Mail, reliable source I know :) Natalie missed training yesterday and might have a slipped disc, she might not be able to dance by the weekend.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2463683/Natalie-Gumede-forced-miss-weeks-Strictly-Come-Dancing-severe-problem.html

The cynic in me thinks this is a publicity stunt, in an attempt to get people to like her.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Snoopy1 wrote: »
    The cynic in me thinks this is a publicity stunt, in an attempt to get people to like her.

:eek: how could you think that? :D You're probably right. Although I do like her, perhaps it's Artem I like more so I enjoy seeing them dance :D

Natalie will be back tomorrow. She looked very shaken though. It sounded like a pretty serious injury with her feeling faint and her leg going numb and not moving. She had an epidural and steroids as treatment.

Natalie will be back tomorrow. She looked very shaken though. It sounded like a pretty serious injury with her feeling faint and her leg going numb and not moving. She had an epidural and steroids as treatment.

She's a fool to risk her future health for a dance competition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,473 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Oh for goodness sake, if sounds like she has sciatica, hardly life-threatening.
    Definitely making it sound worse than it really is.

No it was a bulging disc and a tear in the fluid lining around the disc. It sounded pretty serious.

I think she is mad to dance too, I definitely wouldn't, you only get one spine after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,348 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

eh....... sciatica is a symptom occurs due to an underlying cause..... which may be something like a compressed nerve OR a torn disc. Glad you are not my GP ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭tinyk68

It's also extremely painful. I've done it and I could barely walk! I don't think she should dance tomorrow but if she does I would be full of admiration for her.

This is probably going to get me shot but
    Ive had steroid injections in my discs in my back and I could hardly walk for days after, let alone dance.
    I do think this is a sympathy ploy. Yes she might have a slight bad back, but I don't think its as bad as what people are saying.
    I also think she will use this excuse tonight, and be like oh poor me, my poor back, I had to struggle on for Artem.
    And on another rant, I cannot stand Artem. He is like a sulky school boy. Last year when he got a relatively bad dancer, he sulked, and made no effort.
    I do not think she should be in the dance competition. The whole point of strictly is they learn to dance and its a learning curve, she has nothing to learn.

Rant over, cant wait for tonight :D

Watching Natalie on It takes Two last night, she didn't look like one with a bad back, the way she was wiggling on the couch. Didn't like her much before, gone right off her now.

First time I've been able to watch it live - hurray! Anyone else tuning in?

Did I see Sophie's lovely head going slightly astray there??

Clearly I didn't!

What's a bongirl?

And would Bruce EVER give up the semi-hysterical "LOOK, LOOK xxx, LOOK - THAT'S FOR YOU, LOOK!!!!!!!!!" routine every time someone's granny stands up after their dance.....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,596 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

I find Sophie's tattoo really off-putting. Tattoos in general don't bother me but I can't help focus on hers when she is dancing.

• Advertisement

Never even noticed it.... says a lot for my observation skills :eek:

Loved Mark's MC Hammer routine - thought it was brilliant, feck off Craig!

Viennese waltz was... meh.

Oh god, Julien the drama queen.....

Advertisement