Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strictly Come Dancing 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,154 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Eh, hello.... what happened Craig's perennial problem with LIFTS???? or have they changed the rules and not told us / I missed it:confused:

Bruce messing up his lines... again. When are they going to put him out to grass?

Not sure about the prospect of Deborah and the jive.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Im 20 minutes behind
    Could not stop laughing at mark, hes brilliant

Snoopy1 wrote: »
    Im 20 minutes behind
    Could not stop laughing at mark, hes brilliant

Agreed, Mark's was the dance of the night so far.

Poor Deborah and the jive should never, ever meet again :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Loved Mark's MC Hammer routine - thought it was brilliant, feck off Craig!

I think Craig's getting a bit carried away with his "nasty" judge role this year. I know he tends to give the lowest mark the majority of the time but he seems to be giving an awful lot of overly harsh 2/3/4 scores this year.

Agreed, Mark's was the dance of the night so far.

Poor Deborah and the jive should never, ever meet again :eek:

I havnt seen the jive yet
    What was Rachel wearing on her head?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

bopper wrote: »
    I think Craig's getting a bit carried away with his "nasty" judge role this year. I know he tends to give the lowest mark the majority of the time but he seems to be giving an awful lot of overly harsh 2/3/4 scores this year.

Gave Mark 3, and

Fiona 4

didn't make sense.

A red saucer? Her outfit was appalling IMO - most unusual for the SCD stylists (that was referring to Rachel, btw!)

Where on earth do the judges think they're going to go with the scoring if they're firing out 9s at this rate with 13(?) still in the competition :confused: They'll be needing an 11 and 12 to be introduced at the rate they're getting carried away with themselves!

Actually started crying when Bruno fell off the chair

Eh, hello.... what happened Craig's perennial problem with LIFTS???? or have they changed the rules and not told us / I missed it:confused:

Are you talking about Ben and Kristina? Salsa has always been allowed to have lifts. Only in certain dances are they against the rules (Jive or Rumba for example).

Patrick is some mover for a man of 50!

Well able to wiggle those hips :D

• Advertisement

bopper wrote: »
    Are you talking about Ben and Kristina? Salsa has always been allowed to have lifts. Only in certain dances are they against the rules (Jive or Rumba for example).

Really? I thought the only dance where lifts were allowed was the American Smooth. But I'm willing to stand corrected!

A red saucer? Her outfit was appalling IMO - most unusual for the SCD stylists (that was referring to Rachel, btw!)

Where on earth do the judges think they're going to go with the scoring if they're firing out 9s at this rate with 13(?) still in the competition :confused: They'll be needing an 11 and 12 to be introduced at the rate they're getting carried away with themselves!
    Ye I thought rachels outfit was awful
    Have you seen the outfits ivetta wears in training??? I have total envy

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

I feel sorry for Anton and Robin....they always get stuck with duds!

Gawd, the tango (and that dress!) was just made for someone with Abbey's height.

Cringing at deborahs jive
    Lisa riley was good with Robin although no-one expexted her to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

Aljaz is looking well tonight. Between him and Kevin in those glasses, we're being spoiled tonight.

Hairy biker needs to tuck his bum in.....

Really? I thought the only dance where lifts were allowed was the American Smooth. But I'm willing to stand corrected!

I'm not sure what the "official" dance rules are but I've never seen anyone get called out for having lifts in a Salsa on strictly. Remember Louis and Flavia doing the infamous "Dirty Dancing" lift in their Salsa last year? They got three 10s.

Wow
    Patrick can move
    I love him
    I also love aljiaz in army gear :)

Now that looked like a girl enjoying herself, with bells on!

Fair play to her! One to watch!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,348 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

There were some really cracking dances tonight.... Sophie and Brendan keep getting better and better. Sophie made it look effortless, it was really enjoyable to watch.

Abbey's tango was super fast, and she's great in hold. Meanwhile Patrick is an unbelievable dancer when out of hold. He's got so much style, and he's in great condition for a man who is 50.

I thought Mark's MC Hammer routine was class! I dunno why Craig disliked it so much. Ben and Kristina's dance was great! Ok so he's strong and she's feather-light, but it still takes a huge amount of skill to do all those lifts. Ben seems to be starting to like the dancing.

Another really good performance from Ashley and Ola. The judges were a bit unfair critisizing Ashley for playing it safe, when that should be Ola's fault.

Deborah really struggled with the jive. It's just a bit too fast for her. I hope she doesn't get knocked out this week, as she's been pretty decent so far in the series. Rachel struggled as well this week, but I think Pasha maybe made the routine a bit too hard for her?

Suzanna was unlucky to be the only one to have to do the samba tonight, it's a tough dance. She did a good enough job of it to get her safely into next week, so she should be happy with that.

Not much to say about Natalie, other than she looks like a pro. Top class once again.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,348 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Oh and Fiona keeps making so many mistakes! But there's no way she should be below Dave....... ok so he did improve this week, but his waltz was very basic and I thought they way over marked him.

I hope Deborah isnt in the dance off I enjoy watching her.
    Id say julian will be in dance off again

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,554 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Deborah looked really hampered tonight by her clumpy slippers shoes and tight skirt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

Yes I couldn't understand why Deborah's shoes were so flat. Normally all contestants (female) have at least a bit of a heel on their shoes.

Layinghen wrote: »
    Yes I couldn't understand why Deborah's shoes were so flat. Normally all contestants (female) have at least a bit of a heel on their shoes.

Not always for the jive, in fairness - they'd often have flat sneaker-style shoes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

How'd my Ben do guys- I was watching the rugby!

Caught his dance on YouTube... phoar! looked much improved dance wise too- what did the judges give him?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

efb wrote: »

Caught his dance on YouTube... phoar! looked much improved dance wise too- what did the judges give him?

I think 34...

Back when they won the World Cup I had the biggest crush on him!

efb wrote: »

31 (8,8,8,7)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

LOVED the professional dancers number this week :D

Advertisement