Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strictly Come Dancing 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Mister R

Unfortunate to see Rachel in the dance off, she seems nice.

From looking at twitter Ben seems to get virtually 100% positive tweets (mostly women and gay guys :D), wouldn't be shocked if he ended up winning the whole thing beating all the girls.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

I didnt see tonightS show but my mum text me the results
    Im glad about this result

• Registered Users Posts: 29,154 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Well thank goodness for that! I can put the earplugs away now :D

I wasn't terribly surprised to see Rachel in the dance-off - but I'm very pleased she survived it. That was one difficult routine she had! I think she still has bags of potential.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,348 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Same opinion as the others above, Julian had to go. And Rachel had an extremely hard dance routine this week. I'm hoping she's not near the bottom next week. I hope Dave goes next week. He's great craic, and seems to be putting in a lot of effort, but he's just not improving as much as everyone else :( Plus I'm not a big fan of Karen.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

I know the routine didn't suit Rachel but when I saw her in the dance off I thought the trousers didn't help she would have looked better in a dress, i'm glad she's still in though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

Mister R wrote: »
    Unfortunate to see Rachel in the dance off, she seems nice.

From looking at twitter Ben seems to get virtually 100% positive tweets (mostly women and gay guys :D), wouldn't be shocked if he ended up winning the whole thing beating all the girls.

I wasn't really surprised to see Rachel there she was in the most unlucky spot of the leader board (middle to bottom) and has yet to really stand out. Thank god Julien went though, he was probably one of my least favourite Strictly contestants ever!

Normally I hate it when a male celeb's looks help him carry the win over female celebs who are much better overall (like last year). However, if Ben continues to improve like he has been doing I wouldn't have a problem with him winning. At least he shows a high level of passion and seems genuinely eager to learn and do well. I'd also be happy to see Mark win for the same reason. I'd be rooting for Sophie too if she wasn't paired with such a twat.

bopper wrote: »
    I'd be rooting for Sophie too if she wasn't paired with such a twat.

Ah I don't think Brendan is as annoying as he used to be. He's mellowed a bit since he got married last year in my opinion :)

I hope Dave goes next week. He's great craic, and seems to be putting in a lot of effort, but he's just not improving as much as everyone else :( Plus I'm not a big fan of Karen.

I wasn't a fan of hers at all last year and really didn't want her to come back, but Dave seems to have brought out a much nicer side to her. She comes across warm with a great sense of humour, and genuinely seems to want Dave to do well. She actually looks like she's grateful to be part of the show, whereas last year she just didn't seem bothered. But I guess if I had to work with Nicky Byrne every day I'd probably feel the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

She actually looks like she's grateful to be part of the show, whereas last year she just didn't seem bothered.

I disagree- last year her choreography was criticized several times, and it was like she wanted to make her mark by getting herself and her partner in trouble. I really didn't like her at all tbh.

I was surprised to see Rachel in the bottom too, it should have been Deborah IMO. Glad Juilen went though, he just hasn't improved at the rate everyone else has.

I disagree- last year her choreography was criticized several times, and it was like she wanted to make her mark by getting herself and her partner in trouble. I really didn't like her at all tbh.

Which part of what I said are you disagreeing with? I also said I didn't like her at all last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

Which part of what I said are you disagreeing with? I also said I didn't like her at all last year.

That she just couldn't be arsed last year- I her acting the maggot was to do with her ego rather than her not being arsed.

That she just couldn't be arsed last year- I her acting the maggot was to do with her ego rather than her not being arsed.

Well I thought her ego and her not being bothered went hand in hand. Like she felt she was slightly above the show and didn't really care about winning or keeping her position. I was positive she'd be disgusted to be paired with Dave but she's thrown herself into it 100% and proved me wrong.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,554 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I was sorry to see Julien go tonight- I felt bad for him being in the bottom two every week- I was hoping he'd get a night off from having to dance again.

I hope Craig is doing well after his op!

I wonder who will replace Craig while he's recuperating?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,554 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Well Craig has insisted he's not missing any shows even if he has to turn up on Saturday in a wheelchair!

So, who's tuned in this time round?

Have we a Craig tonight??

Who'll be good and who'll be funny, and who'll be goddamn awful :eek:

Oh I REALLY wish they'd give up with those awful, excruciating filler bits for each couple.....

Cannot warm to Natalie at all, despite the fact that she's quite clearly very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Oh I REALLY wish they'd give up with those awful, excruciating filler bits for each couple.....

Cannot warm to Natalie at all, despite the fact that she's quite clearly very good.

My problem with Natalie is she is too much of a trained dancer. The show is about celebs with little or no experience and watching how they improve.

Like, Abby there, great to watch her grow in skill and confidence.

Howjoe1 wrote: »
    My problem with Natalie is she is too much of a trained dancer. The show is about celebs with little or no experience and watching how they improve.

Like, Abby there, great to watch her grow in skill and confidence.

Agreed (although I'm wary of opening that particular can of worms yet again!)

Abbey was fantastic, and is almost unrecognisable from the shaking mess who looked like she was about to be sick after the first dance!

Well, the Hairy Biker should most definitely stick to the bikes after that display :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

I knew Dave was a bad dancer, but my goodness that was really poor. Pity I thought after a few weeks of his weak points being commentated on his professional partner would have tried to get him to work on those areas.

• Advertisement

Layinghen wrote: »
    I knew Dave was a bad dancer, but my goodness that was really poor. Pity I thought after a few weeks of his weak points being commentated on his professional partner would have tried to get him to work on those areas.

Agreed. Cannot warm to Karen as a pro partner either. Can't put my finger on it, but this might be part of it.

Fiona done well. That dance really suited her. I fear a Latin number coming on next week though :eek:

Oh poor Rachel!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

Dot Cotton sounded different

Howjoe1 wrote: »
    Dot Cotton sounded different

:D

There must be someone in a corner of the dancefloor with a big sign on their head reading "!!!SMILE!!!" - both Ben and Sophie both grinned as if their lives depended on it suddenly during their dances!

Didn't think Sophie did herself justice at all there... suppose everyone has to have an off week at some point!

oh god poor Dave was desperate this week. Really really bad. It will be really poor form if people vote to keep him in.
    Definitely should be Dave & Karen and Rachel & Pasha in the dance-off. It'll be a travesty if another couple are in it.

IMO pasha is making Rachel's routines too hard, and she's finding it difficult to improve because of that.

Natalie and Artem were top class as per usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

oh god poor Dave was desperate this week. Really really bad. It will be really poor form if people vote to keep him in.
    Definitely should be Dave & Karen and Rachel & Pasha in the dance-off. It'll be a travesty if another couple are in it.

IMO pasha is making Rachel's routines too hard, and she's finding it difficult to improve because of that.

Natalie and Artem were top class as per usual.
    I totally agree and and I thought Sophie
    & Brendans dance wasn't that good, she just didn't seem to get into it. Everyone has a bad dance I felt tonight was Sophies bad dance. Dave and Rachel should be in the dance off and if Rachel survives Pasha needs to find a dance that suits her

I have a feeling Patrick could end up there.

casio4 wrote: »
    Dave and Rachel should be in the dance off and if Rachel survives Pasha needs to find a dance that suits her

In fairness to Pasha I don't think the professionals get much of a say in which dance is chosen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Rachel, didn't dance well. Poor Patrick with his arm. Natalie yawn. Sophie although she has the moves shes seems to have no enthusiasm, and no energy. I agree with Len, that they are taking too long to get into the dance. The table thing and the sofa, and the prison cage are good examples.

Advertisement