Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strictly Come Dancing 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,473 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Patrick did really well for someone doing a one-armed salsa!
    Rachel was awful.
    Sophie wasn't too bad but her problem is she's far too laid back and that translates into her dances.
    The Roger Moore bit was very cringey. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 13,348 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

@Snoopy1
    Maybe you should add spoiler tags to some of your post?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

Snoopy1 wrote: »
    I know who goes, and im not happy.

Rachel, didn't dance well. Poor Patrick with his arm. Natalie yawn. Sophie although she has the moves shes seems to have no enthusiasm, and no energy. I agree with Len, that they are taking too long to get into the dance. The table thing and the sofa, and the prison cage are good examples.

Im English and i actually hate the English public today :mad:

...but the judges ultimately chose who goes in the dance off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭Call me Al

I know who goes, and im not happy.

Rachel, didn't dance well. Poor Patrick with his arm. Natalie yawn. Sophie although she has the moves shes seems to have no enthusiasm, and no energy. I agree with Len, that they are taking too long to get into the dance. The table thing and the sofa, and the prison cage are good examples.

Im English and i actually hate the English public today :mad:

I really didn't like Sophie's dance last night.
    And i agree, all the amateur dramatics with props at the start of the dances, makes me think the professional is trying to cut down on the amount of time the celebrity has to actually dance. In some cases I don't blame them but often I think it does the celebrity a disservice.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Call me Al wrote: »
    I really didn't like Sophie's dance last night.

Me neither, but her dress was one of the best ever I've seen on strictly.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,554 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I didn't find any of the music really suited the dances last night. I prefer more traditional music. Last week dancing a rhumba to a Westlife song was just ridiculous!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Why would i need to add spoiler tags, i didnt mention any names. But if it keeps you happy i'll delete the post.

I cannot stand the women singers, i think they wreck every song.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,348 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Why would i need to add spoiler tags, i didnt mention any names. But if it keeps you happy i'll delete the post.

I just thought the start of your original post gave the result away.
    Maybe it was just me that thought that though :o

The singers have been absolutely appalling this year. They rival Bruce in awfulness!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

Addle wrote: »
    Me neither, but her dress was one of the best ever I've seen on strictly.

I liked it as well, although Sophie could make a sack look stylish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Bagheera

Disappointed by tonight's result. I liked Deborah and thought she deserved to stay a bit longer. However Patrick is a much better dancer so there is no way she should have stayed over him.

Dave really should be gone, I found him amusing the first couple of weeks but he was so so bad last night. Rachel was very wooden. I hate to say it as I love looking at Ben (yum) but he was over-marked last week and last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,951 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Bagheera wrote: »
    Disappointed by tonight's result. I liked Deborah and thought she deserved to stay a bit longer. However Patrick is a much better dancer so there is no way she should have stayed over him.

Dave really should be gone, I found him amusing the first couple of weeks but he was so so bad last night. Rachel was very wooden. I hate to say it as I love looking at Ben (yum) but he was over-marked last week and last night.

Could agree more , and on every front. It was so sad to see Deborah go, she really loved it and she was improving every week. I'd say she'll be devastated.

The Dave thing has gone on WAY too long now. He's making no effort to improve at all. Id have been mortified to stay if I was him tonight and watch two much better people fight it out for a place.

Rachels dance was so wooden that it was actually funny, her angry face was just ridiculous. I like her at the same time though and it was a tough,content packed routine so I thought she deserved to stay.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Felt really sorry for Deborah & Robin, being so visibly upset. I'm sure they felt gutted that Dave got through......Rachel & Sophie were awful this week too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

I'm struggling a bit this year!

I like Sophie but this week's was miserable.

I think Natalie is a great dancer but it seems too easy? We're not seeing any progression with her.

Abbey is great but I just cannot warm to her. Same with Susanna; I can appreciate her dancing but she annoys the hell out of me!

On the other hand, I like Rachel but her dancing is just dreadful! She just can't loosen up. I think Pasha needs to bring her out for a few drinks and just get her to let go!

I agree with Bagheera; Ben is totally over-rated. I think Ashley is my favourite of the boys.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

Alicat wrote: »
    I agree with Bagheera; Ben is totally over-rated. I think Ashley is my favourite of the boys.

I'm the opposite. I completely indifferent to Ashley and Ola whereas I enjoy watching Ben and Kristina. I've liked Kristina ever since her first series when she was partnered with John Sergeant. I don't think they're overrated in terms of scores. They was third from the bottom last weekend. I know his Salsa scored well but the lifts were impressive.

I'm a bit 'meh' about both Ben and Ashley. I think Mark Benton is fantastic though.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Mister R

Yeah I feel Ben is very overrated (if he wasn't hot those scores wouldn't be so high) and Kristina looks like some mail order bride week in week out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

Mister R wrote: »
    Yeah I feel Ben is very overrated (if he wasn't hot those scores wouldn't be so high) and Kristina looks like some mail order bride week in week out.

What does a mail order bride look like?

Mister R wrote: »

I dunno what a mail order bride looks like but I'd certainly say Kristina has an ability to look trashy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,951 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Heroditas wrote: »
    I dunno what a mail order bride looks like but I'd certainly say Kristina has an ability to look trashy.

She can look very elegant too though. I don't find her trashy as such but her outfits are sometimes way OTT.

I read a really sad article recently about her where they were profiling people talking about their motivation. She said that her family had very little money and that she left Russia initially to make money and send it back which she still does. She has 5 relations there that she supports because they're either elderly or disabled and she said that was why Strictly was so important to her every year as there'd be little work without it and the public profile it gives her. She does always look awfully nervous at the elimination time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,154 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Well now.

As much as I HATE theme nights (and I do really HATE them!).....

that was brilliant!

And nice to see the judges putting their money (feet) where their mouths are!

What was going on during Ben's chat with Tess :confused:

Fine sight he is, although the Paso doesn't do it for me at all.

Thought Patrick's quickstep was fantastic. Fiona's charleston.... well, a bit safe, really.

Sophie is a bit wooden. Loved Patrick tonight. Love to see the Judges drooling over dancers!

I've fallen a bit behind... Sophie's jive was the tightest, neatest, safest jive I've ever seen! Did she even move her feet?

I'm calling shenanigans now.

How much actual waltzing did Natalie actually do? Not a lot.

I feel like a grumpy Len!

Len said that they were told to be quick. They needn't if they cut out those rehersal pieces.

Fantastic rumba by Abbey there - and I'm FAR from the biggest fan of the rumba.

Dave Hairy Biker.... I missed the intro, and had trouble figuring out what dance he was meant to be doing..... the joke is over now, time to call time on him, methinks. Mehopes, anyway.

Len said that they were told to be quick. They needn't if they cut out those rehersal pieces.

Or if they'd started the couples earlier. Was about 15 minutes into it before the first pair danced. It made for a really uncomfortable show actually - the judges were rushing through their comments and Tess was speaking even faster than usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭Call me Al

We couldn't watch it. The wind was moving our sky satellite so much I just gave up. I did see Patrick though and I thought he was excellent, but after that we couldn't see a thing :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Bagheera

Loved Patrick and Abby's dances tonight. All I can say about Ben is phwoar. I really hope Dave goes tomorrow night as everyone else seems to be improving apart from him.

Advertisement