Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Giving priority to Xbox360 (QoS)

Options
  • 01-06-2013 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Is there anyway I  can give priority to the xbox360 in the house as whenever somebody watches a video the connection instantly drops and we are unable to use xbox live with it. 

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Snapbacks wrote: »
    Is there anyway I  can give priority to the xbox360 in the house as whenever somebody watches a video the connection instantly drops and we are unable to use xbox live with it. 

Thanks
    Sounds like your line is barely capable of XBL, what are your speedtest results? 

QoS prioritizes traffic a bit but if you dont have the bandwidth to run both together then it wont help much.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Snapbacks

ED E wrote: »
    Sounds like your line is barely capable of XBL, what are your speedtest results? 

QoS prioritizes traffic a bit but if you dont have the bandwidth to run both together then it wont help much.
    We pay for the 8mb package. I just did a speed test and it gave 4.3 down and .2 up.

Advertisement