Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I want to ask the bar man out

• 01-06-2013 7:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Itwasntme.

I'm seated in a pub. This is my second drink. The bar man is a cute ginger with a pretty mouth. I want to ask him out but I'm shy. Also, this is my favourite pub. If he says no, I will be too embarrassed to come back. What to do, what to do?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Itwasntme. wrote: »
    The bar man is a cute ginger with a pretty mouth. I want to ask him out but I'm shy.

Tell him you want him to squeal like a pig.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

Ask him, nothing ventured nothing gained op.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Phone number on a beer-mat when you're paying for your next round and tell him to call you if he wants his tip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Ask him does he go there often.

He'll know you're having a laugh but at the same time he'll know you're sort of chatting him up.
    There ya go, you're funny and you're interested.

If he's not gay or taken, you're getting some.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Ask him for a quickie in the gents!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Ask him in for a drink.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

let the attraction move you over there and let the universe and nature take care of the rest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Vomit over the counter. If he smiles at you and tells you not to worry, these things happen, while cleaning it up, then he likes you too, so ask him out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

Around about your eleventeenth drink go to the bog , get some condoms and stretch one over your head .
    The walk from the bog to your seat/floor should easily guarantee you instant local fame.

Good luck , little one .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

orestes wrote: »
    Phone number on a beer-mat when you're paying for your next round and tell him to call you if he wants his tip.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

Tell him you'd like a long screw up against a wall... And a cocktail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Itwasntme.

He always remembers my name and makes small talk whenever I come in. Is that a sign that he wants to give it to me or am I just delusional?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

ask me I'm fine with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

Stop staring at me OP you're creeping me out.

It's not ginger, it's strawberry blonde BTW.

I'll meet you around the back at 8.15, I'm on a break then. Bend over the barrell for me.

crazygeryy wrote: »
    ask me I'm fine with it.

I would be mortified if you were actually the same barman! Don't tease me, you might give me a heart attack!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Now I'm afraid to say that while I don't have much experience in the art of chatting up ginger barmen with pretty mouths but it seems to me that the only solution is to walk straight up to him and say "You have a pretty mouth" and if he looks at you funny just say "Can I have a pint of stout?" and down it right in front of him...win win :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Wait until your sixth or seventh drink at least.

That way you can be sure you'll be at your most charming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

Mark your territory by pissing on his legs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

I would be mortified if you were actually the same barman! Don't tease me, you might give me a heart attack!

lol can you imagine it
    .ask him.go for it.you have nothing to loose good luck.

I'm by myself. I'm worried it's might be even more weird if I ask him out because then he'll just think I've been sort of stealth stalking him. It's the truth but I don't want him to think it. I should just go home.....

• Advertisement

OP ,you're going have to raise your level of sophistication , go out and get yourself a snack box and a tub of curry sauce.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

I'm by myself. I'm worried it's might be even more weird if I ask him out because then he'll just think I've been sort of stealth stalking him. It's the truth but I don't want him to think it. I should just go home.....

If you want some balls, you'll need to grow some first and use them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles-old

Definitely ask him, if he says no then so be it. You'll boost his confidence a little and you'll get a rush from it! I do anyway :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Anyone wrote: »

How majestic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Aw dont go home yet. Get off the phone and chat to him :)

If you do ask him out be prepared for him to say hes seeing someone though.
    If he is, then leave while you're sober with your dignity in tact.

mattjack wrote: »
    OP ,you're going have to raise your level of sophistication , go out and get yourself a snack box and a tub of curry sauce.

Is that all. Chipper here I come.

Okay, my second drink is done. I'm going to get another drink and ask him. Or should I ask him before the drink so that if he says no, I won't be committed to staying in to finish it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,519 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Ask him out, report back here immediately afterwards.

• Advertisement

Okay, my second drink is done. I'm going to get another drink and ask him. Or should I ask him before the drink so that if he says no, I won't be committed to staying in to finish it?

Get another drink then ask him, cos if you ask him and he says no and then you take off out the door, he'll think you're just out to pick up anyone!

Chucken wrote: »
    Get another drink then ask him, cos if you ask him and he says no and then you take off out the door, he'll think you're just out to pick up anyone!

But then I have to sit it through after if he says no. It will be painful :-(. Any barmen with confidence boosting anecdotes?

Rock up to where he's standing and ask for a pint of Andrews liver salts...

But then I have to sit it through after if he says no. It will be painful :-(. Any barmen with confidence boosting anecdotes?

Just get the drink and act cool. Are you chatting to him yet?
    Good lord woman, he'll get busier as the night goes on and you'll miss your chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

Yeah this is a bit of a problem. I'd be a bit spooked by that myself. Wait until you have some friends with you and ask him if he'd like to follow ye into town later. Then the ball is in his court and you can go back to the pub, dignity intact, and follow it up.

Don't do it Itwasntme.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

Hours into this thread and the OP still hasn't been bent over the empty bottles bin out back yet.
    Tis a sad state this country's come to, I'm tellin' ye.

• Advertisement

Yeah this is a bit of a problem. I'd be a bit spooked by that myself. Wait until you have some friends with you and ask him if he'd like to follow ye into town later. Then the ball is in his court and you can go back to the pub, dignity intact, and follow it up.

Don't do it Itwasntme.

That's then thing. I came out by myself for a drink. I'm not meeting anyone. Now you have me spooked :-(.

On the up side, there's an incredibly hot girl at then table next to mine. She makes for great distraction.
    PS: I am not gay.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭munster87

I think we are in the same bar!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

In then up side, there's and incredibly hot girl at then table next to mine. She makes for great distraction.

You've got competition, so. If you leave this much longer, she'll be off to the loo for an extended absence, and suddenly the barman will be 'changing the kegs' and before you know it your place over the empty bottles bin will be taken by another. Make your move now, before it's too late!

On the up side, there's an incredibly hot girl at then table next to mine. She makes for great distraction.

Oh you'll be sorry when she makes a play for the lovely barman!

• Advertisement

munster87 wrote: »
    :O where are you?

I was a barman for a few years. If he's up for it you're sorted, if he's not then he's still working and will be in charming barman mode so he will still be nice about it. Go for it, nothing to lose.

Ohhhh this is getting better!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

Competition. You need to eliminate her quickly

Jimoslimos wrote: »

Are you saying I should kill her?

:O

Right. Both of you post what is on tv there atm. No tv? Tell us what the barman is wearing.

Jimoslimos wrote: »

Or recruit her, and the barman could win at life!

Chucken wrote: »
    Oh you'll be sorry when she makes a play for the lovely barman!

The bad news is that she is waaaaaay hotter than I am :-(. The good news is I doubt she's interested in my hot ginger man who seems to have disappeared. :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭munster87

I was just watching the Dublin match, coverage just over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

Are you saying I should kill her?
    Hey I only said "eliminate". If you took that as meaning "kill".....wouldn't want to cross you on a dark night.:eek:

• Advertisement
Advertisement