Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I want to ask the bar man out

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭rockbeast

Jijsaw wrote: »
    She's talking about her phone ;)

I don't believe that!

I like to think that somewhere out there tonight two people, a ginger bartender and a shy girl who finally made a move, are gonna make love, sweet sweet love...and i'd like to say WE ALL played a part in that

Maybe there's a ginger bartender, male or female, out there for all of us...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

rockbeast wrote: »
    I don't believe that!

I like to think that somewhere out there tonight two people, a ginger bartender and a shy girl who finally made a move, are gonna make love, sweet sweet love...and i'd like to say WE ALL played a part in that

Maybe there's a ginger bartender, male or female, out there for all of us...

..or maybe just maybe they'll meet for coffee and get to know each other first ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Oooohhh what's in the damn safe? Done. To. Death.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭from_atozinc

Chucken wrote: »
    ..or maybe just maybe they'll meet for coffee and get to know each other first ;)

aaaaaaaaawwww, that's so cute, not ; )

...or maybe they'll meet for coffee and get to know each other afterwards:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭bacon n eggs

lol

aaaaaaaaawwww, that's so cute, not ; )

Ok Yoda.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,349 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Ok Yoda.

Whose yoda?

doovdela wrote: »
    Whose yoda?

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Yoda

He spoke kind of backwards.

• Advertisement

Ah wasnt sure was star wars heard of name.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Yoda

He spoke kind of backwards.

backwards spoke he of kind

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭bridget84

What is it with us Irish people and approaching the opposite sex? When I was living over in the States for a while, men and women were asking each other out on dates left, right and centre without a second thought not to mention being a hundred percent sober.
    Are we insecure or have we a fear of rejection? Even with a bit of Dutch courage we don't have a backbone when it comes to asking people out.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

bridget84 wrote: »
    What is it with us Irish people and approaching the opposite sex? When I was living over in the States for a while, men and women were asking each other out on dates left, right and centre without a second thought not to mention being a hundred percent sober.
    Are we insecure or have we a fear of rejection? Even with a bit of Dutch courage we don't have a backbone when it comes to asking people out.:(

Jesus sure those Americans are goin' great guns altogether

I dont know maybe we dont like the way americans are so confident about asking people out or we like our own way not too amercanised like other things are. Its an irish thing or culture in irish dating scene. Bit different to america. Uk are just in between on this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Could be something to do with the fact that in Ireland the person you're aksing out is probably a local and you'll have to see him/her again if they say no.

• Advertisement

backwards spoke he of kind

Of backwards he spoke kind. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭bacon n eggs

Nice not to be too full on.

I dont know maybe we dont like the way americans are so confident about asking people out or we like our own way not too amercanised like other things are. Its an irish thing or culture in irish dating scene. Bit different to america. Uk are just in between on this.

If you ask a girl out that you don't know in Ireland when you've had a few, she thinks you're drunk.

If you ask a girl out that you don't know in Ireland when you're sober, she thinks there's something wrong with you, as in you're a lunatic.

It nearly always starts off with a dance ha?!

The tudors...how a dirty dancing or modern dance on dance floor ensued is beyond me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles-old

If you ask a girl out that you don't know in Ireland when you've had a few, she thinks you're drunk.

If you ask a girl out that you don't know in Ireland when you're sober, she thinks there's something wrong with you, as in you're a lunatic.

Internet dating ftw!! :D

• Advertisement

Ah i see what you mean!

Internet dating ftw!! :D

Modern thing to do in ireland now a days no harm with old fashioned pub scene too cast the net wider plus joining clubs in the hope of meeting someone broaden social circle and all that.

OD doesnt always work out ok short term.

• Site Banned Posts: 16 Oceanic Nebula

Are you serious? You actually have to ask the question are Irish people insecure.

Lets look at the evidence.

Irish people drink ridiculous amounts.

Suicide and depression is high in Ireland.

Irish people "begrudge" success.

Over politeness in sober settings.

In conclusion Irish people are highly insecure in general.

Seriously, is it not a bit feeble if you can't walk over to someone and chat to them, if you like them then ask them out. We're all going to be dead in 100 years. Nothing we do really matters so enjoy yourself and have fun exploring people.

Modern thing to do in ireland now a days no harm with old fashioned pub scene too cast the net wider plus joining clubs in the hope of meeting someone broaden social circle and all that.

OD doesnt always work out ok short term.

how's it working out for you?

Are you serious? You actually have to ask the question are Irish people insecure.

But we're great when we drink:eek:

Thanks for coming in to cheer us up :(

Thanks for coming in to cheer us up :(

worse than calling "Last orders"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

they also make sweeping generalisations

how's it working out for you?

Rubbish on both counts lately! :-\

Need to widen circle though...

BBDBB wrote: »
    they also make sweeping generalisations

Well done Sherlock. Usual when people say "in general" they are declaring what they say to be a generalisation.

• Advertisement

I'm sober (tonight)

Very much alive and quite happy

Wished that girl well and hope she suceeds in meeting that barman

Quite vocal here tonight

Doubt it

Well done Sherlock. Usual when people say "in general" they are declaring what they say to be a generalisation.

and usually they end up saying nothing worth reading Einstein

I'm sober (tonight)

Very much alive and quite happy

Wished that girl well and hope she suceeds in meeting that barman

Quite vocal here tonight

Doubt it

Look out folks, we have another genius here who doesn't know what in general means.

Not being polite on the Internet doesn't count by the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

Ah jaysus OP, did you go out without your keys again? If I was your housemate I'd throttle you!

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭BrianG23

This ^, i've been told I was a creep for simply sitting down and talking to someone who I didn't know. By her mate of course. Apparently the only way to approach girls in Ireland is to sexually assault them on the dancefloor.

Look out folks, we have another genius here who doesn't know what in general means.

Very feisty for your sixth post Oceanic(815)...

no need for that. have a drink. I'll go look up "in general".

It be worse if she lost them what ever about forgetting them! Dying to know what happens and what bar it is?! If it cork city likely to venture....

and usually they end up saying nothing worth reading Einstein

I'll break this down for you "Barney style".

In general cheetahs are faster than dogs.

Now, do you think the above statement means every single cheetah is faster than every single dog?

Well done, you've just been brainwashed by the Internet to think "generalisation"'is a bad word and missed it's true meaning. Not everything is black and white son.

Sussing out the tone of a thread is polite.
    This was a happy thread.

• Advertisement

BrianG23 wrote: »
    This ^, i've been told I was a creep for simply sitting down and talking to someone who I didn't know. By her mate of course. Apparently the only way to approach girls in Ireland is to sexually assault them on the dancefloor.

And what's more- they'll respect you for it:D

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭BrianG23

And what's more- they'll respect you for it:D
    It displays confidence in your abilities to pull. I don't get it really, i've just attempted(to talk I mean) on the wrong girls or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭gowley

jesus if he wants to get in a row he should go to politics or something. this was a laugh before he ruined it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

The thing about being considered creepy is that it is dependent on whether the girl finds you attractive. Brad Pitt could sit beside a girl, slowly rubbing his thighs whilst telling her that he wants to wear her skin and she'd find him less creepy than the average looking guy who simply asks her if she'd like to have a drink with him. Basically, uggos and slightly less uggos always run the creep-factor risk.

BrianG23 wrote: »
    It displays confidence in your abilities to pull. I don't get it really, i've just attempted(to talk I mean) on the wrong girls or something.

Try america or germany(only places i've been) - girls like being asked out by sober guys there.

Although, be warned, it is a strange sensation asking a girl out sober and her saying yes, but when she says yes...you feel great:)

I'll break this down for you "Barney style".

In general cheetahs are faster than dogs.

Now, do you think the above statement means every single cheetah is faster than every single dog?

Well done, you've just been brainwashed by the Internet to think "generalisation"'is a bad word and missed it's true meaning. Not everything is black and white son.

save it for when Dora the Explorer asks for you opinion sunshine

Your analogy needs work, your "statement" is neither an accurate portrayal of the original sweeping statement nor a reflection of the point you mistakenly believe I need educating upon. But nice try, seems you've been brainwashed into making assumptions about your own views and their importance. Not everyone thinks like you, get used to it son :)

• Advertisement

This thread has got too serious use to be fun no fun no more! :(

sorry doovdela, you are quite right, my apologies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Wait....so, OP handed the ginger barman a note and didn't even stick around to see if he agreed to the date or not?

This is even more disappointing than when they all turned up in heaven at the end of Lost :(

Wait....so, OP handed the ginger barman a note and didn't even stick around to see if he agreed to the date or not?

This is even more disappointing than when they all turned up in heaven at the end of Lost :(

Worse than that, we're the minor characters sitting in the pews...:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭gowley

sorry doovdela, you are quite right, my apologies
    just ignore him and he will go away.

• Advertisement
Advertisement