Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I want to buy a CD!

Options
  • 01-06-2013 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭

I have hundreds of CD's but the last one I bought was probably 6-8 years ago and have downloaded since.

I have decided that I want to buy the Lumineers album as it's brilliant and want to really hear it in a much better quality rather than MP3. It's the first album which has hooked me in ages.

Where is the cheapest to buy CD's normally? Amazon, Play.co.uk, Bricks and Mortor or any other site?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,114 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Horribly, Tesco is often the cheapest these days if the CD is popular enough for them to bother stocking it. Hence why there's virtually no proper music stores left.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Play.com best place other than amazon or cdwow best place is to download works out cheaper other option tesco or heatons good prices for cds.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Download FLAC files instead.

TBH, I doubt you're going to really hear a difference between a CD or high quality rips.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

doovdela wrote: »
    Play.com best place other than amazon or cdwow best place is to download works out cheaper other option tesco or heatons good prices for cds.

Play.com stopped direct selling in March. It's now marketplace sellers only.

Amazon UK is best - two day delivery and free postage over €25 or €27 (can't remember which).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Vinyl is where its at if you want the real music listening experience. Am blaring Daft Punks new one as I type this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

If you want to go bricks and mortar it depends on what part of the country you're in. In Dublin you should have no problem and outside Dublin there's still a few indies and Golden Discs knocking about.

If you want to buy online I always find Amazon very useful. You might even find a used CD for next to nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

Vinyl is where its at if you want the real music listening experience. Am blaring Daft Punks new one as I type this.

Daft Punk is definitely not where it's at if you want the real music listening experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

You can now sell on Amazon Marketplace as well. Previously this was not available to Republic of Ireland residents.

Advertisement