Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limp/wilting Pear trees?

• 01-06-2013 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭

Quick one - trees came from aldi - were unremarkable and thriving until they grew out and limbs put on a lot of length with seemingly no girth to bear their own weight and then they came into full leaf and so all the extra weight is really compromising the minimal load bearing capabilities of the branches etc. etc.

- As of right now they are rubbery looking (can't post a photo now til daylight) but they just are a case of each branch not able to hold its load - this means they are bowing and as the title says limp and wilting.

I think the roots/nutrition and water etc are fine - No notion if I should have pruned or taken other steps? Hoping for thoughts and advice anyhow :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭amandstu

I am no expert .Did you over feed them?
    Are they getting plenty of light?

By the way I have a pear tree (Conference) that I bought over 5 years ago and I haven't had a single fruit (or flower)although it is around 10 feet tall.
    A smaller one in a tub is younger ,smaller and doing better.
    I don't know why....

Advertisement