Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

travel insurance short cover?

Options
  • 01-06-2013 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

heading over on a 2year lmo and the company said i wont have health insurance till i do 350hrs and said i should try in get health coverage to do me till then, been reading up on go 4 less backpackers! is there any point in getting the 2 years or just the one and get the most basic & cheapest to do me the 350 hours? am i right in saying if i get injured at work they would have to cover me anyway? but if i get sick or injured outside of work thats up to me? thanks for any help peeps

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭stevenf17

You'll be better off to getting the 2 year insurance before you go over because if you get stopped at immigration when entering Canada and they see you only have insurance for a few months they have the right to only issue your work permit for as long as your insurance is valid. They most likely won't but they can if they want to.
    The reason they make you get the insurance for the entire time your there is because if you kick the bucket while your over there they don't want the Canadian health service to be left with the cost of sending your body home!

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭bongomad

stevenf17 wrote: »
    You'll be better off to getting the 2 year insurance before you go over because if you get stopped at immigration when entering Canada and they see you only have insurance for a few months they have the right to only issue your work permit for as long as your insurance is valid. They most likely won't but they can if they want to.
    The reason they make you get the insurance for the entire time your there is because if you kick the bucket while your over there they don't want the Canadian health service to be left with the cost of sending your body home!

thanks for the help for the sake of it ill get the 2years to be safe cheers!

Advertisement