Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting a job at 17 In NCD

Options
  • 01-06-2013 11:07pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 769 ✭✭✭

Is there any way to get a job at 17 in NCD or in the city.

I Have went into loads of shops asked for the manager, explain that im looking for a summer job or even experience and left them a cv and nothing.
    Its really frustrating

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

I have to be honest with you, the liklihood of a school going 17 year old getting a job over the hundreds of skilled, experienced, college graduates looking for work at the moment is quite unlikely.
    Have you looked into things like odd jobs in the community- washing cars, dog walking, cutting grass, etc.? My nephews spend their summers doing stuff like this and earn a decent amount. It just takes a bit of initiative and creativity to see what services people in your area may need. This would probably be the best option for you right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭wow sierra

ElleEm wrote: »
    I have to be honest with you, the liklihood of a school going 17 year old getting a job over the hundreds of skilled, experienced, college graduates looking for work at the moment is quite unlikely.
    Have you looked into things like odd jobs in the community- washing cars, dog walking, cutting grass, etc.? My nephews spend their summers doing stuff like this and earn a decent amount. It just takes a bit of initiative and creativity to see what services people in your area may need. This would probably be the best option for you right now.

All of the above are your best options. Also the good old "who you know" route. Is there anyone in your extended family with a business, a farm etc who might want a bit of help on a casual basis or even where a family member works . It is often a lot of hassle to advertise because you get so many applicants so they might be happy to get the personal connection.

Advertisement