Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap Small Chocolate Bars?

Options
  • 01-06-2013 11:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Does anyone know where I can purchase cheap small chocolate bars around the same size as animal bars. Its probably a wholesaler I am looking for.

Advice much appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

How many do you need?

If you need loads a shop may do you a deal or if you want quantity, a cash and carry might look after you.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Bull McCabe1920

How many do you need?

If you need loads a shop may do you a deal or if you want quantity, a cash and carry might look after you.

Need a substantial amount on a regular basis. Shops in my locality will do animal bars for 25c which are marked up at 30c.

Would need that price to be reduced more so I can pass on to others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Need a substantial amount on a regular basis. Shops in my locality will do animal bars for 25c which are marked up at 30c.

Would need that price to be reduced more so I can pass on to others.

Off the top of my head, that looks about the best you will get. If a 30c bar is available to you for 25c, thats a good discount.

I have 30c milky bars here and they cost around 19c + VAT, thats about 23c all in. You wont get much cheaper than that unless you go the the cash and carry and buy quantity. They may do you a ten and one free.

Theres not much in it at that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Cash & carries can charge a lot. Do they have to be retail packets, e.g. would buying big bags of lidl bars and splitting them be an option. Dunnes are now selling waitrose stuff, I wish my local pubs stocked lidl beers working on the same margin as their others.

Does it have to be repeatable? i.e. same bars each time. The last time I got full size 4 finger kit kats they were 15.6cent each, I got 56 of them in tesco.

The €2 type shops seem to source bars from outside Ireland.

If I owned a shop or pub it would be like nothing you have ever seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭SimonLynch

Does it have to be chocolate? I can get a fair sized choc flavoured bar (bigger than an Animal bar, 33g I think) for roundabouts 17c a bar with a deal of buy 5 outers and get 1 free across three flavours bringing it down to 14.25c plus VAT per bar. If it was big quantity could probably get it a wee bit cheaper.

• Advertisement

SimonLynch wrote: »
    Does it have to be chocolate? I can get a fair sized choc flavoured bar (bigger than an Animal bar, 33g I think) for roundabouts 17c a bar with a deal of buy 5 outers and get 1 free across three flavours bringing it down to 14.25c plus VAT per bar. If it was big quantity could probably get it a wee bit cheaper.

Can the outer wrapper be removed leaving inside tin foil wrapper same as animal bar?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

What's a 'chocolate flavoured bar'?! :eek:

That sounds like all sorts of nasty.

Can the outer wrapper be removed leaving inside tin foil wrapper same as animal bar?

No, plastic wrapper.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Faith wrote: »
    What's a 'chocolate flavoured bar'?! :eek:
    I think there is a legal definition of chocolate, it can vary from country to country, I don't think dairy milk can be called chocolate in some countries. It probably has to over a certain amount of cocoa or cocoa butter or something.

I remember some cheapo easter eggs which were "chocolate flavoured".

Wagon wheels have a "chocolate flavoured coating".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Does anyone know where I can purchase cheap small chocolate bars around the same size as animal bars. Its probably a wholesaler I am looking for.

Advice much appreciated.

Do you own a white van?

• Advertisement

mikom wrote: »
    Do you own a white van?
    No, Why?

No, plastic wrapper.

Sorry don't think they would do but if you had a picture you could post I can have a look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

No, Why?

No white van?
    Do you have any puppies?

mikom wrote: »
    No white van?
    Do you have any puppies?

Sorry, don't know what you are talking about?

I'll send you a PM on Monday :-) The Biull that is.

PM sent Bull

PM sent Bull

Just had a look but not what I was looking for. Thanks.

Advertisement