Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,781 ✭✭✭✭briany

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Big Bad Bart had huge potential after he won the Brawl for All tourney. They destroyed that then when he was put up against Butterbean at Wrestlemania.

Bart Gunn had little charisma in the WWE and just seemed to be one of those guys doomed to be lost in the shuffle. His winning the Brawl for All was impressive, but it was not exactly a breakout moment ala Austin 3:16. Fans, at that time just didn't care about legitimate tough guys as much as they wanted to be entertained by outrageous storylines. If they did, Steve Blackman and Ken Shamrock would have been way bigger. Gunn managed to get through the WWE roster in BfA, but that was a field of untrained boxers, really. When he came up against an actual competitor, he got knocked the F out.

Same has been said about Dr. Death Steve Williams, who also participated in the BFA. Touted as a big star, got creamed, never heard from again. Really, the whole tournament was a bad idea, and I can only imagine it caused friction backstage as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

The people on the SquaredCircle subreddit can be very unrealistic with their ideas.

The people on the SquaredCircle subreddit can be very unrealistic with their ideas.

Their blind hatred of Sheamus is a bit annoying, too. Like, all you have to do to get a few upvotes is post "F*ck Sheamus" apropos of nothing in a thread. Even if you find Sheamus unbearable, that kind of hive mind carry on is equally irritating.

My face when I heard Paige was going to be on Stone Cold's WWE Network podcast:
    kanye-west-blank-stare.gif

I realise she was replacing Hogan but surely you could think of somebody better than her! Who cares!?!

My face when I heard Paige was going to be on Stone Cold's WWE Network podcast:
    kanye-west-blank-stare.gif

I realise she was replacing Hogan but surely you could think of somebody better than her! Who cares!?!

Do we know whether it's the case that Paige was an emergency interview or she was just the next in the bank?

• Advertisement

I see no other reason why.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

I see no other reason why.

No way people could like something you don't.

Definitely not, totally implausible.

Have I upset you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Yea who wants to hear from the 22 year old female vet who comes from a wrestling family! A woman/diva who started the womens wrestling revolution last year on NXT and then in WWE. F*ck Paige :rolleyes:

Sorry lads.
    But at the end of the day, I'd pick Hulk Hogan over Paige.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

She was really good the two times she was on Jericho's podcast and is probably one of the better people I've seen that does Q&As at Comic Cons.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Realistically speaking, the standard of guests that Austin was going to get on his podcasts was always going to gradually diminish, there's nowhere but down from the McMahons I suppose, Paige is quite a drop off from his previous guests though circumstances left them in a predicament.

Realistically speaking, the standard of guests that Austin was going to get on his podcasts was always going to gradually diminish, there's nowhere but down from the McMahons I suppose, Paige is quite a drop off from his previous guests though circumstances left them in a predicament.
    This is what I'm saying, you go from Paul Heyman to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

I like Paige but following her on Instagram leads me to believe that she's the same as all the dolly birds she gives out about ...

It's something that bugs me on social media, women/ fellas taking pictures of themselves half naked....immediately I think "that person is a narcissistic pr!ck"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

See your point but it's best not to get too worked up on what someone in their early 20's says and does be it on social media or not. She plays a role as the anti diva but I'm sure she still has the same insecurities we all do or did at that age. Wouldn't say it's narcissism really.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

I like Paige but following her on Instagram leads me to believe that she's the same as all the dolly birds she gives out about ...

It's something that bugs me on social media, women/ fellas taking pictures of themselves half naked....immediately I think "that person is a narcissistic pr!ck"

I tend to not think bad things when Paige starts showing her arse off. Probably just me though... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

leggo wrote: »
    I tend to not think bad things when Paige starts showing her arse off. Probably just me though... :pac:

I tend to start thinking very bad things tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

I get your point but I think it's more a case of knowing your audience and fanbase.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Sorry lads.
    But at the end of the day, I'd pick Hulk Hogan over Paige.

Vbqhg.png

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Paige not "tasty" enough brother?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

When has she give out about others?

rovert wrote: »
    When has she give out about others?

Possibly referring to Paige's onscreen gripe with the Bellas?

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭billion dollar baby

An File wrote: »
    Vbqhg.png

Mature

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Mature

It's a joke meme ffs

An File wrote: »
    Vbqhg.png

0802ca5ad273029823f68d24b9f18934.jpeg

Just seen this for the first time, holy f*ck it has to be one of the best live performances for an entrance I've ever seen:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

My favourite live enterances have to be Punk at 'Mania 29 and Randy and Wyatt at 'Maina 30.

Rev Theory were garbage at 'Mania 30 but it looked so cool seeing Randy swagger down with the two titles and have the band playing him out.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Mature

Learn to laugh, dude. It was an obvious pisstake.

Every time a wrestler dies, I pray that they don't turn into the wrestling version of Paul Walker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,409 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Every time a wrestler dies, I pray that they don't turn into the wrestling version of Paul Walker.

What do you mean by that?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement