Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,080 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

With the whole thing with Hogan and WWE, I wonder when we'll get the much awaited return of Mr America

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

https://twitter.com/david_ramsey/status/631787478211555328

Please bring Diggle, please bring Diggle. I want the whole Arrow team there at Summerslam!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Brings us one step closer to seeing Felicity/Emily Bett in WWE!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Brings us one step closer to seeing Felicity/Emily Bett in WWE!! :D

Take my money!

• Registered Users Posts: 60,616 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Felicity - Lana face off.

Insert Southpark Randy pic

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

I have no idea who Stephen Amell is.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Well his show (Arrow, where he is the titular character and a superhero who does fit in well with the current Stardust/Neville storyline) is at least popular around the world so it isn't just a situation as we have seen before where he is someone only Americans know / care about.

Just his leap over the barricade and into the ring would make me think he would be capable enough for a couple of spots in a tag match.

Random Wrasslin' thought: Mark Henry's theme is underrated, any others you feel are underrated also?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Random Wrasslin' thought: Mark Henry's theme is underrated, any others you feel are underrated also?

The Broods, DDPs WcW theme, Christians in 2005(the original Waterproof Blonde track), Kane's when he was unmasked.

This:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

This!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I've always been a fan of Nexus "We Are One" theme.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Tssk

Devitt just needs a pair of wrap around shades to bestow upon random ringside children and we've got Hitman 2.0

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Tssk wrote: »
    Devitt just needs a pair of wrap around shades to bestow upon random ringside children and we've got Hitman 2.0

He's Jeff Hardy with none of the downsides and about 3000% more talent imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Tssk

Ah I was only half saying it in jest but with the leather jacket he had on recently in photos for nxt, his great technical ability, the looks and his less than stellar mic skills it brought to mind Bret a little.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

The #NetflixNeedsLucha movement appears to be gathering some steam online, and not just through Twitter.

There's a campaign over on Reddit, where you're encouraged to contact Netflix via their Live Chat service, to request Lucha Underground be added.

I spoke with a Customer Service rep there this morning, and he had spoken with some other customers earlier in the morning, who had also asked to add LU to the service. He forwarded my request for consideration also.

No harm flooding Netflix with requests, to give them (at least) an idea of the level of interest in the product. I think also, it would lead to a better chance for Season 2 to go ahead, with the same production values / presentation etc that we enjoyed in Season 1

• Registered Users Posts: 60,616 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Netflix do have a deal with the EL Ray Network for the From Dusk till Dawn series so there is a working relationship there.

Hopefully they can work out a deal to steam it weekly but if that can't be done hopefully they can show in season form.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Moneymaker wrote: »

The Broods, DDPs WcW theme, Christians in 2005(the original Waterproof Blonde track), Kane's when he was unmasked.
    Kane's when he was unmasked, is that Slow Chemical? Cause if so, I freaking love that one!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

A bit niche but Manu and Sim Snuka should've formed an islander style tag team when both where booted out of Legacy. Ted Di Biase pretended to join them to take on Orton and Cody Rhodes but turned on them immediately. Should've given them a run.

simsnuka.jpg?w=300&h=192

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Dunno about Sim, but I've heard Manu was an arrogant ass backstage who felt he didn't have to pay any dues, so it's not really surprising he didn't hang about long.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I think they could have done with bringing him back while Jey Uso is injured, to give Jimmy someone to team with. He's being poorly utilised on commentary on SmackDown I think.

I'm a fan of the Young Bucks. I think they have talent in spades and a lot of charisma but I see people moan about their use of superkicks because it's a finisher and about how since HBK retired everyone does Superkicks as a regular move.

Personally I believe there is a difference between a HBK Superkick and a super kick from someone else and that is the fact that Shawn didn't do a Superkick later in his career. He performed sweet chin music.

The difference being the "tuning of the band". In my head the use of a Superkick can only be considered a finishing maneuver if you "tune up the band" prior to hitting the move.

Therefore, Superkick parties and throwing out superkicks left and right are okay because it's not a finisher its like hitting a ddt

Sure why would you want to go to the WWE when you're making this much Ducats before you even sell a t-shirt!
    https://twitter.com/OSWreview/status/630167323173896192

So according to Google, Chris Benoit is actually 5'9 not 5'11 and Eddie Guerrero is nearly 5'7 (Wikipedia doesn't say his billed height). Never realised that to be honest.

They talk about billed heights on Wikipedia, but when do they ever come into play in wrestling? I know once in a while we get these "Tale Of The Tape" graphics but not much otherwise.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

So according to Google, Chris Benoit is actually 5'9 not 5'11 and Eddie Guerrero is nearly 5'7 (Wikipedia doesn't say his billed height). Never realised that to be honest.

Yeah heights and weights are really a mindfield. WWE goes kicks of exaggerate everything to everything has to be legit which makes it harder. I always enjoy seeing fake 7fters stand beside real ones. Big Cass once threw a tantrum as one of the old NXT announcers Tony Dawson as Tony called him 6ft 9in (his real height).

• Registered Users Posts: 29,080 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So they can teach (announcing the wrong) height. Enzo's been lying to us!

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So they can teach (announcing the wrong) height. Enzo's been lying to us!

And you can teach that!

• Advertisement

I wonder is the family connection between Snoop and Sasha Banks going to be played up more.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement