Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

764dak wrote: »
    Although, I agree Brock would win you can't judge a guy by his size.

Yoshi Tatsu beat up Sheamus in a real fight. Chris Jericho beat up Goldberg. Booker T beat up Batista.

“It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.”

link to any stories or background to these please

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

montyrebel wrote: »
    link to any stories or background to these please

The Jericho one is vastly exaggerated and he says so himself in his first autobiography 'Around the World in Spandex'. Caught Goldberg in a lucky chokehold.

Booker T and Batista clashed before a Summerslam Promo where Batista's ego allegedly led to a scrap. Book milled him and they were separated. They went again and Booker came out on top the second time too. Apparently Big Dave lost face big time here.

The Tatsu/Sheamus one I'm not too familiar with but I believe it was while they were down in developmental in Florida and rooming together. An argument over a blender or something!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Jericho did drop Goldberg backstage in 2003, Yoshi apparently layed the smackdown to Sheamus when he and Ted DiBiase Jr and Sheamus lived together when they were in FCW. Theres no proof of this however as neither man has ever spoken of it. Sheamus was stealing the other guys food is the story.

In a real sanctioned fight though, Goldberg would cream Jericho and Sheamus would disfigure Tatsu.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Jericho did drop Goldberg backstage in 2003

Drop him? He guillotined him, he didn`t floor him with a punch or even choke him out. Wasn`t Matt Hardy choked out by Eve Torres

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

GTR63 wrote: »
    Drop him? He guillotined him, he didn`t floor him with a punch or even choke him out. Wasn`t Matt Hardy choked out by Eve Torres

And JBL was sparked by the King of Extreme........ Joey Styles

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭LOTD

Jericho did drop Goldberg backstage in 2003, Yoshi apparently layed the smackdown to Sheamus when he and Ted DiBiase Jr and Sheamus lived together when they were in FCW. Theres no proof of this however as neither man has ever spoken of it. Sheamus was stealing the other guys food is the story.

In a real sanctioned fight though, Goldberg would cream Jericho and Sheamus would disfigure Tatsu.
    Your theory is kind off, they were legit fights outside the ring.

The hilarious story about Jericho is that he managed to get him in a choke hold, and then when Goldberg has the chance to knock his head off, he starts pulling at Jericho's hair :P

Sheamus is just a bodybuilder, he is just a trained pro wrestler. Tatsu was trained in a Japanese dojo, which they get a good grounding in shoot fighting skills

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Manning3000

Flicking through channels chris hero on tv3 on nothing to declare oz as he had a wrong visa to compete, few years old but very random

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Flicking through channels chris hero on tv3 on nothing to declare oz as he had a wrong visa to compete, few years old but very random

Seen that one before. As best I can recall, he was totally laid back despite being told he went all that way for nothing. I'd be flipping. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Manning3000

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Seen that one before. As best I can recall, he was totally laid back despite being told he went all that way for nothing. I'd be flipping. :pac:

Ya very calm and polite, got it sorted in the end and defended the pwg title over there, gentleman by all accounts. What bad attitude in the back pfft?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

LOTD wrote: »
    Your theory is kind off, they were legit fights outside the ring.

The hilarious story about Jericho is that he managed to get him in a choke hold, and then when Goldberg has the chance to knock his head off, he starts pulling at Jericho's hair :P

Sheamus is just a bodybuilder, he is just a trained pro wrestler. Tatsu was trained in a Japanese dojo, which they get a good grounding in shoot fighting skills

+1 , Goldberg tried to floor the smaller Jericho but couldn't. He twice went for him and twice got caught in a guillotine. Jericho says he was just lucky that Goldberg didn't know how to fight as he was struggling to hold him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I don't like Triple H's obsession with business talk on TV. Talking about ratings and PPV buyrates is a backstage thing, which if anything, should be saved for newsletters and podcasts. Kayfabe and entertainment-wise, why would fans care about if WWE is doing slightly better or worse? Why would anyone believe what they say outside a shareholders meeting anyway?

I get "business" is the crutch to be a heel authority figure but it's a very boring crutch. "Randy's the face of WWE! We want you to want Bryan to be the face of WWE!" Oh shut up, Cena's the face of the business. :mad::pac:

jaykhunter wrote: »
    I don't like Triple H's obsession with business talk on TV. Talking about ratings and PPV buyrates is a backstage thing, which if anything, should be saved for newsletters and podcasts. Kayfabe and entertainment-wise, why would fans care about if WWE is doing slightly better or worse? Why would anyone believe what they say outside a shareholders meeting anyway?

I get "business" is the crutch to be a heel authority figure but it's a very boring crutch. "Randy's the face of WWE! We want you to want Bryan to be the face of WWE!" Oh shut up, Cena's the face of the business. :mad::pac:

You should listen to Wade Keller on the Steve Austin podcast, they go into this and the amount of times WWE have jumped the shark this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

So you complain about them talking about buyrates and ratings on the show, giving out that it's not Kayfabe, and then when they try and do something Kayfabe (i.e. saying Orton is the face of the WWE) you complain about them not telling it as it is? That's just a tad hypocritical!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    So you complain about them talking about buyrates and ratings on the show, giving out that it's not Kayfabe, and then when they try and do something Kayfabe (i.e. saying Orton is the face of the WWE) you complain about them not telling it as it is? That's just a tad hypocritical!

I think you've misinterpreted my post. I said kayfabe-wise "why would fans care if WWE are doing better or worse?". I'd like to know.
    Besides saying "Orton's the face of WWE" is factually incorrect, I'm complaining that business terms are used as a vehicle for storylines.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Clemantis

Random thought that popped into my head while out walking; R-Truth is on a 3 match winning streak.

Clemantis wrote: »
    Random thought that popped into my head while out walking; R-Truth is on a 3 match winning streak.

Who's Next? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Random Fact time: Chris Sabin is the only man to hold all three versions of the X-Division title. The original with the big massive red X, the cool looking second version and the current blue.... thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Marley Brothers

Reminds me of this

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

I think you've misinterpreted my post. I said kayfabe-wise "why would fans care if WWE are doing better or worse?". I'd like to know.
    Besides saying "Orton's the face of WWE" is factually incorrect, I'm complaining that business terms are used as a vehicle for storylines.
    WHAT? You are saying the exact same thing! Like just because Cena is the real face of the WWE, why would they care if he was put in that position in Kayfabe? Like if you want it to be Kayfabe, then you have to ignore the real world sh1t like who carries the company and buy-rates and crap like that. If you want realism then you have to put up with Cena being champ for the next 5 years and Hunter talking up buy-rates and crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭764dak

I'm tired of rematches and the same people over and over. They should have more random matches.

Not enough wrestlers are being utilized on the roster. Guys like Ted DiBiase are not even injured.

Just a few months ago in September Big Show easily dominated Daniel Bryan in a one on one matchup so it's laughable that people thought that Bryan deserved the title/title shot.

I don't even like the idea of this WWE/World Heavyweight Championship match at TLC. It just seems they only them to switch titles so Cena gets the WWE title.

It's funny how John Cena only started to appear on Smackdown because he became WHC even though the brand split ended in 2011. What is even funnier that up until recently the superstars and divas were still listed by his or her brand on WWE.com.

Well, at least it's not TNA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

764dak wrote: »
    Guys like Ted DiBiase are not even injured.

He quit a few months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭764dak

Charisteas wrote: »
    He quit a few months ago.

Oh okay. He probably quit because he wasn't doing anything. I think I read somewhere he was upset that he wasn't being used.

Its a fair point. When Raw went to three hours I was hoping we would get to see more of the undercard - guys like Yoshi Tatsu, Justin Gabriel, Tyson Kidd, Sin Cara, Hunico, Evan Bourne, Wade Barrett etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Don't forget JTG

6 years 197 days

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Remember when Cryme Tyme were hanging with Cena, and Zack Ryder too, wouldn't want to be that guys friend

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Remember when Cryme Tyme were hanging with Cena, and Zack Ryder too, wouldn't want to be that guys friend

Evan Bourne too

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Great newsbit from an archived Wrestling Observer Newsletter from September 1996:
    Real story. A woman called the WCW offices last week complaining because her five year old had spray painted NWO on her one year old.

Don't forget about B-squared!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Paul Bearer = Pall-bearer. I don't know how I never thought of that before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Angron wrote: »
    Paul Bearer = Pall-bearer. I don't know how I never thought of that before.

I was the same til about 1999, it just dawned on me one day

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement