Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Just looking at the Bálor Club t-shirts I started thinking.

Which wrestlers from NXT and the main roster would suit Bálor as members of the Bálor Club should creative decide to go with it.

Or with what looks like the starts of a work relationship with NJPW would the WWE bring in the Bullet Club for a run with Bálor.

Or with talks of AJ maybe doing a Samoa Joe with NXT would the WWE & NJPW be up for a battle for control of the Bullet Club between AJ & Bálor.

Or a Bálor Club vs Bullet Club war.

If they are truly that openminded now that would be brilliant. HHH deserves a lot of credit. The element of surprise has been so sadly missing in recent years. They are so deprived of major stars that guys like AJ and Bullet Club showing up on Raw would get a huge reaction (if it was in the right arena)

It seems like the majority of RAW audiences are now internet fans. A big reception on tv is what its all about.

Vince McMahon is one of the most charismatic people in the history of wrestling and a brilliant businessman but he f*cking sucks at booking/writing shows in 2015.

So many wrestlers would be way more over if he hasn't buried them

Strowman has a great look.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Angron wrote: »
    Whoever decided New Jack's music should play throughout his matches should be shot. It's incredibly annoying watching, I usually end up skipping them on the network.

Didn't he come up with that idea himself?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

rovert wrote: »
    Johnny, Kenny, and Mikey reunited in CHIKARA last year:

tumblr_nc83dpMlPF1rg89a6o1_1280.jpg?.jpg

Is the guy with the X over his face Christian?
    Doing that gimmick Vince suggested.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,617 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I'd have no problem with Sting and The Dudley Boyz winning the titles.

Braun Strowman is someone Bobby Heenan would have managed in the 80's and built for 6 months to a year as a monster then fed to Hogan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

They should drop Strowman from his name & just call him Braun.

Wrestling needs more managers with stables of wrestlers.

One Top Guy, One Tag Team , One Mid Card Guy and One Jobber kind of Stables.

Jim Cornette, Bobby Heenan, Mr Fuji, Jimmy Hart were always great at getting one top guy and group lower midcard guys over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

How about this then :

Maddox Inc.
    Manager : Brad Maddox
    Top Guy : Randy Orton
    Mid Card Guy : Cesaro
    Tag Team : Blake & Murphy
    Jobber : Adam Rose/Leo Kruger

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

That would be a dream of a stable. I saw Adam Rose on Superstars this week, coming out to no music and cutting a promo on the Universe.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I still can't fathom how David Otunga is still employed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

As far as I know he's a lawyer for them in some capacity and he's a good ambassador to have (also he'd have ties to showbiz with the wife)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Well, fiance, they aren't actually married. But on the showbiz ties thing, for that to really be a thing surely he'd be doing something, not just hosting a show a lot of people wont watch where he just wears stupidly small shirts and vests.

David Otunga as a manager I could get behind that.

I really enjoy him on the Pre-Show every week. I can't think of any reason not to watch it like.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

You know why!!

14421%20-%20autoplay_gif%20gif%20vince_mcmahon%20wbf%20wwf.gif

Jay what the HELL was that?! :) I really hope that footage of Vince in the WBF isn't real ha ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

That Gary Strydom gif will always be my all time fav

Just did a Google of Gary Strydom there, it's all coming back to me. You've got to want it - ICOPRO!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I had a wrestling related dream last night (weird I know) and the commentators mentioned that Wyatt Family member Erick Rowan will be back soon. Do you think he will/should join back with the clan? I'd like to see him and Harper back as the Reapers and take on the Dudley Boys. Could be a nice irony to it also with Bray as a kind of Joel Gertner (in ECW for the Dudleys) and Braun Strowman as the Big Dick monster. Also, you had Harper and Rowan on a great run before the injury AND they were using the 3D and calling it 'The Way'. I badly think they deserve a run with the tag titles.

Then when the Uso's get back that would inject another angle into it while keeping PTP, Lucha Dragons and New Day in the mix too and Tyson Kidd/Cesaro too if they reform... Maybe Enzo and Cass too.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Goddang, just realized they changed Brock Lesnar's opponent at the MSG show to.... The Big Show!

one of the major selling points behind a show like this for me anyway is Brock vs someone we have never seen him face before.... Big Show FFS! they literally could have picked anyone else and i'd have preferred it.

• Advertisement

beakerjoe wrote: »
    That Gary Strydom gif will always be my all time fav

GARY STRYDOM WOWWWWW! Take a look at that! Look at the striations! Oooh!

Goddang, just realized they changed Brock Lesnar's opponent at the MSG show to.... The Big Show! one of the major selling points behind a show like this for me anyway is Brock vs someone we have never seen him face before.... Big Show FFS! they literally could have picked anyone else and i'd have preferred it.

My thoughts exactly. Show is my least favourite wrestler. I'm done with him. I hope they hide in him in the tag division (obvs tucking him away on Smackdown or not on TV at all would be great!)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Goddang, just realized they changed Brock Lesnar's opponent at the MSG show to.... The Big Show!

one of the major selling points behind a show like this for me anyway is Brock vs someone we have never seen him face before.... Big Show FFS! they literally could have picked anyone else and i'd have preferred it.

Literally anyone but Big Show would have been better. They should have stuck Kofi back in again sure, their match in Japan was fun for what it was

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

But the real question is how will lesnar pick big show up for the F5 :pac:

Aww, I hoped Bo Dallas would get back on TV. Even if it's getting killed. I really like his gimmick, it's a shame he's just a lower tier wrestler. He's money!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Loughc wrote: »
    But the real question is how will lesnar pick big show up for the F5 :pac:

He's a giant! No one can throw him over the top rope! suplex a giant!

The real question is will they do another collapsing ring gimmick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

It's probably the Vince McMahon "bigger is better" mindset which lead to Big Show getting the Lesnar match it being The Garden and all. Would have loved if Cesaro or Owens got the match.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

just realized they changed Brock Lesnar's opponent at the MSG show to.... The Big Show!

I love it. So fresh and gives the up and comer some exposure. Plus the placid New York crowd will give him lots of encouragement.

• Advertisement

Part of me is really looking forward to seeing Edge & Christian on the Austin Podcast tonight but another part of me feels like two middle aged truly retired guys won't be that interesting at all.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement