Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Rollins should go babyface soon tbh.

He's played out as a heel(he's still awesome but i've seen all he has to offer really) and everyone wants to cheer him. Dude would be an amazing babyface.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I firmly believe that if Sheamus cashes in on him, it would benefit him greatly for a babyface turn. Sheamus isn't the kind of heel that people cheer on because he's so cool like.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,409 ✭✭✭Riddle101

If Sheamus does cash in, and he wins it, and then he manages to hold it till the end of the year, then that means that a heel has held the WWE World Championship all year long. First Lesnar who was more or less a heel champion until after Wrestlmania, then Seth Rollins won it and has held it since, so if Sheamus holds it for the rest of the year then it will be one whole year the WWE World Title was in the hands of a heel, although if you add in Lesnar's whole reign then it's like a year and a half. Also, If Sheamus manages to hold it till Wrestlmania then it will be one whole year of the title being held by a MITB winner. First by Rollins who cashed in at Wrestlmania, and then by Sheamus.

Either way, I think a face champion is long over due. I'm guessing Reigns will be the next face to hold it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Riddle101 wrote: »
    If Sheamus does cash in, and he wins it, and then he manages to hold it till the end of the year, then that means that a heel has held the WWE World Championship all year long. First Lesnar who was more or less a heel champion until after Wrestlmania, then Seth Rollins won it and has held it since, so if Sheamus holds it for the rest of the year then it will be one whole year the WWE World Title was in the hands of a heel, although if you add in Lesnar's whole reign then it's like a year and a half. Also, If Sheamus manages to hold it till Wrestlmania then it will be one whole year of the title being held by a MITB winner. First by Rollins who cashed in at Wrestlmania, and then by Sheamus.

Either way, I think a face champion is long over due. I'm guessing Reigns will be the next face to hold it.

John Cena says hi :pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Moneymaker wrote: »

To the us championship ;)

I actually can't see Cena winning the big one again. I reckon 2016 will be the year he progress into more of a special attraction/ part timer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Just about to read beakerjoe's piece on Damien Sandow now. I read in places it wasn't his time to win the World Heavyweight Championship against John Cena that time, but I don't agree.

It wasnt his time, they were planning to unify teh titles so Cena made more sense, which was a pity but logical. What wasnt logical was Sandows fall from grace afterwards.

Rollins should go babyface soon tbh.

He's played out as a heel(he's still awesome but i've seen all he has to offer really) and everyone wants to cheer him. Dude would be an amazing babyface.

I disagree that everyone wants to cheer for him. He plays teh chicken **** heel well, but its the booking which holds him back. Having him lose a lot and only win via interfernce (not even cheating,just through run ins mostly from Kane, J&J and John Stewart. ) does nothing for his stature and credibility. Hesa great heel but the booking lets him down.

I firmly believe that if Sheamus cashes in on him, it would benefit him greatly for a babyface turn. Sheamus isn't the kind of heel that people cheer on because he's so cool like.

Half of my ATH idea.

Great minds think alike I guess Joe. I've been saying that on here for quite a while now anyway.

Great minds think alike I guess Joe. I've been saying that on here for quite a while now anyway.

Im not mad on the idea of him being a top guy myself, he only has the briefcase because they wanted to swerve people on the obvious and more logical Roman Reigns win and have now booked themselves into a corner.

But if your going to have him cash in and win, surely Sheamus being the authority's next guy would be a huge boost to him.

• Advertisement

I'm looking forward to it because it's something that we won't have seen before, if he sides with the Authority. We haven't Sheamus in the main event in a couple of years now too so there's a few feuds and matches that we could get which aren't already done to death.

I'm looking forward to it because it's something that we won't have seen before, if he sides with the Authority. We haven't Sheamus in the main event in a couple of years now too so there's a few feuds and matches that we could get which aren't already done to death.

Im not, I think that while he can wrestle and have good matches, his character is so bland and his delivery is ever so pantomime esque that I cant warm to him as a top guy.

I think if he has Stephanie McMahon with him he could be pretty entertaining. I've enjoyed him since he changed over into this role. The John Cena-lite thing was getting a bit boring now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Just not liking Sheamus at all at the minute character and promo wise. Hes good in ring but ive found myself groaning when i see him come on the tv. I will not be a happy man once he cashes in cause i cant see him losing the cash in attempt

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I disagree that everyone wants to cheer for him. He plays teh chicken **** heel well, but its the booking which holds him back. Having him lose a lot and only win via interfernce (not even cheating,just through run ins mostly from Kane, J&J and John Stewart. ) does nothing for his stature and credibility. Hesa great heel but the booking lets him down.

I'd love to see Rollins as a p*ssed off, vengeful after sheamus cashes in.

Let him put on some proper matches and rip through the roster and build credibility for a face turn with the title

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Imagine him in a suit with the mohawk & braided beard standing beside HHH & Stephanie as he holds the belt above a fallen foe. I think he'd get a lot of heat, and not necessarily go away heat like Big Show since Sheamus can back it up in the ring.

If he's the champion with his current character it'll flop imo, if he becomes Triple H's new guy I think it could be very good as all of the 'smart fans' think of him as a HHH guy anyway.

That's what I was thinking too. In reality he probably got the briefcase in the first place because he's a Triple H ally. I know I definitely thought that when he won it. Ha ha, I was so happy he won the thing at the time because I made a nice bit of money on that result. If he suits up and becomes a worse coward it's going to really work well for Seth Rollins I think.

That's what I was thinking too. In reality he probably got the briefcase in the first place because he's a Triple H ally. I know I definitely thought that when he won it. Ha ha, I was so happy he won the thing at the time because I made a nice bit of money on that result. If he suits up and becomes a worse coward it's going to really work well for Seth Rollins I think.

If only they went with Kofi to win MITB, he would be a much more fun route

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

Remember subtle heel Adrian Neville in the Sami Zayn feud at the end of last year? man that was great stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

cian68 wrote: »
    Remember subtle heel Adrian Neville in the Sami Zayn feud at the end of last year? man that was great stuff.

I actually loved that whole thing, they had him become slightly heelish but never actually cheating or crossing the line. Kicking Sami's handshake away only to hug him a second later was pure gold as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

NXT without Owens is really suffering for me. Finn is absolutely terribly bland at the moment and he's not progressed at all on the mic which is a shame. He needs a good foil

• Registered Users Posts: 8,409 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Not really, the point I was making was that if Sheamus wins it off Rollins, then it will be the third consecutive time the WWE World Title was held by a heel. But also if Sheamus holds it to Wrestlmania then it would be about a year and 8 months since it was held by a face. Of course it's pure speculation on my part, merely a bold prediction but I think the next WWE World Champion after Sheamus should be a face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

A woman I work with wants to go to the WWE November shows because of Total Divas.

I wonder has this happened a lot where women who have no interest whatsoever go to shows because of the Divas show?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,915 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Channel4 having wwe ppvs was the WORST decision ever made. I remember them not being live but never knew why until i looked it up last night.

They didn't know what they were getting apparently. So no one person in channel 4 towers had watched the product in the late nineties ?

beakerjoe wrote: »
    If only they went with Kofi to win MITB, he would be a much more fun route
    No I don't think so. I think The New Day are perfect where they are at the moment. I was almost anticipating a cash-in attempt last night. Where was Sheamus?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Channel4 having wwe ppvs was the WORST decision ever made. I remember them not being live but never knew why until i looked it up last night.

They didn't know what they were getting apparently. So no one person in channel 4 towers had watched the product in the late nineties ?

I totally forgot this. They also used to show Heat on Sunday afternoons and I couldn't figure out why it was called Sunday night Heat!

Did they have an issue with the ppv content?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Itssoeasy wrote: »

They took ad breaks during Rumble entrances and all!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

They used to have ad breaks as well, which were totally sickening

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Something that winds me up - when the Dudley Boyz do the Whassup move and the referee just stands there looking on. Ref, it's a low blow. Don't just stand there looking at it.

I like the move a lot, but I wish they would have the referee turn away while they do it. I was under the impression this is what happened when they did the move during their first run in WWE. That the ref's back would be turned while they did it. But maybe I'm mistaken.

It just really takes me out of enjoying a match when I see a ref standing there looking at D-Von headbutting a guy in the BALLS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭deadybai

Something that winds me up - when the Dudley Boyz do the Whassup move and the referee just stands there looking on. Ref, it's a low blow. Don't just stand there looking at it.

I like the move a lot, but I wish they would have the referee turn away while they do it. I was under the impression this is what happened when they did the move during their first run in WWE. That the ref's back would be turned while they did it. But maybe I'm mistaken.

It just really takes me out of enjoying a match when I see a ref standing there looking at D-Von headbutting a guy in the BALLS.

I think its meant to be in the lower abdomen thats why its legal.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement