Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

watched table for 3 and it brought me to this :pac:

is this the definition of wrestle crap ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Omackeral wrote: »
    The Midcard Mafia. I think Curt Hawkins and Tyler Reks used that unofficially,maybe with one or two others. Maybe even the great JTG.

Ah bless them if they thought they were midcard :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I don't understand why I am being zeroed in on in this discussion.

I've re-read back through the last 2 pages and I think this isn't a fair appraisal. Maybe there's something in the water today! If u have a prob with a poster, PM them to hash it out. Or don't, your call.

That said I agree with you that if wrestlers went out and wrestled their own way, it'd be great. Tough to argue that one. Watching 2001 with non-wwf originals (Benoit Jericho Regal etc) is a breathe of fresh air.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

To me it feels like if someone disagrees with someone else on here, they go out of their way to prove the other person wrong. Maybe I'm wrong there. However, I feel that I was being incited ever so slightly by Frank O. Pinion and the other poster who placed some of what I said in inverted commas, which automatically changes the way it is viewed in a different light I think. Anyway, I'm done with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭billion dollar baby

Lads it's just a wrestling forum. We're all just chatting shïte really.

Sunshine lollipops and rainbows everywhere...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Myself and a few of the mods have been chatting about a few posts above. Lets nip it in the bud please. If you have an issue with another user, either PM and try and straighten it out, or use the igniore function (not a fan of using that tbh).

One way or other, any sniping or passive agression will be dealt with by cards and or bans.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

To me it feels like if someone disagrees with someone else on here, they go out of their way to prove the other person wrong. Maybe I'm wrong there. However, I feel that I was being incited ever so slightly by Frank O. Pinion and the other poster who placed some of what I said in inverted commas, which automatically changes the way it is viewed in a different light I think. Anyway, I'm done with this.

This happens on every single forum on the internet & is not a case of proving someone wrong, it is a case of arguing the points of discussion & their own opinion. It's very possible to argue a point without targeting the poster & 90% of the time this is what happens on the PW forum. If they're not doing this then report the post & let the mods deal with it instead of changing the topic to make out as if you've been personally attacked. You're entitled to think/like/post what you want about the show just like everyone else is entitled to counter this. Lee didn't agree with your stance of not caring what casual fans think of the show and made good points to back this up - he absolutely did not zero in on you.

Just a word of advice, don't take everything to heart. At the end of the day we're all just wrestling fans having a chat.

EDIT: Just seen the mod post, apologies.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

If we all had the same thoughts, views and opinions,this site would be a much boring place.

and from my own experience, the majority of peeps on here are great. From Omackeral, MoneyMaker,JP Liz, Bounty Hunter, DM7, Mr Nice Guy, Botsonbrab, Jay Hunter, Rovert, Brad maddox Guy, GNFNRhead and Shagnasti and many many others, Ive had different views and argued with them all at one stage and it makes for great discussions and made some great friends in the process. The lads on here by in large all intellegent and have great manners and rspect for each other. Its why I post here and not other places.

PW Boards - A lovely bunch of lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

"That sirsok guy is great too"

Ah thanks I'm blushing :)

Thread locked for a while so we can all move on

• Advertisement

Opened again. No more petty squabbling please folks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

I miss Shane McMahon.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,920 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Would the company be in a different place creative wise had Shane stayed on with wwe ? I think it would be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Heard a rumor that shane o mac was buying stephanies shares in the company and was coming back in 2016

Most definitely. He wanted ECW as an online exclusive in like '05. He always seemed like the most in tune with modern society. Heyman says in his doc that Shane almost bought ECW in 2000 as a beginning point to show Vince he could take over from him when ready, eerily similar to the HHH NXT situation now. He also made a play for Pride I think just before or just after the UFC hit big with The Ultimate Fighter Finale between Griffin and Bonnor.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

random thought:

who else fits in this group - Vince McMahon, Donald Trump, Arnold Schwarzenegger...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

random thought:

who else fits in this group - Vince McMahon, Donald Trump, Arnold Schwarzenegger...

Jesse Ventura

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I really hope Dudley Boys return will convince Hardy Boys to return to WWE at some stage. They always have "never say never" response when people ask them if they will ever return to WWE.

random thought:

Hulk Hogan

mxph3 wrote: »
    I really hope Dudley Boys return will convince Hardy Boys to return to WWE at some stage. They always have "never say never" response when people ask them if they will ever return to WWE.

Dont think its a matter of convincing the Hardys, Id say WWE dont wanna touch either Matt or Jeff as both are a mental breakdown or drug scandal waiting to happen.

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Jesse Ventura

Going the political route I see
    LeeJM wrote: »
    Hulk Hogan

def a big name like the others but I dunno...

actually I dunno what my original idea was, as said it fit the title and was a random wrasslin thought (at least in as much as it relates to Vince), that said i'll go for Hugh Hefner although his link to WWE is a little more tenuous.

All Rich, old, womanizers with an interest in Politics and the the media who have had some crossover with each others products.

Schwarzenegger will host the next apprentice and has done several things with WWE, been to the PB mansion several times. Trump worked Wrestlemania, had Vince and Diva's appear on The Apprentice and even had an apprentice task reward before at "his friend" Hugh Hefners Mansion. Hugh also had many WWE Diva's in his magazine.

I'd imagine if it wasn't to include wrestling folk that'd be the ideal lineup for a Vince McMahon birthday party with Hef obviously hosting and bringing along several bunnies.

• Advertisement

Ok well heres another name then with a link to WWE and possibly fits the criteria Regis Philbin

yeah Regis would fit in nicely with that group, saw him on loads of apprentice things too and no doubt he has interviewed Arnie / likes hot young woman

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

I would love if Orton came back in a few months with a new gimmick, ala sting 97.
    He could be the last hope to get rid of the authority, Punk failed, Bryan failed, Cena failed etc. would make great sense if the authority started ulitlizing the Wyatts. Maybe Steph was sister Abigail? I know I'm basically rehashing corporation/ministry of darkness, but I think with a new spin on it, that it could work. Have some mysterious figure stalking the authority, before it is revealed it's orton under a new gimmick. Like Hardy has willow and Balor has the demon, Orton could be The Viper ( his ould lady may have worms...hardy bucks reference)

His current gimmick is stale, as a face everything he does seems forced and he is a natural heel, so a dark version of himself as a face would suit. He has flip floped a bit between face/heel but he has essentially been the same guy since he started , same pose, same moves. It would be an interesting angle, which could also be use to bring Sting back into the fold, someone who helped Orton reach his dark side , a mentor who has tried to get rid of the authority but has been unsuccessfull due to his age, so he passes the responsibility onto someone who can get it done.

Obviously the authority would really have to start exerting their power for a while, but if the Wyatts are in cohoots, aswell as the champion Rollins, it would make for a nice change to the main event scene.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Kudos on the HRdy Bucks reference - Love that show!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

LeeJM wrote: »
    Hulk Hogan

Dont think its a matter of convincing the Hardys, Id say WWE dont wanna touch either Matt or Jeff as both are a mental breakdown or drug scandal waiting to happen.

In all of fairness Hardy Boys are in better state now compared to 4 or 5 years ago. Jeff has stayed clean ever since after his infamous Victory Road incident and Matt is doing fine as well after his weird criptic videos from a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

CRtuF5WUEAA5pUN.0.jpg

Tempting.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,004 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Is that just a logo on the picture or is that black WWE patch stitched on?

Congrats to ICW, they have sold out a 5,000 seat venue (SECC) a month in advance with only one import (Rhino) scheduled. Absolutely amazing business.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

Is that just a logo on the picture or is that black WWE patch stitched on?

Normally stitched on, it's a bit annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

in case people don't get the pony reference

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement