Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

was aj lee a bit of a bike backstage in her day ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

ricero wrote: »
    was aj lee a bit of a bike backstage in her day ?

On-screen she went through many men but I haven't heard anything to suggest she went around, not like Lita and that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

jaykhunter wrote: »
    On-screen she went through many men but I haven't heard anything to suggest she went around, not like Lita and that.

sure did lita not just go through fatt hardy and edge :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Punk had a go on her as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Lita's 'famous' for performing sexual acts to get free wrestling training, and the whole ECW locker-room

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

I think AJ just went out with EC3 back when he was a nobody in WWE before Punk (Jay Lethal engagement aside). There was a lot of speculation about her & Ziggler when they were on-screen together but I think that turned out to just be decent kayfabe marketing by WWE.

Random thought linked to Stephanie McMahon thread; WWE missed out by not doing AJ vs Steph. AJ was very popular with crowds & off the back of winning the belt from Kaitlyn in an actual decent diva's match/feud at the time, they teased her vs Stephanie. This eventually ended up being Stephanie vs Brie but imo Stephanie vs AJ would have been a much more interesting match & a feud with greater potential fallout instead of the terrible Nikki & Brie family feud that we ended up with. Might have allowed the "revolution" take place a bit more naturally too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

LeeJM wrote: »
    Congrats to ICW, they have sold out a 5,000 seat venue (SECC) a month in advance with only one import (Rhino) scheduled. Absolutely amazing business.

No greater confirmation of the PW boom in the UK over the last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,619 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I wonder is there a Kliq of younger wrestlers behind the scenes that could do the same as the old Kliq and drag wrestling out of its slump and create a new boom by any means necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

Closest you'd have would be Steen/Zayn/Cesaro/Ambrose/Rollins I suppose.

Indie wrecking crew!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Having the Indie guys band together against the current status quo, although done before with The Nexus, would be quiet interesting, how it could be started is the problem.. Would imagine it would require retconning what Rollins did to Ambrose & Reigns, and it would require a Rollins face turn/defecting from The Authority...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

I dont see it happening but the whole roster needs a serious shake up. A mega heel group might do it. Without thinking too much Id blatantly copy the NWO angle of 2 or 3 big names say Randy Orton, Kevin Owens and Sheamus destroying everyone in 3 on 1 attacks, baseball bat attacks, just like I say blatantly rip off the NWO. Have them tease a fourth man/leader of the gang and build a PPV and have John Cena as the fourth man. Hell even make Heyman their mouthpiece ala Bischoff. Just do something to change the staleness of the company.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

1996 revisited. Cole: "Here comes John Cena!" JBL: "But whose side is he on?"

I actually think that'd be great, feck that it's all been done before it's nearly 20 years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Jesus it is nearly 20 years ago!! Scary. A píssed off heel faction of Cena, Orton, Owens and Sheamus would be great. Hell even throw Ryback, Ziggler and The Usos in as disillusioned faces who eventually join them. If WWE could create a Goldberg (Reigns?), a DDP (Sami Zayn?) and a Sting (Balor?) from that storyline they would be in a much better situation than they are now.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I was listening to Jericho interviewing the Dudley Boyz and they were talking about Spike Dudley and it got me thinking it would be pretty cool if they brought Spike back and threw him into the feud with The New Day. It would give the feud a lift as it seems to have waned the last while.

Every year around Survivor Series I say to myself Im going to try and stay away from wrestling news sites etc up until Wrestlemania and see would I get more enjoyment out of the product?

Granted the product has been awful.

But not knowing when people are due to debut, whos next in line for a title shot, plans for WM 4 months in advance etc. Could it improve it a little bit?

With my interest at an 18 year low at this stage, this could be the year :P

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Vision of Disorder

Every year around Survivor Series I say to myself Im going to try and stay away from wrestling news sites etc up until Wrestlemania and see would I get more enjoyment out of the product?

I've done it several times and, even now, only use this site a bit. It does help a bit but I've drifted dangerously away again the last couple of months.

I've actually been thinking about it quite a bit recently. It's only a few years (3-4 I'd guess) since I was watching Raw, Smackdown, NxT and even Superstars every week as well as all PPVs and the occasional Main Event, Saturday Morning Slam. I watched Impact weekly and TNA's PPVs then too. Maybe that was overkill.

It's been sort of a war of attrition since then (and I've dropped away for a month or two a few times too). Obviously Superstars was first to go, then TNA around the time that they basically booked Sting as Heath Ledger's Joker. Smackdown fell by the wayside and even Raw and, to a lesser extent, NxT have become things I watch sometimes now rather than a key part of my week.

Sure my life has changed quite a bit in that time, I've changed home towns and jobs twice, have two nieces now that I try and spend a lot of time with, co-habited for a while. All things that have, I suppose, eaten into my free time. But still, plenty of other hobbies have gone undamaged (or certainly less damaged) in that time. It has to be an indictment of how interested I am in the current wrestling product though that I have rewatched plenty of box sets in the last year instead of giving those extra few hours to wrestling? Before something has always happened to bring me back but I have to say I don't see where it's going to come from this time!

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

I've stopped watching Raw. I just watch NXT/NJPW and the odd indie show.

Just watched all 3 nights of PWG BOLA 2015 and it was phenomenal.

When I need a break from WWE I can normally reinvigorate my interest fairly easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Reebrock

I was listening to Jericho interviewing the Dudley Boyz and they were talking about Spike Dudley and it got me thinking it would be pretty cool if they brought Spike back and threw him into the feud with The New Day. It would give the feud a lift as it seems to have waned the last while.

I like this in theory, but can / does Spike even wrestle anymore?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I decided to watch WrestleMania 28 on Network. I still think HHH vs. Undertaker was incredible match, but HIAC was kinda pointless in the match.

Oh yes, I can't help but notice the Ciano 316 sign in the crowd throughout the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,787 ✭✭✭✭briany

Russo emailing Vince, offering to help write RAW again, was a little sad. He sent an e-mail that most likely will never get read, unless he has some private address of Vince's, but I doubt that.

RAW is dogged with many problems at the moment, but one problem I don't think they have is being filled with uncreative people. Rather, the creative people they do have are not allowed to do their stuff. WWE is dragged down by committee thinking, and erring way too hard on the side of caution when it comes to being PC. People give Vince a lot of stick for his involvement in the product. I don't think Vince is so much the problem. Vince has never been that great of a booker, but he's surrounded himself with talented people throughout the years who he trusted. Now, he seems to have surrounded himself with college graduates and aspiring Hollywood screenwriters. It's unlikely that the people he has working under him he has any true respect for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,080 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

If Lana and Rusev didn't get engaged, would Tyler still have been brought up? Because Summer wouldn't have left Rusev so no need to bring Breeze up.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Summer did work with Tyler before but yes, i don't think it would have happened if WWE didn't have to ditch wherever the other storyline was going pre Lana injury and the engagement.

I think its better for Summer to be working with Tyler though, she has had enough bad pairings, from Fandango, to involved with Mizdow to Rusev. Tyler is like the male version of her old NXT persona in ways so they make sense together.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,998 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Did any of ye see Angela Scanlon's Close Encounters just now with Sheamus on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,787 ✭✭✭✭briany

I haven't seen Sandow on proper WWE programming in quite a while. He can't even seem to get on Main Event or Superstars. I've seen him do turns on UpUpDownDown, and he's probably in other Network shows a little bit, but he's fallen quite a way from his great Mizdow run.

Cena dropping the title to Alberto Del Rio is the latest in a long line of bad decisions made by the WWE.

So many young guns have challenged Cena all year and brought the best out of him that most of us have seen in years there has been so many great matches in the US title open challenge that having ADR win it in a boring by the numbers match is just shocking.

Instead of having Cena drop it to one of the next generation the McMahon's go with tried and failed tested by the number wrestlers.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 39,920 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Cena dropping the title to Alberto Del Rio is the latest in a long line of bad decisions made by the WWE.

So many young guns have challenged Cena all year and brought the best out of him that most of us have seen in years there has been so many great matches in the US title open challenge that having ADR win it in a boring by the numbers match is just shocking.

Instead of having Cena drop it to one of the next generation the McMahon's go with tried and failed tested by the number wrestlers.

And that's why at some point when the current top guys hang it up and aren't on the road full time the WWE are going to be royally ****ed. They don't or won't create new main event stars on the main roster, the divas revolution isn't going well and the ppv last night was good but you had two part timers in the main event and outside of Seth who they have booked terribly btw who is the next credible crop of main event guys ?

Like a Caucasian Kamala how can you not love The New Day.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

They need someone for the Mexican/Hispanic market

Putting the title on Del Rio is more of a corporate decision

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I think Del Rio returning could be a good thing. They need people like Del Rio to work with the younger talent. He is one of very few former World Champions they could put in that spot and fill in for Cena and Orton.

The chap was working all over the place since leaving, its not like Jericho returning for one feud or one match. He is not the Big Show or Kane thankfully.

Rollins, Owens, Reigns, Ambrose, New Day etc could all work with Del Rio in fresh feuds.

He also appeals to another demographic just because of his heritage.

If they avoid the same booking as the end if his last run it can be a success, if he ends up beating Zack Ryder tonight then they may as well have left him working AAA.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

DM_7 wrote: »
    If they avoid the same booking as the end if his last run it can be a success, if he ends up beating Zack Ryder tonight then they may as well have left him working AAA.

is he still employed? he's getting into JTG territory.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement