Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

At a death metal concert and I've seen someone with a Finn Balor t-shirt. Never figured I'd see a wrestling shirt here to be honest :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 60,619 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Mod edit:
    So is ADR a part timer now?

Since he is AAA Champion as well do AAA have a deal in place for him to work in Mexico part time now.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

is he still employed? he's getting into JTG territory.

He is, last time I saw him was on NXT. Tags with Mojo Rawley down there.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭wintear

Turned on This Morning to see Ruth & Eamoan interviewing the Hulkster.
    First thing he says is he can replace Terry Wogan on children in need. The interview is around half an hour in.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,080 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Probably better that breeze was brought up now otherwise he'd probably be brought up in February as a complete airhead to cash in on the new Zoolander. Tough they could still do that.

Also was thinking I want the dudleys to win the tag titles and defend them under hardcore rules but a 24/7 table match

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

I'm kinda surprised they haven't gone for a 24/7 rule with any of the titles, or a return of the Hardcore title.
    With the prevalence of social media in the WWE Universe, it'd be a great way to draw in casuals/non-viewers.

Also I wonder will Roussey's defeat effect her possible WM32 appearance/match

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Also I wonder will Roussey's defeat effect her possible WM32 appearance/match

If anything, I'd say it makes it more likely. Ronda's still a superstar, the defeat is just a twist in her story. It's not like Conor McGregor, or how Chael Sonnen was back in the day, where her stardom is predicated on her being able to back it up in the Octagon and she'll look like someone just blowing hot air if she loses. She's dominated all comers already so her legacy is secure. Rousey may even retire from MMA after this, which would leave stuff like WWE appearances very much on the cards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

She is not available for Mania as she is filming some movie I thought?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

gimmick wrote: »
    She is not available for Mania as she is filming some movie I thought?

They can always work her schedule around it if she is set on being involved. She would only need a day or two off for it afterall. Could always just shoot some scenes she isn't in during those days for example. That's not to say she will do Mania though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Stardust needs a decent feud, stat. He's giving his all with the gimmick and it's getting him nowhere. I like Cody and think he should be at least at the level say, Ziggler is at now. Bringing in the Ascension made sense to me as they were at nothing and it added to Stardust but they've all done nothing of note together.

Would love to see Goldust return at the Rumble and eliminate the Ascension and start up a feud with Stardust that culminates in a match at Mania and Cody could return to being Cody on the following nights Raw to a huge pop I'm sure.

Or if Goldust returns at the Raw after Mania and let them have a run until it's Team Gold v Team Stardust at next years SS.

When is Goldust expected back anyway? (If at all)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

They can always work her schedule around it if she is set on being involved. She would only need a day or two off for it afterall. Could always just shoot some scenes she isn't in during those days for example. That's not to say she will do Mania though

While she could work Mania, if she is filming during that or after teh event, she may be out due to insurance reasons.

The Rock got injured during WM29 and delayed the filming of Hercules for a month or 2 costing afair bit of money. Movie companies arent keen on costly delay and insurance companies wont cover activities in hazardous enviroments.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

My latest quick profile piece on the possibility of Kalisto being the answer to WWEs 'new hispanic star' narritive.

http://www.voicesofwrestling.com/2015/11/16/is-wwes-answer-right-under-their-nose/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Stardust needs a decent feud, stat. He's giving his all with the gimmick and it's getting him nowhere. I like Cody and think he should be at least at the level say, Ziggler is at now. Bringing in the Ascension made sense to me as they were at nothing and it added to Stardust but they've all done nothing of note together.

Would love to see Goldust return at the Rumble and eliminate the Ascension and start up a feud with Stardust that culminates in a match at Mania and Cody could return to being Cody on the following nights Raw to a huge pop I'm sure.

Or if Goldust returns at the Raw after Mania and let them have a run until it's Team Gold v Team Stardust at next years SS.

When is Goldust expected back anyway? (If at all)

It really is the one fued I was dying to see, especially after their great run as a team. But for some reason it fell flat as a pancake. Bit crap cause it had a bundle of potential.

Both Rhodes certainly have/had more than enough talent to knock on but there were always bigger fish above them. Cody has made gold out of all he has been given but I can't see him getting another referb to hit the main event at this stage.

On the same note, would have looooovvved to see Goldust (original goldy) have had a run at the world title. Could have been cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Why is Ahmed Johnson never really mentioned in the WWE?

He was a guy that was pushed very strongly starting out, and was the first Black IC champ.

We've seen several older superstars come back for various different things down through the years, but never Ahmed. Has he been blackballed?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Often wondered that myself. Googled him and didn't see any obvious scandal but he is now massively obese and pretty much unrecognisable from the old days. Dunno if that has anything to do with it. Apparently he packed on weight when he went to WCW after WWE and they let him go because of it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Yup. He became Big T, and the name fitted him well.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

He walked out on WWF/E.

He wasn't very good.

Called Vince a racist.

Jesus! Just Google him there now, totally unrecognisable

ahmed_twinkies.jpg

Anyone hoping Undertaker appears on Survivor Series in his original gear(the black and grey?) That'd be cool!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,920 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Jesus! Just Google him there now, totally unrecognisable

The answer to the question of who ate all the pies has been answered. Jesus that's mad.

Edit: sorry lads didn't mean to quote the pic. Pic not quoted.

• Advertisement

Anyone hoping Undertaker appears on Survivor Series in his original gear(the black and grey?) That'd be cool!

I'd love it. It would be so cool and just full circle.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,998 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I'd love it. It would be so cool and just full circle.
    For a further throwback, maybe we should hear JBL go all "CHECK OUT THEM DRUMSTICKS" for when he appears.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Id love that im hoping for one of his special entrances at least for it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,410 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I'm curious about the contracts the NXT wrestlers have. I mean you've got guys from Japan, the Indy scene, former TNA guys, veterans etc. What sort of contracts are they being offered?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Riddle101 wrote: »
    I'm curious about the contracts the NXT wrestlers have. I mean you've got guys from Japan, the Indy scene, former TNA guys, veterans etc. What sort of contracts are they being offered?

Remember Joey Cabray (Luther Ward) saying in a few interviews since he left development that he was on very decent money.

I'd say the likes of Joe, Rhyno and a few of the former indie darlings are on money greater if not equal to what they have on offer in Japan, TNA or the indies.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

How good was this video package? The definitive peak of a career captured.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Think its made even better knowing Miz didnt see until it was played just before his entrance. Stuff like that is WWE at its undeniable best

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Seeing as Survivor Series is tonight and Im listening to the Main Event on Place to be Nation a random bit of fantasy booking popped into my head. It'll never happen but just thought I'd throw it out there.

Ok so we are all expecting shenanigans tonight in the tournament finals one way or another. Id have Reigns and Owens advance to the finals with Owens being played up as HHH's chosen guy. Sheamus and Barrett are seen leaving the Authoritys office before the match in the píss break slot ( probably Dolph v Tyler ). Steph comes out and announces its a no DQ match and it looks like the fix is in for Owens.

As the match progresses HHH, Sheamus and Barrett come to ringside and Sheamus has his briefcase. Owens and Reigns are destroying each other back and forward until outta nowhere BOOM Pop Up Powerbomb. To be sure Owens picks up Reigns sends him into the ropes again and hits another Pop Up Powerbomb and we hear HHH shouting off screen "Kevin! Hey Kevin" Owens turns around into a Brogue Kick. We think thats its Sheamus is cashing in, Barrett is picking up Reigns and it looks like Sheamus is gonna Brogue Kick him until HHH gets on the apron and starts laughing. With that Reigns, Barrett and Sheamus smile and then embrace. By now Owens is struggling to his feet and Sheamus hits another Brogue Kick, then Owens is held up so Reigns can hit the Spear. 1,2,3 new Champion Roman Reigns. Ambrose comes out wondering what the hell is going on and he gets laid out by the new Authority of Roman, Sheamus and Barrett. New top heels and 2 new top babyfaces made in one match.

Next night HHH tells Sheamus not to worry about his Money in the Bank contract as he has changed the limit from a year to indefinite and there wont be anymore MITB matches. And the Authority have Sheamus' contract as the ultimate Plan B. Going forward have Reigns v Ambrose and Owens v Sheamus till the Rumble. Lesnar wins the Rumble setting up Reigns v Lesnar at WM. Sheamus v Ambrose for IC title at WM in a bloody brawl type match and Owens v HHH as Owens blames HHH for screwing him out of the WWE Title and then his IC Title too. And then we have 3 big WM matches with a purpose and backstory.

Tl;dr fantasy booking from tonight till Mania

Was watching mania 2000 and the first match is the godfather and d'lo against bossman and bull buccanan. And Jesus but the godfather is over as feck. I mean the crowd completing his schtick and all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,410 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Was watching mania 2000 and the first match is the godfather and d'lo against bossman and bull buccanan. And Jesus but the godfather is over as feck. I mean the crowd completing his schtick and all.

Think I remember reading that The Godfather hated the idea of him being put into Right To Censor. Maybe he knew how over his gimmick was and didn't want it to end. Think they gave him the Tag Team Championships later on to cheer him up or something. I actually liked The Goodfather though, I think RTC were great and it was really fitting to have a character like his put into RTC and converted. Same with Val Venis.

Rikishi was another wrestler who was really over at that time, who hated turning heel because of how popular he was. I think Rikishi was awesome and it would have been interesting to see him as a proper Main Eventer. But WWE kind've soured on him later on and depushed him during the Invasion Angle.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement