Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Exactly. Going from main eventing PPVs to a make-shift tag team is a demotion. Punk/Bryan in a lower position due to a feud with much less important performers means you're being dragged down. Punk & Bryan are helping those lads out by being in a feud with them, as opposed to WWE focusing on Punk & Bryan in the main event. What's Rowan and Harper's role in this? To take the pinfalls in the feud, and make sure Bray doesn't. So they're filling the role of jobbers in the feud.

TNA's a weird separate deal, those lads are featured jobbers. Like they've a storyline with backstage segments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭LOTD

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Bryan was main eventing PPV's, fighting for the top title and being the main babyface in the main storyline. Punk was fighting the best manager in WWE's recent history, in the second biggest storyline.

The Wyatts were facing the likes of Kofi Kingston just because.

Bryan is now a million miles away from the main event and Punk isnt in much better condition. Thats all due to the Wyatt feud. They have been dragged way down the ladder by being lumped with them.

If you lose every time, you are a jobber. Thats what a jobber does. He/they lose.

It's a cursory storyline at best. It probably be over after TLC. I'm not going to get worked up over it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

rovert wrote: »
    True but Norv Fernum And Dewey Barnes still fly the flag.

I`d rather watch a 2 hour impact dedicated to just them two than the Wyatts

• Registered Users Posts: 29,070 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

GTR63 wrote: »
    I`d rather watch a 2 hour impact dedicated to just them two than the Wyatts

4 way iron man match between Dewey, Norv, Shark Boy and Curry Man would keep me happy. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    On the bright side though maybe one day that kid will come on here and you'll be the reason he stuck with wrestling for as long as he did! You made a kid smile, that's all that really matters. Some people are very ignorant!

Ah here's hoping just thought it was very disrespectful. I'd say the kid doesnt even remember it but ah well I tried my best sure.

Anyways.
    Watching Survivor Series 96, how the tag team of Marty Jannetty and Al Snow didn't catch on I will never know. Also whatever drugs The British Bulldog took (Besides the roids) he took far too many of them before this show. Doing his spots late, Owen pretty much had to grab him to make the sly tag. You can see when he is moving around the ring it is terrible he looks so slow and lethargic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭bobby_says_hi

You brought that kid up and his mother just brought him down. If she's so shameless to do it in front of him, it's probably not the first or last time she'll do it. It was a good thing you did even if it seems small. He probably won't forget it

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I was thinking that's its a really lovely thing you did for that kid. If a parent slags off wrestling next time you could turn to the kid and say "you know what we say to people who don't get wrestling?" (And do the You can't see me gesture) and smile (you could even do it with him)

On a side note I bet part of the snippy remark was because you related to the kid in a way they can't.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

jaykhunter wrote: »
    I was thinking that's its a really lovely thing you did for that kid. If a parent slags off wrestling next time you could turn to the kid and say "you know what we say to people who don't get wrestling?" (And do the You can't see me gesture) and smile (you could even do it with him)

On a side note I bet part of the snippy remark was because you related to the kid in a way they can't.

Id do the suck it crotch chop... maybe too grown up for the kid tho..... oh well :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

How awesome would it be if Antonio Cesaro gave someone the Giant Swing up and over the top rope in the Royal Rumble and it eliminated them. Granted it would have to be onto a bunch of people to break the fall.

Kofi, I'm looking at you...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭LOTD

Omackeral wrote: »
    How awesome would it be if Antonio Cesaro gave someone the Giant Swing up and over the top rope in the Royal Rumble and it eliminated them. Granted it would have to be onto a bunch of people to break the fall.

That would be some spot. Imagine if it was botched though :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

I watch the rumble and a small part of me would be disappointed if there isn't a mad Kofi spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

UFO would be easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Roman Reigns should beat The Streak.

Who ever beats the streak should go unbeaten at mania from that moment on

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭gerTheGreat

Who ever beats the streak should go unbeaten at mania from that moment on

Or hated for life. Could be a poison chalice.

If handled correctly we could have the worlds most hated heel ever Heat for life

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Yeah Miz's 3-0 streak.

Taker's streak should never be broken.

Enter Mr Cena

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Charisteas wrote: »
    Yeah Miz's 3-0 streak.

Taker's streak should never be broken.
    He's actually 4-0!

He's actually 4-0!

How so?

• Advertisement

He's actually 4-0!

He's 3-0 on the main show, and 4-1 if including pre-shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Well since the Pre-Show is now televised I would count that as an actual match! But if we are not including that yeah, he is only 3-0. But I count that match (as it was shown on air) as an actual match and have him at 4-0.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,070 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Isn't Cole undefeated at Wrestlemania. Streak versus streak match?

Well since the Pre-Show is now televised I would count that as an actual match! But if we are not including that yeah, he is only 3-0. But I count that match (as it was shown on air) as an actual match and have him at 4-0.

The match with Morrison vs Primo and Carlito for the Unified Tag Titles should never have been dark. Absolute disgrace. And for what, a Kid Rock mini concert and a silly diva match

The match with Morrison vs Primo and Carlito for the Unified Tag Titles should never have been dark. Absolute disgrace. And for what, a Kid Rock mini concert and a silly diva match

But its Miz he was doing Dark Matches before doing it on Youtube was the cool thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭SimonQuinlank

His pay cheque wouldn't count it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭764dak

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Bryan was main eventing PPV's, fighting for the top title and being the main babyface in the main storyline. Punk was fighting the best manager in WWE's recent history, in the second biggest storyline.

The Wyatts were facing the likes of Kofi Kingston just because.

Bryan is now a million miles away from the main event and Punk isnt in much better condition. Thats all due to the Wyatt feud. They have been dragged way down the ladder by being lumped with them.

If you lose every time, you are a jobber. Thats what a jobber does. He/they lose.

Was Stone Cold Steve Austin being dragged down when he feuded with Lance Storm?

764dak wrote: »

When was this?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

764dak wrote: »

Wasnt Austin the GM at that stage?

Would hardly count it as a feud either. Austin called Storm boring a few times.

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement