Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,080 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Wonder how they decide whose appearances they promote in advance and whose they don't mention. Like Y2J turning up, or The Rock's surprise appearance not so long ago. While other weeks they would announce how The Rock will be there the next week or Lesnar coming back next week.
    Is it just because the decision/deal was made during the week?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,410 ✭✭✭Riddle101

So what are the predictions for Royal Rumble 2016? Odds stacked against Reigns it seems. I'd hate it if Reigns was to win it against after last year. I mean they had Stone Cold and Shawn Michaels win it two years in a row, and in Stone Cold's case he won it 3. Having Reigns win it again would be cringe worthy as f*ck but this is WWE and they are really desperate to make Reigns into a big star.

Other likely candidates to win it are Brock Lesnar I believe. That would set up a rematch at Wrestlmania between Lesnar and Reigns. But Christ, isn't the whole wrestler winning the Rumble more than once a bit redundant now. Batista, Cena, HBK, Stone Cold, Hulk Hogan etc, I just hate to thought of seeing Lesnar winning another one, but I guess it's not about who wins it the most, but what's best for business.

Triple H could return at Rumble at win it again. But that's worst case scenario in my books. HHH winning the Rumble and the WWE World Heavyweight Championhip. Guy has done enough but how else are they going to set up a feud at Wrestlmania. Maybe he'll just return and help eliminate Reigns during the Rumble.

Dean Ambrose is probably highly unlikely. I'd personally like to see him win it because I'm a big fan. As a massive twist they could have him win the Rumble by eliminating Reigns.

Bray Wyatt maybe? It would seem like the perfect chance. He has The Wyatt Family, and would probably make for an interesting heel champion.

Sheamus, I don't see winning it again, plus I think he's more or less served his purpose now. He was really just a transitional champion, and was used to make Reigns look good. After losing twice to Reigns I just can't see it happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Riddle101 wrote: »
    So what are the predictions for Royal Rumble 2016? Odds stacked against Reigns it seems. I'd hate it if Reigns was to win it against after last year. I mean they had Stone Cold and Shawn Michaels win it two years in a row, and in Stone Cold's case he won it 3. Having Reigns win it again would be cringe worthy as f*ck but this is WWE and they are really desperate to make Reigns into a big star.

Other likely candidates to win it are Brock Lesnar I believe. That would set up a rematch at Wrestlmania between Lesnar and Reigns. But Christ, isn't the whole wrestler winning the Rumble more than once a bit redundant now. Batista, Cena, HBK, Stone Cold, Hulk Hogan etc, I just hate to thought of seeing Lesnar winning another one, but I guess it's not about who wins it the most, but what's best for business.

Triple H could return at Rumble at win it again. But that's worst case scenario in my books. HHH winning the Rumble and the WWE World Heavyweight Championhip. Guy has done enough but how else are they going to set up a feud at Wrestlmania. Maybe he'll just return and help eliminate Reigns during the Rumble.

Dean Ambrose is probably highly unlikely. I'd personally like to see him win it because I'm a big fan. As a massive twist they could have him win the Rumble by eliminating Reigns.

Bray Wyatt maybe? It would seem like the perfect chance. He has The Wyatt Family, and would probably make for an interesting heel champion.

Sheamus, I don't see winning it again, plus I think he's more or less served his purpose now. He was really just a transitional champion, and was used to make Reigns look good. After losing twice to Reigns I just can't see it happening.

I've seen it being said that they are considering having Triple H win it, t go on and face Regis at Mania. Some kinda "control of WWE" Stipulation would be included too

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Could see it, Triple H challenging Reigns, Reigns wins The Authority disband never to be seen again until 6 weeks later when everything is undone :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    I've seen it being said that they are considering having Triple H win it, t go on and face Regis at Mania. Some kinda "control of WWE" Stipulation would be included too

regis-philbin-crowd-goes-wild.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Adiboo wrote: »
    regis-philbin-crowd-goes-wild.jpg

:D:D:DGotta love the autocorrect on Mobiles these days!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,410 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Thinking about it more, it does seem like HHH will be the most likely. I hate the thought of it but it make sense at the same time. The only person HHH would trust is himself. I think he has implied that he doesn't believe nor like Seth Rollins very much and only accepted him because Rollins was more willing to join him, and Sheamus has failed to live up to his expectations. HHH probably thinks he is the only one worthy of holding the championship now. Plus a victory of HHH was cement Reigns too I guess.

When Vince does eventually step down/hand over control to Hunter & Stephanie, I HOPE they do away with the term ''Sports Entertainment'', that term grinds my freaking gears.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,920 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    When Vince does eventually step down/hand over control to Hunter & Stephanie, I HOPE they do away with the term ''Sports Entertainment'', that term grinds my freaking gears.

I hope so too but it's been used for so long that it would be hard for some in the company(Kevin dunn) to change although hopefully when Vince hangs it up Kevin Dunn will shag off as well and take that stupid camera with him.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I hope so too but it's been used for so long that it would be hard for some in the company(Kevin dunn) to change although hopefully when Vince hangs it up Kevin Dunn will shag off as well and take that stupid camera with him.

The day Vince goes, his sycophants/yes men/brown nosers go as well.. Let Triple H & Stephanie bring in their own people to help them run the company..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

If it makes you feel better, WWF have been using that term since the 80s! Trying to evade taxes because it isn't a sport (the hand thing means the taxes!)

23921814400_cee2ae0135_o.jpg

Plus when wrestlers (sorry, actors) call themselves wrestlers, it gets a pop :)

jaykhunter wrote: »
    If it makes you feel better, WWF have been using that term since the 80s! Trying to evade taxes because it isn't a sport (the hand thing means the taxes!)

23921814400_cee2ae0135_o.jpg

Plus when wrestlers (sorry, actors) call themselves wrestlers, it gets a pop :)

Always a suitable Simpsons reference for everything, fair play Jay :D, crafty Vince was crafty using ''sports entertainment'' to avoid coughing up to the taxman

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

Why exactly did Raven/Johnny Polo leave WWF for ECW in 94? Was he fired or did he leave by choice? Just seems odd if he left, he was an on air talent, sometimes a commentator on Raw and also a producer on Raw and apparently was also on the creative team! Surely he was getting a pretty good payday out of it??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I know everything goes by Vince but even though he is a real wrasslin' guy, I've a feeling HHH has an equally big hard on for all this "sports entertainment" stuff and the like.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Why exactly did Raven/Johnny Polo leave WWF for ECW in 94? Was he fired or did he leave by choice? Just seems odd if he left, he was an on air talent, sometimes a commentator on Raw and also a producer on Raw and apparently was also on the creative team! Surely he was getting a pretty good payday out of it??
    He hated the Johnny Polo shtick, and wanted to be a wrestler, not a manager or backstage guy I believe. Vince didn't think he was big enough or something, so Raven walked.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

Jaysus, fair play to him for having the pride to walk away from the money I suppose.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Well that's the way Raven himself tells it at any rate, dunno if that's 100% factual though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

ShagNastii wrote: »
    I know everything goes by Vince but even though he is a real wrasslin' guy, I've a feeling HHH has an equally big hard on for all this "sports entertainment" stuff and the like.

I dunno if it's a hard on, I mean look at NXT it's pure, 80's, Saturday morning territory wrestling, but more an acceptance and respect of Vince's reality. Either way the end result will likely be the same and the Triple H era will be much more similar to how it is now than many would like to think.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,998 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

I think I fought this guy in Streets of Rage.

http://i.imgur.com/kM1UUWS.gifv

ha ha ha! WTF was that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,620 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

WWE just need to bring in the Fallen Angel now to have a Joe, AJ & Daniels triple threat 10 years to late on NXT.

I'd say if smackdown was live this week, they would've been sweating at possible over exposure of Becky.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Over Exposure ? what happened

At one point Charlotte lifts her by her top, which must be really stretchy because it didn't rip.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Did anyone hear Mauro Ranallo on smackdown? thoughts?

Did anyone hear Mauro Ranallo on smackdown? thoughts?

Definitely a plus. A more authoritative/credible voice; unlike pandering lackey-sounding Michael Cole. He calls moves, like Becky's pump handle exploder suplex. Hopefully he doesn't immediately turn into Michael Cole.

He said it was a dream come true for him and you could tell he used to watch with some of the terms he was using that I haven't heard in a long time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Thought he did great. Just the right amount of enthusiasm and calling the moves/ match like they actually matter and it works! He had some good lines too. A* for his first night.

Heel King was pretty good bouncing off him. I don't know why Byron is on tv every week. The third guy usually just gets in the way for me.

Hopefully Vince doesn't get involved and they leave him to do what he's good at.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Sounds promising, I'm going to watch smackdown this week for the first time in a long time so. Him and Bas were always the voice of Pride for me and I liked Mauro even if at times he was a bit too enthusiastic, but I think this will be a positive for pro wrestling. I just hope he doesn't get turned into a Michael Cole clone by Vince, or have to do any shilling

• Advertisement

10 years ago today, Edge cashed in his money in the bank briefcase against John Cena

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement