Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Wow, time really has flown. That feels so recent to me in some ways. Thanks for posting that.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,080 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

As entertaining as I still find it, how much longer will it take to flog the R Truth bit to death so they can keep flogging it? Wonder who came up with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

CastorTroy wrote: »
    As entertaining as I still find it, how much longer will it take to flog the R Truth bit to death so they can keep flogging it? Wonder who came up with that.

Already is old. Was funny the first time (if a bit racist given that he confused himself with Kofi!) but they need to vary the joke a little. Truth has great comedic timing though.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Was it on RAW as well as Smackdown? I am happy to see Truth getting some screen time at least, he's great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Can't believe how ripped Del Rio is. Vince must have a serious hard on for him. They should do something solid with him. He's so much better than they've allowed him to be.

Slightly ghey but the new hair is cool too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,619 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

A year away from the WWE wellness policy has done him the world of good ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

Can't believe how ripped Del Rio is. Vince must have a serious hard on for him. They should do something solid with him. He's so much better than they've allowed him to be.

Slightly ghey but the new hair is cool too.

Following on from that anyone notice how much more toned and in shape some wrestlers are when they join the main roster like neville and then when they're on the road and tour they get a bit, doughy? They stay in shape but not like when they're settled in Florida.

Might be imagining it who knows! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭billion dollar baby

I think it's probably harder for them to keep the same physiques when they are not used to eating on the road where you are at the mercy of drive thrus and convenience food. Also the gym situation can be sketchy at best

Definitely but he must be putting in some serious work. He's look more shredded to me every week.

Scott Putski award winner!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

They have a state of the art gym and equipment in the Performance centre then have to find gyms in what towns they are in so I would think it's that plus they can eat better at home then on the road as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

One of my nephews sent me a text this morning (He is under 10) out of nowhere which made me laugh:

"Kevin Owens is a dinosaur in no imagination big and fat and full of crap everybody knows that "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Just had a thought for a way to book Daniel Bryans victorious return at the Rumble. WWE should use Final Countdown as the official theme song and constantly bombard the tv shows with ads (nothing new in that) using that song, then when #30 arrives Final Countdown starts playing and the last 6-8 guys in the ring are a bit confused by this as the song continues to play and just before the chorus the arena lights go out and as the singer shouts "its the final countdown" Daniel Bryans logo flashes on the tron and DB walks out and wins the WWE title he never lost......

Will never happen but man would it be great

LeeJM wrote: »
    Just had a thought for a way to book Daniel Bryans victorious return at the Rumble. WWE should use Final Countdown as the official theme song and constantly bombard the tv shows with ads (nothing new in that) using that song, then when #30 arrives Final Countdown starts playing and the last 6-8 guys in the ring are a bit confused by this as the song continues to play and just before the chorus the arena lights go out and as the singer shouts "its the final countdown" Daniel Bryans logo flashes on the tron and DB walks out and wins the WWE title he never lost......

Will never happen but man would it be great

I just mentioned The Final Countdown on the other thread! I love that idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

"Kevin Owens is a dinosaur in no imagination big and fat and full of crap everybody knows that "

Ha ha ha! I don't get dinosaur. Maybe it's his burly beard?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Sounds like something Enzo Amore would call him

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Ha ha ha! I don't get dinosaur. Maybe it's his burly beard?

I'm waiting for an explanation to dinosaur but for some reason it works when I think about it! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,998 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Anyone ever watch Game Sack? Good. You're awesome. Their latest episode happens to cover wrestling games.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Anyone ever watch Game Sack? Good. You're awesome. Their latest episode happens to cover wrestling games.

Luuuuuuuvv Gamesack. It is my Sunday morning viewing every week. Today's episode was a bit of a let down. Bit obvious neither Joe or Dave are big wrestling fans. Sort of going through the motions as the episode was clearly requested by the fans.

Got a SNES off the missus for Christmas and was only this week sourcing a few games to keep my eye out for. Slammasters sets you back the guts of €100:eek:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I'm waiting for an explanation to dinosaur but for some reason it works when I think about it! :p

I reckon you're supposed to sing it to the tune of "Barney is a dinosaur from our imagination, etc". :P

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

ShagNastii wrote: »

Got a SNES off the missus for Christmas and was only this week sourcing a few games to keep my eye out for. Slammasters sets you back the guts of €100:eek:

Thats due to the royalties they have to pay to my board.ie PW draft promotion, the BWA

My promotions logo for the past few years
    Slammasters2_logo-bwa.png

what I just spotted in the above video:
    pzUZNsx.png
    :eek::eek::eek::pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement

An File wrote: »
    I reckon you're supposed to sing it to the tune of "Barney is a dinosaur from our imagination, etc". :P

I cant help but hate your name after the awful Donegal Catch ad....Sorry

But where did you steal that from BH?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

beakerjoe wrote: »
    But where did you steal that from BH?

didn't know it at the time as I think it was just some blog post using the picture to represent wrestling promotions but I guess it had to be there

fuerte_origin19.jpg

Capcom is like the old NWA and the BWA is just one of the big territories

• Registered Users Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Looks like it is identical. You can even see the squiggle in the center of the middle skull.

No Tecmo World Wrestling or Wrestlefest? What kind of wrestling games special is this?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

CastorTroy wrote: »
    No Tecmo World Wrestling or Wrestlefest? What kind of wrestling games special is this?

The kind where they have no real interest in wrestling! I love Game Sack, I forgot how protective I am about wrestling to outsiders. A lot of "supposedly", "I've know idea who these people are" and profuse apologising that they know nothing/don't particularly care about wrestling!

They do multiple episodes on the same topic, dunno if anyone's clambering for round 2. Is cool to see wrestling covered though, and the lads gave it their best shot. Cool to see multiple Fire Pro games covered.

I think they should split the US and Intercontinental titles between Smackdown and Raw. Of course, one downside to this is people who want to see a particular superstar who's champ or competing for the title won't see them on the other brand. But at the same time it will give more time to one title's storyline.

Before, an issue with the different brands was that some people didn't have the channel it aired on, but the fact that both shows are now on USA, they should be more comfortable with believing people will tune in for both shows.

Also because of this I think they need to start relying more on that to save repeating storylines/matches on Raw and tell the story as if it's airing 2 episodes a week instead of airing 1 episode and a recap episode each week.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Separate titles and I keep thinking separate brands.

It doesn't have to be a permanent split but a couple of years of a split now would keep some people apart to allow fresh feuds and anticipated match ups in years to come. It could also rejuvenate interest

For example Owens and Zayn on differant shows would create a real appetite to see them clash again on WWE TV. Ambrose and Rollins on different shows could create an appetite to see them clash again in a money feud.

It would also reduce exposure to people like Dolph who we have watched flounder in the mid card twice a week for far too long while make a spot for guys like Miz, Sandow or Ryback to get a consistent run.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Anyone know how far ahead WWE announce events? I'm going to be in New York and New Orleans in May and would love to get to a show if there's one close by but their ticket page for events only goes up to April.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

I see payback is in Newark, New Jersey on may 22nd if that's any use to you?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement