Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Two days too early unfortunately but fingers crossed there'll be something on when I get there as they'll be in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,998 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Ric Flair's theme David Flaired.

Also, related note, but did David ever jog to the ring?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

When I first heard people talking about Ricochet, I thought he was an Irish wrestler called Rick O'Shea and was really looking forward to seeing this new Irish high flyer being talked up so much :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I'd love to see Hiroshi Tanahashi in WWE. I know his best years are behind him, but dang, he's still exciting.

Reminds me of a mix between Eddie Guerrerro and Ricky Steamboat

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

See, I wouldn't as he'd be hamstrung. Rather see him continue to have incredible matches in New Japan, even if he's done most of them.

Feel the same about Nakamura.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

See, I wouldn't as he'd be hamstrung. Rather see him continue to have incredible matches in New Japan, even if he's done most of them.

Feel the same about Nakamura.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Dunny wrote: »

Ha, I wore that Cd out! Austin's new theme was horrible now, looking back

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Austin never used it as a new theme (thankfully!). I think it might've played in a video package once but Austin never had any of H-Blockx! Awful, awful track, even at the time. Weird as a demo of this song was on another WWE CD.

Christian's Blood Brother theme was very odd. Did he ever actually use it?

Some brilliant tracks on that CD. Between this and Volume 3 (DX, Gangrel etc) must be WWE's strongest entries.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

That was a great CD, it does reminds me though of how bad/generic themes are nowadays

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

MY favourite Taker and HHH themes right on there

• Registered Users Posts: 29,082 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Thinking Paige needs to sign an advertising deal with whatever pushup bra company she buys from because she really shows what they can do. :pac:
    (just saw the pic in the divas thread which reminded me)

On another note, saw this video today and made me realise how they'd be struggling to get that kind of calibre of superstar to run to the ring these days. In it we have Austin, Rock, Angle, Taker, Booker, Y2J, RVD, Kane, Show and even Shane McMahon.

Now what would the equivalent be? Reigns, Cena, Wyatt, Orton when he gets back, Brock who's part time, Owens, Ambrose, Sheamus?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Has there ever been a Miz TV where the Miz didn't get beaten up?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

(Mr.) Ken Kennedy and the way his WWE career played out will always be a huge disappointment in my eyes. A complete "what could have been".

IMO he was really entertaining. Over like rover and looked to have been given a mountain of momentum with some big fueds (Eddie, Taker, Batista).

He had announced he'd cash in his money in the bank at Wrestlemania, a year before it happened. He was central to the Vince's illegitimate son angle that was sh*tcanned for that crap with Hornwaggle. Would have loved to had seen how they would have worked both angles with Kennedy getting the push.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,363 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

a friend of mine wants her son to meet john cena. she has emailed and called wwe, the 3arena (when there here), the spencer hotel, john cenas management, his assitants etc but has had no joy. is there any hope ???

John is prob so high demand wherever he goes he would have to choose which kids he can meet. Very sick kids would come first id imagine. He barley stops when hes getting in and out of the bus from the hotels

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

You're friend wants her son to meet Cena or is it you're friends son wants to meet Cena? Either way its unlikely to happen over here as their schedules are pretty tight during a European tour so unless they go to WM and manage to get to one of his meet and greets I dont see it happening. Also calling the hotel is a major no no I'd imagine and if she gave her name asking or demanding to meet Cena then I'd say she is on a blacklist. In my personal opinion what you're friend has done borders on stalking.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

A real sign of the times that there isn't even a pool on here for the Rumble match. 0_o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Put up the cash prize and count me in, I pick number 22. IT'S A SHAMEFUL THING LA-LOBSTERHEAD.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,876 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Two days too early unfortunately but fingers crossed there'll be something on when I get there as they'll be in the area.

Raw is usually held in the same city the night after a ppv but unfortunately you'd be a day late for that also but you could get lucky with Smackdown if they hold it in same city.

Are the tickets expensive for the television tapings over there or is it priced like the house shows here? I'd imagine there's a bit of a jump up in price if the event is going to be televised.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

Think they go from $20 to $120. Probably depends on the city though, like I'd imagine shows in the garden or Chicago cost more because there's a demand for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,920 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I never realised that bayley in nxt was so big in the pectoral area.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Itssoeasy wrote: »

She's not the prettiest girl in NXT even but she's not a bad looking girl at all. And she seems so bloody nice too which is an attractive quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,561 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Decided to treat myself to the wwe network today...just watching survivor series 97, never actually saw the match between Bret and Shawn but wow it's hard to tell what's real and not!!

That match as a standalone is actually really good, if you can watch it out of context. Sometimes when I look at it though I find it hard not to get a really eerie feeling coming on.

That match as a standalone is actually really good, if you can watch it out of context. Sometimes when I look at it though I find it hard not to get a really eerie feeling coming on.

When the match actually gets going it's an okay match. The crap before the bell rings not so much. And yeah most if not all wrestling fans can't watch the match without thinking about is about to happen.

I've probably said this before on here but if what really happened had been presented as being an angle that was part of the show, Bret might have agreed to it. It could've been prevented.

Btw I'm saying bayley is stacked and is gorgeous looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Btw I'm saying bayley is stacked and is gorgeous looking.

Yes we got that fella :pac:

original.png

• Advertisement

needhugs.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement