Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,178 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I don't think you could do a face turn. He doesn't seem half as interesting as a solo competitor, and unless I'm not thinking of some genius angle the Wyatt Family would be the weirdest face faction ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

They've dropped the 'Anyone But You, Roman' angle, thee Kidnapping the Taker/Kane angle, they also broke up the family only to put them back together in a shambles of a segment, Sister Abigail still hasn't appeared, he had magical powers that one time, they don't seem interested in titles, or recruiting people.

They have such great potential, but are arguably the most wasted talent on the roster

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

While I agree he and the group as a whole have plenty of potential, its been 2 and a half years since their main roster debut and while they have been pushed, its been handled so badly and lazily that the faction and mostly Bray is damaged goods, possible damaged beyond repair. Personally I am beyond caring about any feud Bray has had in the past year.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Pre DUI, Jack Swagger proved they can make you care if they want you to.

The push Ryback got pre Suvivor Series 2014 proved it again. As did Zigglers rise pre and at that PPV.

The thing with Wyatt is, they like him, they obviously do. He has a lot of growing still to do before they would really get behind him in a way that will make him beat the likes of Taker. But the way he is getting to work with those guys shows WWE want him to learn.

The mega push if they ever want to give it to him will cure the reservations around him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

While I agree about not being at all interested in Wyatt feuds & promos I don't believe that he's damaged beyond repair. He's still young, talented & has been pushed moderately strong. I think with a bit more refinement to his promos & better creative direction to the character & feuds then the fans will get behind a Bray Wyatt push as many people recognise the potential is there. Combine that with a high profile win (beating Lesnar at Mania this year is NOT the time to do it imo, too risky & forced) and you've potentially got him made.

I'd be interested in seeing what a face Wyatt Family would be like. It'd take a change of members anyway but Wyatt talking his way into a prominent role against the Authority with the fans being members of his family could work and a future heel turn would work perfectly with the cult leader gimmick i.e he manipulated the fans into propelling him into a position of power (the World Championship) but once he has it he takes off his metaphorical mask. We got a taste of it in the Cena feud so with a bit of tweaking I'd be hopeful a face run could work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

As someone not overly familiar with AJ Styles, what are some standout matches of his that I should check out?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

x43r0 wrote: »
    As someone not overly familiar with AJ Styles, what are some standout matches of his that I should check out?

Straight up 5 Stars.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

His match with Shinsuke Nakamura from this years wrestle kingdom is on youtube. A near perfect match

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Is it too late for Daniels to come to NXT

• Registered Users Posts: 60,620 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The WWE need to sign the Fallen Angel and get the gang back together.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I'd easily argue his bouts with Daniels and Joe are the greatest matches ever.

TNA was utterly fantastic back then. It was stacked with so many super characters.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,620 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Talking about that TNA era whatever happened to Elix Skipper?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,920 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

The Undertaker won the WWF Championship at Survivor Series 1991. He then lost it at Tuesday In Texas less than a week later or something like that. He didn't really come that close to the title between that point and 1997. I always think of that when I wonder why Bray Wyatt hasn't had a sustained main event run yet. He's amazing at his promos still. People get bored of him, well then we might as well get bored of every performer talking weekly.

Oh yeah with flair putting the chair in the ring and taker giving the worst tombstone ever at that point. And hogan acting like a fish out of water twitching.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

I loved that match as a kid. Bobby Heenan screaming that Hulkamania was dead on commentary, Hogan twitching like a fish, Flair pushing Tunney off his chair, a tombstone on a chair (it missed by a mile) in 1991 :eek: oh yea and no selling 'taker was awesome to 6 year old me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Oh yeah with flair putting the chair in the ring and taker giving the worst tombstone ever at that point. And hogan acting like a fish out of water twitching.

Story is, Hogan feigned collapsing when he got backstage. He tried to get Taker's push halted, making it look like he was dangerous.

And Taker thought for years that he did actually drop him on his head, until years later, somebody showed him the match. He was unimpressed to say the least

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Have never ever heard that story before. Honestly woudnt shock me if it was true as that was the first time I recall a heel being more over than Hogan.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,920 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Story is, Hogan feigned collapsing when he got backstage. He tried to get Taker's push halted, making it look like he was dangerous.

And Taker thought for years that he did actually drop him on his head, until years later, somebody showed him the match. He was unimpressed to say the least

Really ? Jesus the more I hear about hogan the bigger a dickhead he becomes.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Ya, I hadn't heard it until recently too. Heard it on a podcast, was either Wrestling Observer or Ric Flair's. Can't recall.

Hogan is a real nasty piece of work

• Registered Users Posts: 33,178 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I think that in spite of the ****ty booking and Reigns megapush WWE are still going to be fine for their main event face in the medium-term.

When Rollins comes back from injury he is going to be so white hot that even WWE creative will struggle to mess this up. I'm already excited for it and it's probably a good 6 months away.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

CSF wrote: »
    When Rollins comes back from injury he is going to be so white hot that even WWE creative will struggle to mess this up. I'm already excited for it and it's probably a good 6 months away.

Ladies and gentlemen please welcome back Seth Rollins.

Followed by a 3 month program against HHH where Stephanie humiliates him every week and HHH goes over cleanly. That's how creative can ruin him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Here's a screenshot from a short Sporcle quiz which will easily show how they can mess up Rollins. Keep in mind he spent a lot of 2015 in their most important role.

d897de499e7a168cae71eb22356b892a.png

Link to the quiz if anyone wants it: http://www.sporcle.com/games/djohnson87/wwe-top-10-2015

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Lol, something funny happens if you follow up Rollins with Roman Reigns too

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

The 2008 Jericho Hbk feud was just perfection. From the way it at the start how it interweaves between the Batista HBK feud to the point it explodes to the hottest feud in the company.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Really ? Jesus the more I hear about hogan the bigger a dickhead he becomes.

Hogan is an absolute knob and a liar. Didn't he once say that he talked Laila Ali (Muhammed Ali's daughter) out of suicide on the phone, that she had a gun in her mouth. And she denied the call ever happening. Either way, if it did even happen , that's not news for everyone to be hearing. So yeah, either a liar, a knob or both.

Loughc wrote: »
    The 2008 Jericho Hbk feud was just perfection. From the way it at the start how it interweaves between the Batista HBK feud to the point it explodes to the hottest feud in the company.

Jericho's finest work, character wise? It was a lovely bookend to their 2003 programme too.

Omackeral wrote: »
    Jericho's finest work, character wise? It was a lovely bookend to their 2003 programme too.

It really was his best work. The slow talking, using condecending big words, calling the fans parasites it all just worked. And they found the perfect balance in the feud, it has a proper start, middle and end and didn't outstay it's welcome, unlike Orton-Cena and Orton-HHH feuds.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Hogan is an absolute knob and a liar. Didn't he once say that he talked Laila Ali (Muhammed Ali's daughter) out of suicide on the phone, that she had a gun in her mouth. And she denied the call ever happening. Either way, if it did even happen , that's not news for everyone to be hearing. So yeah, either a liar, a knob or both.

I thought it was the other way around that She was his co-star on American gladiators and rang him when he was contemplating suicide and he says she saved his life.

I thought it was the other way around that She was his co-star on American gladiators and rang him when he was contemplating suicide and he says she saved his life.

Oh quite possibly actually. I'm gonna call BS on it either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Hey don't talk about the bassist of Metallica like that! :mad: :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I don't want to excuse Hogan. But during his interview with Flair on the Woooo nation Podcast. He held his hands up and said he always saw the business as a work. Flair whole heartedly agreed.

In his view (and he is right), if you were the champion, if you were the top dog, you were the one being paid the most.

Doesn't excuse the BS and lies, it's quite douchey and selfish way of looking at things but a part of me applaused that "dog eat dog" mentality.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement