Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Bayley's theme has drilled its way into my skull and won't leave...

So annoying but so catchy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Just looking at the vid of Trips getting his new side plates. Got a bit of stick when it first came out but the title certainly has grown on me. Really looks the business draped over shoulder IMO.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Nice big Muhammad Hassan article for anyone who like me, still finds it interesting after so many years

link

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

AJ Styles Fed theme sounds like it was written for the Briscoe Bros as opposed to AJ.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Hey don't talk about the bassist of Metallica like that! :mad: :pac:

Roman Reigns?

k1jct.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Oh yeah with flair putting the chair in the ring and taker giving the worst tombstone ever at that point. And hogan acting like a fish out of water twitching.
    Hulk Hogan's twitching is one of the things that I still get great laughs from on shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Officer999

What really sums up the WWE for me at the minute is that they have booked a better main event for Fastlane than they have for Wrestlemania.

I'm pretty sure, 9 out of 10 wrestling fans would say they would prefer to watch Brock vs Roman vs Ambrose wrestle as opposed to HHH vs Roman.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I'm trying to be positive for WM after last year. Brock vs. Roman I was dreading, cause it looked like a cert that Roman was leaving with the title, but they managed to save it fantastically. It's really hard to see it being anything other than a match in the main event that nobody wants though. I'd love to see Dean win the triple threat (If Brock doesn't get screwed out of it by the Wyatts then that will be one of the biggest red herrings in history), and to go on to win the title at Mania.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,561 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

ShagNastii wrote: »
    I don't want to excuse Hogan. But during his interview with Flair on the Woooo nation Podcast. He held his hands up and said he always saw the business as a work. Flair whole heartedly agreed.

In his view (and he is right), if you were the champion, if you were the top dog, you were the one being paid the most.

Doesn't excuse the BS and lies, it's quite douchey and selfish way of looking at things but a part of me applaused that "dog eat dog" mentality.

I think the problem with Hogan and WCW is that he had Bischoff is he's pocket and he's mentality ruined WCW. Look at Starcade and Stings big return, after months of building up the match with Sting in the rafters he should have gone over clean no questions asked. Instead we had the slow count B.S with Bret Hart that just devalued months of build up to one of the most eagerly awaited contest of all time. That was really one of the first nails in WCW's coffin.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

After getting my laptop cleaned I can finally watch WWE Network on it and so I'm watched back over some old Nitro's from 1995 and it's only when you see them again do you realise just the sheer lack of love for the cruiserweights. During an episode I watched earlier, Eddie Guerrero making his way to the ring and Disco Inferno comes out ahead of him to dance for no reason, during his match vs Malenko the commentary talks incessantly about the cartoony angle they were doing with Hogan and the Dungeon of Doom, they even cut away from the match to go to a promo with Hogan backstage, then they go back to the match where still all the talk is of Hogan. Credit to WCW for giving these guys a platform to showcase that brand of wrestling on a national stage but damn they could not have cared less about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,876 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Think 1995 was the same year when Guerrero and Malenko had just left ECW for WCW so was probably just Bischoff's way of just making it harder for the guys coming in from the minor leagues as he'd call it. Plus weren't most of the cruiserweights in WCW former ECW alumni.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

After getting my laptop cleaned I can finally watch WWE Network on it and so I'm watched back over some old Nitro's from 1995 and it's only when you see them again do you realise just the sheer lack of love for the cruiserweights. During an episode I watched earlier, Eddie Guerrero making his way to the ring and Disco Inferno comes out ahead of him to dance for no reason

I remember watching a ladder match between Guerrero & Syxx; as Eddie made his entrance this musican on the stage kept saying "loser" over and over on a live mic.......

• Registered Users Posts: 8,876 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

ERG89 wrote: »
    I remember watching a ladder match between Guerrero & Syxx; as Eddie made his entrance this musican on the stage kept saying "loser" over and over on a live mic.......

That was at the NWO Souled Out PPV, they done it to every non NWO wrestler who fought that night.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

ERG89 wrote: »
    The mexican jumping bean

• Registered Users Posts: 29,082 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I remember watching an interview with Bret where he was pitched an idea of someone interfering in one of his WCW matches. He asked why is he interfering and the answer was along the lines of "Just cos". So clearly WCW weren't the best thinkers.

Those these days it seems at times WWE use the same reasoning.

I remember watching an interview with Bret where he was pitched an idea of someone interfering in one of his WCW matches. He asked why is he interfering and the answer was along the lines of "Just cos". So clearly WCW weren't the best thinkers.

Those these days it seems at times WWE use the same reasoning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Just as well Ricky Steamboat was aces in the ring because he had the most boring character for a main event guy ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,410 ✭✭✭Riddle101

CastorTroy wrote: »

Could have sworn that was Jericho's book. Something about The Giant interfering in his match for no reason.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Del Rio's stomp finisher really annoys me, just because it needs the opponent to hold themselves up so they can be hit by it, which really doesn't make any sense. There's zero suspension of disbelief there.

Angron wrote: »
    Del Rio's stomp finisher really annoys me, just because it needs the opponent to hold themselves up so they can be hit by it, which really doesn't make any sense. There's zero suspension of disbelief there.

A bit like Kane's dropkick, where the opponent needs to sit up

• Advertisement

Was watching Impact and thinking Mike Bennett's entrance music sounds very like the Black Sails theme

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

URcard.0.jpg

This card has been doing the rounds "set" for March 20, 2016

• Registered Users Posts: 3,998 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

I hope it really is the final match for both of them. They're just so broken down.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,363 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

will u cry when taker ends his final match ???

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

PTH2009 wrote: »
    will u cry when taker ends his final match ???

Nope. He's stayed on way too long now. He should have retired when the streak ended.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Will u cry when taker ends his final match ???

Nope, he's had two 'final matches' already (streak and H/Taker @ Mania III)! I'm sure WWE will do an incredible job with it though.

take_1482705a.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,410 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I know it's kind've selfish of me to say this because he's injured. But I hope Cena does wrestle at Wrestlmania against Undertaker. I feel like it's the only match that can really get you interested in Undertaker at Mania because it's a big match. There doesn't seem to be any good alternatives for Undertaker. Last years match with Bray Wyatt didn't really work for me. It just felt so small compared all the big wrestlers he faced over the past 10 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

So I've just been informed by the lads on FAN that something fantastic happens when you Google translate Sami Zayn's name from English to Arabic and then back into English.

Plus, the Sami Zayn logo is part of El Generic's mask

IRwDAXSh.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Nice , its little things like that that make you smile.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement